inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Michael Jackson, The OJay's, James Ingram, Shirley Caesar on record together!

Written By: Zoso on 02/18/06 at 3:52 am

Michael Jackson's Katrina Song Said Ready     
Saturday, 18 February 2006

Sheik Abdullah bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the son of Bahrain's king, told The Associated Press that the long awaited charity single entitled 'I Have This Dream,' will be out by the end of Februray.

In a telephone interview from Dubai last week, Sheik Abdullah told The Associated Press, "The record is coming along great. We've been taking our time to perfect it and mix it." He said the song, which Jackson wrote, "is a message of peace and help and caring. It's a song of total oneness."

Gospel, R&B and Hip Hop luminaries Snoop Dogg, R. Kelly, Ciara, Keyisha Cole, James Ingram, Jackson's brother Jermaine, Shanice, the Rev. Shirley Caesar participated in the relief project.

The prince said the release has been delayed because additional artists wanted to contribute. But he declined to name those artists "I'd like to keep that as a surprise!" Sheik Abdullah also stated, "This is a raindrop before the thunderstorm,' he said. "He's getting ready to come out with a lot of bells and whistles. He's so energized. It's explosive."

Here are some quotes from some of the artists who participated on the song:

Eddie Levert from the legendary soul group, The OJay's: "James Ingram, Ciara, Snoop Dogg and Shirley Caesar were all there," said Eddie Levert, lead singer for The O'Jays. "Michael produced it on the phone from Bahrain. He talked to Shirley Caesar, he talked to James Ingram. He talked to everyone except me."

"Overall, it came out very well," Levert said. "It had a strong gospel feel. I think it's really a great song. If radio plays it, it could do very well."

Gospel great Rev. Shirley Caesar: "To work with him on this project was such a privilege and a blessing," Caesar said. "Michael is a true humanitarian."

Source: AP http://www.mjjforum.com/main/content/view/2817/2/

This sounds like it will be a very good record. Michael Jackson, The OJay's, James Ingram, Ciara, Snoop Dogg and Shirley Caesar together on record will definately be something I would love to see! At the moment, I am finding it hard to imagine a "We Are The World" type song with a strong gospel feel and a rap by Snoop Dogg (that's assuming he raps in this song because he's never sung on record before has he?), but it will be interesting to hear when it comes out.

"This is a raindrop before the thunderstorm... He's getting ready to come out with a lot of bells and whistles. He's so energized. It's explosive." - this quote has got me really excited!! Michael Jackson energised and explosive, that's something he hasn't been since the Dangerous album. He's never been excited about a record since Dangerous. When HIStory and Invincible came out, he didn't seem very excited during interviews. But when Dangerous came out he was like, "This is the most creative album I have ever done, I love it!!!". SO, hoping he is back in that "Dangerous-era" mind frame again, I'm expecting one hell of an album!!

Subject: Re: Michael Jackson, The OJay's, James Ingram, Shirley Caesar on record together!

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/18/06 at 6:19 am

I wonder if the O-Jays are gonna get on R Kelly's and Michaels "Love Train"...  ???

;D ;D

Subject: Re: Michael Jackson, The OJay's, James Ingram, Shirley Caesar on record together!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/18/06 at 10:15 am

::)

Written By: Zoso on 02/20/06 at 1:22 am

***UPDATE***

All-star Jackson Single To Hit The Market In 2 Weeks        
Sunday, 19 February 2006

All-star Jackson Single To Hit The Market In 2 Weeks
Made in Bahrain project to raise funds for Katrina victims

Michael Jackson's all-star charity single that will raise funds for Katrina victims will be ready for distribution in two weeks.

The single,"I Have This Dream," is in the final stages of being perfected and mixed by Bahrain

Check for new replies or respond here...