inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dakota Fanning

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/24/06 at 12:24 am

Any thoughts on her future/present roles?  She's pretty talented for an 12-year-old, even though War of the Worlds totally sucked.  I've heard her be compared to Drew Barrymore, which makes a lot of sense as she's tail-end Gen Y just like Barrymore is tail-end X.

Subject: Re: Dakota Fanning

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/24/06 at 12:25 am

She'll probably become the next Drew Barrymore like you said. Since no actress other than Barrymore has made the child-adult crossover, and Drew was considered to have the possibility of becoming a serious dramatic actress, Fanning will probably go from being a serious child actress to a fluffy, fun adult actress.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/24/06 at 11:13 pm

I think Dakota is very talented...and I hope that she remains acting for many years to come.

Written By: whistledog on 02/24/06 at 11:14 pm

Dakota is very talented.  I'm honestly surprised she was not nominated for an Oscar for her work in 'I Am Sam'

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/24/06 at 11:16 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/24/06 at 11:16 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Criz on 02/25/06 at 9:52 am

Since no actress other than Barrymore has made the child-adult crossover,

What about Jodie Foster?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/25/06 at 9:53 am

What about Jodie Foster?

jodie foster is an amazing actress!

Written By: Harmonica on 02/25/06 at 1:14 pm

I fear for her.  She's a very talented actress that is overused.  I fear that she'll end up becoming the next Maculay Culkin.  Be used as the "little" girl role in every movie imaginable that has a little girl role, then once she doesn't fit the mold as a little girl, dissapear off the acting scene and not make another movie until about 8 to 12 years later. 

Written By: guest on 02/25/06 at 1:34 pm

We really haven't seen a Leo Dicaprio movie for awhile...sure he's stompin to change the environment now but does anyone care to see him in another film at this point of his life..

not that he needs to do movies either..I think he will fade into the woodwork as he has no 'character' people can relate with him compared to Tom Hanks "I'm Forrrest Gummmp"..

He is working on another Scorcese(?) project but those guys are friends and will have a place to be seen but does anyone care at this point?

Brad Pitt is hanging in there but can anyone latch on to any kind of interesting character in his work??? :P     

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 5:56 pm

I fear for her.  She's a very talented actress that is overused.  I fear that she'll end up becoming the next Maculay Culkin.  Be used as the "little" girl role in every movie imaginable that has a little girl role, then once she doesn't fit the mold as a little girl, dissapear off the acting scene and not make another movie until about 8 to 12 years later. 

Yeah I was thinking about Culkin.  I sure hope she doesn't become like him.

Written By: Webstor on 02/26/06 at 1:29 pm

could be the next Hailey Joel Osmont.....

her 15 minutes is about up.....

Written By: Criz on 02/28/06 at 6:43 am

could be the next Hailey Joel Osmont.....

her 15 minutes is about up.....

Her? Haley?? He!!!!!! :p

Check for new replies or respond here...