inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Controversial music videos of the 00's?

Written By: Millenium Maniac on 02/01/06 at 9:57 am

What do you think are the most controversial music video of the 2000's so far?

Subject: Re: Controversial music videos of the 00's?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/01/06 at 11:14 am

Hmmm... well, every rap video today if they came out in the '80s or early '90s.

Written By: whistledog on 02/01/06 at 11:59 am

I'd have to say one of the most controversial was "Stupidisco" by Junior Jack.  A wrestling ring with bikini clad women who slowly strip, then make out?  It doesn't get more controversial than that :o

Written By: Schillingfan on 02/01/06 at 1:29 pm

There was the music video alt.end by The Cure and I think it was MTV who would only play it at certian time because of the scene where a headless woman holds a pair of scissors in her hand and then there is a shot of her head...

I was pretty angry because we see rap/hiphop videos with drive by shootings in them and then we see even more violent things in music videos that are worse than that scene in alt.end

To view alt.end: http://www.thecure.com/downloads/default.asp

Written By: woops on 02/01/06 at 3:58 pm

There was another Madonna video that was "banned", though wasn't anything "shoicking" besides being a horrible song and video.

IMO, all of her videos since the infamous "Justify My Love" should've been banned for the fact they're awful  ::)  :P

Written By: whistledog on 02/01/06 at 6:02 pm

Taking controversial to mean actually caused controversy during the 00's (rather than, say, random opinion), the vid for "Call On Me" by Eric Prydz comes to mind.

"Call on Me" sure did raise a few eyebrows, but it was a fitting tribute to "Perfect" and that whole exercise craze of the 80's.  In some places, that video can only be shown at night

Written By: whistledog on 02/01/06 at 6:30 pm

I didn't think there was anything offensive in there, but you know how people can be.

I didn't find it all that offensive either.  I mean if there was nudity, I can see, but it was pretty much an excersie video.  They should ban exercise videos ;D

They actually turned "Call on Me" into a DVD workout video called "Pump it Up".  It sold quite well all across Europe O0

Written By: Schillingfan on 03/04/06 at 2:50 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/04/06 at 4:26 pm

Madonna's "What It's Like for a Girl" was pretty controversial, along with her whole American Life album...personally, not my favorite work fo hers.

Written By: whistledog on 03/04/06 at 11:50 pm

You want controversial music videos, here's one ...

My My My - Armand Van Helden

Check for new replies or respond here...