inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Growing Pains Reunion Show

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/08/06 at 11:09 pm

Did you guys happen to catch the Growing Pains Reunion Show on Larry King Live? I watched part of it last night.  Everyone looks pretty much the same, infact, most of them look better, IMO. It was nice seeing them together again. The only one that wasn't there was the little girl who played their youngest daughter, Krissy (I think was her name on the show).  If you watched it, let me know what you thought about it.

Subject: Re: Growing Pains Reunion Show

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/09/06 at 12:54 am

No I didn't.  Too bad, because I like "Growing Pains".  Remember back in the late '90s and early '00s when they reaired it on Disney?

Kirk Cameron's a weirdo though.  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/09/06 at 6:45 am

No I didn't.   Too bad, because I like "Growing Pains".  Remember back in the late '90s and early '00s when they reaired it on Disney?

I like Kirk Cameron....he seems like a very genuine, down to earth guy.  He and his wife have adopted kids, as well as had a few of their own...they seem like a very closeknit family.

Written By: gmann on 02/09/06 at 7:07 am

I'm sorry I missed that. Back in the day, "Growing Pains" was a regular on my tv. Ben was always my favorite character because he was the troublemaking little brother; a slightly less ambitious version of Wesley on "Mr. Belvedere", perhaps?  :) I could relate, seeing as how I was the kid brother in my family.

Written By: kairi747 on 02/09/06 at 9:03 am

No I didn't.   Too bad, because I like "Growing Pains".  Remember back in the late '90s and early '00s when they reaired it on Disney?

why do you say that about kirk cameron?  i'm just curious - i haven't really heard much about him since the show ended.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/09/06 at 10:01 am

Saw a few seconds of it on TV.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/09/06 at 10:56 am

why do you say that about kirk cameron?  i'm just curious - i haven't really heard much about him since the show ended.

He's a Fundie  ;D

Written By: gmann on 02/09/06 at 11:54 am

He's a Fundie  ;D

Watch out for the evil conservatives!  ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/09/06 at 6:34 pm

He tries to shove his religion down people's throats.

I'm OK with whatever way ya wanna worship.  Just don't try to shove it down my throat or else I'll puke in your general direction.

Written By: kairi747 on 02/10/06 at 9:10 am

[quote author=Ły

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/10/06 at 7:30 pm

Hmm...I never got that from him. I mean, I know that he is very open and vocal about his Christianity...but I have never seen him actually "shoving it down someone's throat". :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 02/10/06 at 9:05 pm

Neither have I.  He has stared in the Left Behind movies, but I haven't seen any shoving.

Written By: Electric Youth on 02/11/06 at 1:59 pm

Hmm...I never got that from him. I mean, I know that he is very open and vocal about his Christianity...but I have never seen him actually "shoving it down someone's throat". :-\\

Check out his website... though my comments about it would fit more on the political forum.  :-X  >:(

I agree, though atleast Tom Cruise is a better actor despite that he's also very open with Scientology and also tend to shove it "down someone's throat"...

I respect several celebrities, but they should keep religion and politics to themselves.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/11/06 at 2:08 pm

Check out his website... though my comments about it would fit more on the political forum.  :-X  >:(

I don't get how that is 'shoving it down our throats'.  You don't have to visit his website.  That is proclaiming your faith, IMHO.  (you're right, though.  This would be a discussion for the political board)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/11/06 at 2:49 pm

I agree, though atleast Tom Cruise is a better actor despite that he's also very open with Scientology and also tend to shove it "down someone's throat"...

I respect several celebrities, but they should keep religion and politics to themselves.

nothing wrong with speaking what you believe.  And Dagwood is right...just because he has a website declaring his Christianity, etc...doesn't mean that you have to agree with it...just don't visit it.

Written By: STAR70 on 02/11/06 at 4:55 pm

He tries to shove his religion down people's throats.

I'm OK with whatever way ya wanna worship.  Just don't try to shove it down my throat or else I'll puke in your general direction.

Neither have I.  He has stared in the Left Behind movies, but I haven't seen any shoving.

in  Cameron's guerrilla jounalism type show, "Way of the Master," which airs on TBN, he stalks lonely teen skater types who loiter in public places, and grills them on the Theory of Evolution. Usually the answers are "Uh, duh, like I don't know exactly how people evolved from monkeys, dude, they just did."  The implication is that only losers/skaters/pariahs/outcasts/dregs of humanity would subscribe to Evolution.

www.wayofthemaster.org

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/11/06 at 7:47 pm

When he was starring on "Growing Pains" he forced the producers to drop one a woman who was on the show, because previously she had done a Playboy spread and he thought that was unreligious.  Apperently he similarly threw his weight around (in the name of religion) on the set.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/11/06 at 9:11 pm

[quote author=Ły

Check for new replies or respond here...