inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Housing Crash and the Late '06 Recession

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/24/06 at 12:45 am

I've heard mixed stuff about this. I'm pretty sure it's going to happen, based on opinions from economists who aren't working for anybody. It would be really serious-housing constructors would go bankrupt because the money they're putting into houses wouldn't be returned in the sales price, people borrowing against their houses (people are seriously in debt right now from borrowing against them) wouldn't be able to repay loans and remain seriously in debt and hurt the companies they're on loan from, hurting the banks, real estate investors would go broke...I think we're slowing down and next it's going to turn into a crash as the Fed raises interest rates. What do you people think? We're going through a housing boom on the level of the '20s right now, and that came crashing down as inflated house values in the suburbs and fringe cities plummeted in the early '30s.

Subject: Re: The Housing Crash and the Late '06 Recession

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 02/24/06 at 12:55 am

Oh it's gonna happen later this year. In addition I predict that in about October the stock market is gonna have a huge single day drop like black monday in 1987.

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/24/06 at 10:21 am

Bump...

Written By: batfan2005 on 02/24/06 at 10:30 am

Yet another deja vu of 1990. The same thing happened to the real estate market in the early 90's, when prices when down about 5% each year after the housing boom from 1985-89 when houses appreciated 15-20 percent each year (at least in Southern CA, I'm not sure about the rest of the country). Based on how we have been repeating the economic trends of the late 80's, and now the early 90's, I predict it will be similar to then.

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/02/06 at 9:14 am

BTW, I was reading the paper yesterday, and "talk of a real estate crash" is everywhere, apparently. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing for alot of people, particularly renters, and would reduce yuppification and gentrification.

Written By: TheBlackGuy.returns on 09/28/06 at 9:56 pm

housing prices are already starting to decline....

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 09/28/06 at 11:02 pm

housing prices are already starting to decline....

Yay! I'm glad to see you back =D

Check for new replies or respond here...