inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who would you like to see make a come back?

Written By: Zoso on 02/13/06 at 2:19 am

These 3 artists have albums due out this year, might get pushed back to next year, out of those three, who do you want to see make a come back?

Subject: Re: Who would you like to see make a come back?

Written By: woops on 02/13/06 at 3:04 am

Other: Deborah Gibson, though doubt she'll ever make a comeback...but still releases good music

http://www.mtv.com/shared/promoimages/news/g/gibson_deborah/180x180.jpg

http://www.discomuseum.com/DebbieGibson.html

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 02/13/06 at 6:45 am

other- Axl Rose

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/13/06 at 12:53 pm

Madonna. She only had a very minor comeback, I still think she has alot to say but to be not taken as a joke she has to gain some damn weight, give up Kabbalah and the fake English accent, and move back to the States. Also Joni Mitchell, I think that might happen in the next decade (you can tell by my avatar, I guess.) People need to listen to more folk rock, it is so beautiful and honest at its best, like Mitchell and Dylan, better than whiny emo crap that attempts to evoke the same feelings.

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/13/06 at 3:44 pm

Bump

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/13/06 at 3:49 pm

I think alot of classic rock stars are going to die beginning in the late 2010s and going through the 2020s...David Bowie, Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, etc. This will probably spark a revival of this stuff.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/15/06 at 5:59 pm

I'd like to see Anita Baker and Sade have music on the Top Ten again, both women are great and have great voices..

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/15/06 at 6:18 pm

I sort of think Sade/Anita Baker-type music is going to come back in the next few years.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/15/06 at 9:45 pm

Culture Club

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/17/06 at 9:21 pm

The Cult. But I don't think it will happen because Ian Astbury is off doing something else, and the Cult without Astbury would be like Van Halen without David Lee Roth...nothing compares to the original.

BTW am I the only one on this board who likes The Cult? Just curious.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 02/21/06 at 9:27 am

The Cult. But I don't think it will happen because Ian Astbury is off doing something else, and the Cult without Astbury would be like Van Halen without David Lee Roth...nothing compares to the original.
They are back together. Ian tried to recruit former Cult/Guns N Roses/Current VR drummer Matt Sorum into the lineup for a new tour. He declined. But Sorum wasn't a founding member anyways, just toured with them during the Sonic Temple tour. I have no information about any possible new Cult album though. But they will be touring.

Written By: Satish on 02/21/06 at 1:44 pm

BTW am I the only one on this board who likes The Cult? Just curious.

I totally LOVE The Cult. One of my all-time favourite bands!

Check for new replies or respond here...