inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'm N Luv (Wit a Stripper)- T-Pain & Mike Jones

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/22/06 at 9:36 pm

Looks like it may be a future number one. How bad do you think it is? I think it's pretty bad but not as bad as something like "Grillz" and it's better than "I'm Sprung". T-Pain's voice is pretty annoying though.

Subject: Re: I'm N Luv (Wit a Stripper)- T-Pain & Mike Jones

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/23/06 at 1:27 am

Haven't heard it, but I've heard of it.  I hope it's not big  ;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/23/06 at 1:31 am

Haven't heard it, but I've heard of it.  I hope it's not big  ;D

Lol. It's number 1 everyday on the dumb radio countdown over here.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/23/06 at 1:45 am

If that song goes to #1, it will just solidify for me that most Americans have sh*tty taste in music.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/23/06 at 1:48 am

If that song goes to #1, it will just solidify for me that most Americans have sh*tty taste in music.

Does that really need to be proven?  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/23/06 at 1:49 am

Does that really need to be proven?  ;D

No, I guess not but I'm getting sick of this sh*t sitting at the top of the charts because stupid teenagers who are mainlining that crap on MTV have to go out and buy it in droves.  I just want to smack them all across the face with a copy of Zep IV.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/23/06 at 9:19 am

Is it just me, or is it that the titles for songs are getting worser and worser everday?  ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/23/06 at 3:57 pm

No, I guess not but I'm getting sick of this sh*t sitting at the top of the charts because stupid teenagers who are mainlining that crap on MTV have to go out and buy it in droves.  I just want to smack them all across the face with a copy of Zep IV.

;D ;D ;D

I only download it, because I love awful music  :D

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/23/06 at 4:03 pm

Well it's down to no.6 on the hot 100 maybe it won't hit no.1 which is good. Check On It is still at #1.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 02/23/06 at 6:11 pm

Looks like it may be a future number one. How bad do you think it is? I think it's pretty bad but not as bad as something like "Grillz" and it's better than "I'm Sprung". T-Pain's voice is pretty annoying though.

Luckilly since I usually listen to my local classic rock radio station I dont have to hear crap like this. Actually I hope these guys keep coming out with songs this dumb. All there doing is just speeding up the day when there "fans" get a mind of there own wake up and finally bring an end to this madness.

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/23/06 at 6:18 pm

People aren't really fans of this music, they just like it because the media programs them too and it makes them feel like big people when they get drunk.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 02/23/06 at 6:39 pm

People aren't really fans of this music, they just like it because the media programs them too and it makes them feel like big people when they get drunk.

Totally. And I know because I used to be one of those people. I used to "like" rap but really I just did it to fit in but by the time I was 13 I grew out of it and stopped worrying about fitting in. That's the problem the average rap fan is probably about 12 years old. :D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/23/06 at 6:43 pm

Totally. And I know because I used to be one of those people. I used to "like" rap but really I just did it to fit in but by the time I was 13 I grew out of it and stopped worrying about fitting in. That's the problem the average rap fan is probably about 12 years old. :D

There is good rap though.  Pre-1993 rap is generally pretty tight, and the underground has some good crews.  But MTV stuff? Yeah, that sucks  ;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/23/06 at 6:56 pm

I listen to a lot of rap, there are certain hip-hop songs I like (like Sunshine by Lil Flip, What's Luv by Fat Joe, Can't Deny It, Into You, and Can't Let You Go by Fabolous, a number of Eminem songs, Slow Motion by Juvenile is ok, a number of Beyonce songs, Black Eyed Peas, Kanye West, Let Me Blow Ya Mind by Eve) The list goes on and on really, I do like a lot of hip-hop. However, I listen to a lot of other stuff as well, it depends on what kind of mood I'm in. Some days I'm in a '90s pop mood and I listen to a bunch of '90s pop songs. Some days I'm in a rock mood and I listen to rock songs.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 02/23/06 at 7:03 pm

There is good rap though.  Pre-1993 rap is generally pretty tight, and the underground has some good crews.  But MTV stuff? Yeah, that sucks  ;D

Yeah the MTV stuff was more along the lines of what I was reffering to. There's good rap but I would say the average rap fan might not like the good stuff.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/23/06 at 11:40 pm

Yeah the MTV stuff was more along the lines of what I was reffering to. There's good rap but I would say the average rap fan might not like the good stuff.

I would say that there's a difference between "rap" and "hip hop".  Rap is really hip-hop inspired ghetto-electronica, hip hop is the real deal, culture and all.  A typical rap fan isn't really into B-Boying, graffiti, vinyl, etc.

Check for new replies or respond here...