inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Black Eyed Peas

Written By: Carl on 02/15/06 at 9:14 am

Just wanted to know your opinion of them.

There music isn't bad really, 'Pump it' is a good song. The are a different style for me, hey, if something sounds good, I'll listen to it.

Subject: Re: The Black Eyed Peas

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/15/06 at 11:33 am

Not big into them, sorry.  They're really raunchy and corny.

Written By: gmann on 02/15/06 at 11:39 am

"Let's Get It Started" and "Where is the Love?" aren't bad songs, though I wouldn't consider myself a big fan. I'm slow to warm up to most rap and newer R&B. As for "Pump It", I'm uncomfortable about any song that samples Dick Dale. Is nothing sacred?

Written By: Carl on 02/15/06 at 12:22 pm

I'm uncomfortable about any song that samples Dick Dale. Is nothing sacred?

Never heard of the guy. I just think the song has a nice beat to it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/15/06 at 12:24 pm

Where is the Love was outstanding but the Black Eyed Peas have gone downhill since.

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 02/15/06 at 12:28 pm

I like most of their stuff. See, I think the "Miserlou" sample in "Pump It" works well with the song. My mark of a good sample is when it blends to achieve purpose, as opposed to some which seem to compete with the new track.

re: raunchy... eh, I'd say that's questionable... if they are, it's no moreso than other folks

re: corny... I tend to put it more in the category of "fun," but I suppose it just depends on the angle you take for your music.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/15/06 at 12:30 pm

Where is the Love was outstanding but the Black Eyed Peas have gone downhill since.

I could agree with that.  Where Is The Love is a little preachy though, especially considering it's the freaking Black Eyed Peas.

Written By: Carl on 02/15/06 at 12:42 pm

re: raunchy... eh, I'd say that's questionable... if they are, it's no moreso than other folks

Trust me, BEP are tamed compared to the other stuff I hear!

Written By: gmann on 02/15/06 at 1:06 pm

I like most of their stuff. See, I think the "Miserlou" sample in "Pump It" works well with the song. My mark of a good sample is when it blends to achieve purpose, as opposed to some which seem to compete with the new track.

You may have something there. In theory, I don't have a problem with sampling, but it's like any art form...when it's good, it's very good. When it's bad, it's *very* bad. 

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 02/15/06 at 1:34 pm

I dont really care for them that much but some of there songs are kind of catchy. But hey you like what you like and there's no shame in that.

Written By: JDeeOfV on 02/15/06 at 2:45 pm

thats the joint, thats the jam, turn that sh## up, play it again

Joints and Jams, still my favorite BEP song, too bad nobody was payin attention back in 98, i watched that video all the time.

i hated the song "where is the love," melody-wise.

Let's get it started is alright
shutup is alright
my humps is alright
i like the new song, Like That, but it would be better without Cee-Lo. His Work away from the Goodie Mob has been horrible IMO

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/15/06 at 3:09 pm

I like the BEP. "Don't Phunk With My Heart" is good, so is "Pump It" and "Let's Get it Started".

Written By: nally on 02/15/06 at 4:59 pm

I dont really care for them that much but some of there songs are kind of catchy.

I second that statement entirely. I'm not really into them but I sorta like "Don't Lie" because I think it has a catchy beat to it.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 02/15/06 at 5:14 pm

I second that statement entirely. I'm not really into them but I sorta like "Don't Lie" because I think it has a catchy beat to it.

Yeah there o.k. They dont bother me as much as say(just to throw a random name out there)50 Cent ;D

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/15/06 at 5:45 pm

They don't bother me as much as most other hip-hop does.

Written By: STAR70 on 02/15/06 at 5:59 pm

I think Fergie is a hottie!!!!

Written By: nally on 02/15/06 at 11:32 pm

They don't bother me as much as most other hip-hop does.

Same here. Although I don't mind a little early h-h.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 02/15/06 at 11:33 pm

They seemed promising until "My Humps" came out.  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...