inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fatal shooting at Buster Rhymes' Video Shoot...

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/06/06 at 5:58 am

Apparently they weren't kidding when they said they were gonna have a video shoot.

Buster's bodyguard, Israel Ramirez, got snuffed just outside the building where the star-studded (Buster, Missy Elliot, G-Unit) were doing a video Sunday morning.

The "thug life"... sure sounds glamourous to me.  ::)

Subject: Re: Fatal shooting at Buster Rhymes' Video Shoot...

Written By: Satish on 02/06/06 at 6:16 am

It's BUSTA RHYMES....
that's Busta, not "Buster".

http://www.mtv.com/music/#/music/artist/rhymes_busta/artist.jhtml

I can see why you'd make the mistake, though. These hip-hop acts like to spell words their own funky way!

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/06/06 at 6:43 pm

It's BUSTA RHYMES....
that's Busta, not "Buster".

http://www.mtv.com/music/#/music/artist/rhymes_busta/artist.jhtml

I can see why you'd make the mistake, though. These hip-hop acts like to spell words their own funky way!

Is he related to Leanne Rhymes?  ???

Written By: whistledog on 02/06/06 at 7:35 pm

rap artists + shootings = just an ordinary day in the rap world  :\'(

Written By: JFK-2004 on 02/06/06 at 7:50 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/07/06 at 8:36 pm

Um, exactly.  The thug lifestyle glamorizes this kind of stuff.  Don't be surprised if it only provides the parties involved with more notoriety, just like every prior shooting.   :o

What does it suggest about our supposedly advanced modern culture when murder and drug dealing earn you #1 hits on the pop charts?

Heck, back in the day, Charlie Manson couldn't even get a recording contract!  Old Charlie would have done better as a rapper, he couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.  I recommend checking out his songs if you can, they're so bad they're good in a bizarro kinda way!
BTW, when Manson's bloody crew did the murders at Roman Polanski's house, they were actually looking to kill record producer Terry Melcher, who had refused to sign Manson.  Melcher and Candace Bergen were living in that house earlier in the year.  I wonder how often Polanski wondered, "why didn't I rent that house we were looking at on the other side of the canyon!"

Anyway, back to Busta, what was the vendetta?  Was it just with the bodyguard or was it with Busta himself?

Check for new replies or respond here...