inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: THE song of the '00s? (so far)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/22/06 at 4:06 pm

I'd say either "Yeah!" by Usher or In Da Club.  I'll go with "YEAH!"

Subject: Re: THE song of the '00s? (so far)

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/22/06 at 4:16 pm

Boulevard of Broken Dreams is the best song of the decade.

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/22/06 at 5:09 pm

I chose "In Da Club", not the best song, certainly, but the one most representative of the decade's overall feel. "Material Girl" by Madonna is by far the song most representative of the ethos of the '80s.

Written By: whistledog on 02/22/06 at 5:10 pm

I voted other for "Call on Me" by Eric Prydz.  Not only was it a world-wide hit, but the music video inspired a new kind of fitness craze

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/22/06 at 5:15 pm

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 02/22/06 at 7:18 pm

As of right now I'd have to say "Boulevard of Broken Dreams".

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/22/06 at 9:24 pm

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

As of right now I'd have to say "Boulevard of Broken Dreams".

As great as it is, since GD are generally considered a '90s band (however now they probably have almost equal '00s credit) I didn't choose it.  However, it does feel like a real '00s song, rather than a '90s holdover, unlike "Holiday" which is a '90s-sounding song with very '00s lyrics.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 02/23/06 at 12:35 am

As great as it is, since GD are generally considered a '90s band (however now they probably have almost equal '00s credit) I didn't choose it.  However, it does feel like a real '00s song, rather than a '90s holdover, unlike "Holiday" which is a '90s-sounding song with very '00s lyrics.

That's true. Most of Green day's songs even on there new record still sound fairly 90's but for some reason BOBD sounds very 00's to me.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/23/06 at 12:59 am

That's true. Most of Green day's songs even on there new record still sound fairly 90's but for some reason BOBD sounds very 00's to me.

People say it's going away from the '90s sound, but really only the lyrics are different.  Since '90s sound is still in vogue when it comes to rock it doesn't sound much different, except for "Boulevard" and maybe a couple others.

Written By: Trimac20 on 02/23/06 at 5:44 am

I love Greenday, but Boulevarde is SOOO overrated...

Hmm, maybe the Strokes, 'Last Nite.' Though about that song, I swear I always heard it on the radio before 2000 (about '98). When in the blazes was it actually realeased?

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/23/06 at 11:20 am

"Boulevard of Broken Dreams" stands as the single biggest rock song of the decade, except for maybe "Mr. Brightside" or "Last Nite."

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 02/23/06 at 7:39 pm

I have two favorite songs of the 2000s so far. "Unwell" by Matchbox 20, and "100 Years" by Five for Fighting.

Oh, I'll add one more "Only Time" by Enya.

Written By: rich1981 on 02/23/06 at 7:43 pm

I went with "Boulevard of Broken Dreams".

Written By: Zoso on 02/24/06 at 7:38 am

I voted for "In Da Club".

Written By: AU300ModR on 02/24/06 at 12:58 pm

i would have to say bobd simply because it was played on almost every type of radion station there is. making it my choice.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/24/06 at 2:10 pm

I voted for We Belong Together by my girl Mariah.  I love her to death and I'm so thrilled that she finally got that comeback she deserved.  She's such a phenomenal talent.

Check for new replies or respond here...