inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Worst songs you heard from this year

Written By: Schillingfan on 02/03/06 at 10:44 am

SHEdaisy's "God Bless Canadian Housewives"- because the video for the song shows no Canadian housewives and the song is off of the Desperate Housewives soundtrack and that's where the video's clips are from!

Melissa O' Neil's "Let It Go"- It's on every day on the MMtop10 on channel 35 and some of the singing sounds like yelling

Bon Jovi's "Who Says You Can't Go Home"- It's nice that they built the homes, but the only worst thing about the song is that it gets overplayed on MMtop10!

Bon Jovi's "Have A Nice Day"- It's the second Bon Jovi song that gets overplayed on MMtop10

Subject: Re: Worst songs you heard from this year

Written By: Carl on 02/03/06 at 12:52 pm

Holla back- Gwen Stefani

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/03/06 at 1:19 pm

Laffy Taffy - D4L
GRILLZ - NELLY  >:(  ;D

Written By: Electric Youth on 02/03/06 at 1:42 pm

"Bop to the Top" from "High School Musical", one of the most inane songs of 2006, which even tops last year's "My Humps"  ::)  :P

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/03/06 at 3:53 pm

"Bop to the Top" from "High School Musical", one of the most inane songs of 2006, which even tops last year's "My Humps"  ::)  :P

How did this High School Musical become so big out of nowhere? It blows my dome.

Written By: Electric Youth on 02/03/06 at 4:03 pm

How did this High School Musical become so big out of nowhere? It blows my dome.

It was overly hyped on Disney Channel and was advertised on magazines (Saw it on People magazine a few weeks ago!).

It'll fade like the Ketchup song a few ago and many of the actors will regret it by the time their in their mid 20's and having a hard time getting serious roles

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/03/06 at 6:29 pm

Ouuuuuuucccch.... that sounds bad.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 02/05/06 at 12:43 pm

worst songs this year = Everything in the Billboard Charts (minus maybe 3 songs)

Written By: annonymouse on 02/05/06 at 4:34 pm

all mariah carey songs

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/05/06 at 5:26 pm

all mariah carey songs

Yes!  I am so disgusted that people were so quick to welcome back Mariah Carey to endless #1 spots, but I do think a lot of her success was due to airplay, just like it was when she first started out in 1990.  If she got played as much as say, Gwen Stefani she probably would have sold a million or two less "Emancipation of Mimi" albums.

Check for new replies or respond here...