inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What Will Happen to '90s/'00s Celebs?

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/24/06 at 1:19 am

Predictions, anybody? Make em' good.

Subject: Re: What Will Happen to '90s/'00s Celebs?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/24/06 at 1:41 am

Britney Spears - new album will sell a million or two, but will be a relative flop
Eminem - will fade into total obscurity
Jake Gyllenhaal - will become the next Brad Pitt
Jennifer Aniston - will fade into obscurity
George Bush - will become the butt of jokes for many decades
50 Cent - will have another album in '08, then never come back

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/24/06 at 1:46 am

D4L- one hit wonder
Pussycat Dolls- will fade by late '00s
George W.-will be remember as a failure
Gwen Stefani- releases a moderately sucessful no doubt album
Britney- Her album will probably not do that well

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/24/06 at 10:20 am

Britney-Becomes massively fat, 5 children, sheltered from public eye, then spearheads weight-loss thing by the time she reaches 40 in the 2020s a la Kirstie Alley and WeightWatchers, appealing to aging Gen Yers.

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 02/24/06 at 4:03 pm

britney divoreces k-fed
whitney houston will be dead by od'ed (look at her now)
bush will be a but of jokes
jennifer antston will fade away
tomkat brakes up (we all know that tom cruse is gay)

that's what will happen

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/24/06 at 5:15 pm

Kanye West-People lose interest in his ego, he becomes a nut busy trying to blame the US gov for AIDS in Africa or something such. Marries a woman 20 years older than him.
Beyonce Knowles-Remains fairly successful celebrity through end of 2000s.
Simon Cowell and the American Idol People-American Idol cancelled by 2010/2011 or so, participate in series of bestselling exposes on American Idol and go on Oprah Winfrey.
Mariah Carey-Marries random guy, ages fairly well.
Will Ferrell-Ages badly, develops strange disease he raises money for.
Gwyneth Paltrow-Divorces Coldplay frontman and takes up with the head of a major Hollywood studio, people having realized her lack of talent. Goes to weird mystical retreats.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 03/04/06 at 7:49 pm

Jeff Gordon, seeing his hopes fade away for ever matching Dale Earnhardt's(RIP) 7 championships, will give it up and retire in 2010...
Rick Hendrick will wise up and FIRE Jimmie Johnson's CHEATING crew chief, Chad Knaus...
Both Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Carl Edwards will get their first championships, in 2007(Dale Jr.) and 2008(Edwards)...
President G.W. Bush will face possible impeachment...

Written By: KKay on 03/04/06 at 8:16 pm

They will go to the Old Age Home for Actors with no Reality Show to Fall Back On

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/04/06 at 9:29 pm

I think arcane trash like Nicole Richie, Nick Lachey, Jessica Simpson will all get either horribly anorexic or horribly fat and end up hosting infomercials and beauty pageants.

Written By: guest on 03/05/06 at 5:09 pm

Upcoming Time magazine has interview with Macauleey Culkin saying he's questioning what acting has in store for him...I heard he's in an upcomingmovie 'Junior'  but he talks about being outof work...There are THOUSANDS who don't even come close to a movie, so he could N0T be in the lead for nonworking actors..oh of course, he did the movie SAVED maybe not enough to make money off of but...

Hope he takes a hint from the late JACK WILD who thought cigarettes help do him in...
Mac was said to be smoking nonstop and just seconds before walking in to the church altar for his last wedding...WORK ON THAT!!!!

Written By: Electric Youth on 03/05/06 at 5:25 pm

Ashley Tisdale will be typecasted for playing a teenager on "The Suite Life", which would be canned by 2007/early 2008 and appear on bad sitcoms that only last a few episodes on Fox, NBC, CBS, and ABC.

As for her music career, her voice improve...but her fans would grow out of her and still think of her as a  bubblegum pop singer.

More likely bad direct to DVD movies or cheesy tv shows like Pam Anderson.

...or get chubby and embarass her teenage son like Tiffany  ::)  :P

Written By: Electric Youth on 03/05/06 at 5:29 pm

Zac Efron might end up like Johnny Depp since he reminds me of those actors that appeal to both young girls and older women that allow their daughters to date him...

About the last post, I think I meant Ashlee Simpson since Ashley Tisdale could still act, even when nolonger taken seriously by the time she's considered "too old" for Disney Channel.

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/06/06 at 4:41 am

Honestly I couldn't care, though most celebrities have overstayed their 15 minutes of fame . Britney Spears is already past her prime (at only 20something)...that is, her prime as a performer. I think she'll take Kirsty Alley's place as the face of Jenny Craig. Though I hope her husband screws her of her fortune and then ditches her.  :D

Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan...none of them are the least bit 'respected' (maybe Jessica is a little) and they will fade into obscurity.

As for groups like the 'Pussy-Cat Dolls' - give 'em maybe another year. No, in fact I think they are nothing but a one-hit wonder. George Bush used to be scary (not him as such, but because he could very well could have caused Armageddon), but now he's just funny.

That's my 2cents worth.

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/06/06 at 6:31 am

Honestly I couldn't care, though most celebrities have overstayed their 15 minutes of fame . Britney Spears is already past her prime (at only 20something)...that is, her prime as a performer. I think she'll take Kirsty Alley's place as the face of Jenny Craig. Though I hope her husband screws her of her fortune and then ditches her.  :D

Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan...none of them are the least bit 'respected' (maybe Jessica is a little) and they will fade into obscurity.

As for groups like the 'Pussy-Cat Dolls' - give 'em maybe another year. No, in fact I think they are nothing but a one-hit wonder. George Bush used to be scary (not him as such, but because he could very well could have caused Armageddon), but now he's just funny.

That's my 2cents worth.

I agree with that, I think Lindsay Lohan will leave her career in the early 2010s maybe or fade into obscurity through them, people will get sick of Paris Hilton and she'll repeatedly end up in rehab over the next few years (then she'll get overexposed and people won't care anymore), and Jessica Simpson will just age out of stardom. I think we ALL agree Britney will end up as the new face of Jenny Craig.... ;D....I mean, God, when was the last time anybody even cared about her music???

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 03/07/06 at 7:58 pm

Barry Bonds will end up with prostate cancer due to his abuse of steroids. Way to go, Barry!(sarcasm here)

And Terrell Owens(aka Mr. Big Stuff) will get kicked off yet another NFL team!

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/07/06 at 8:26 pm

I think some musical artists like Liz Phair, Tori Amos, Pavement, Faith No More, Michael Stipe will have big comebacks c. 2012-2019. Some of these people have been releasing CDs, they just haven't been successful.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/30/16 at 1:33 pm

britney divoreces k-fed
whitney houston will be dead by od'ed (look at her now)
bush will be a but of jokes
jennifer antston will fade away
tomkat brakes up (we all know that tom cruse is gay)

that's what will happen

Ten years later, and all of these are correct (besides Tom Cruise being gay), wow. It's really interesting to check these old threads sometimes.

Written By: #Infinity on 08/30/16 at 1:59 pm

Ten years later, and all of these are correct (besides Tom Cruise being gay), wow. It's really interesting to check these old threads sometimes.

Jennifer Aniston definitely hasn't faded into obscurity yet. Her body has aged excellently and she's continued to earn significant roles in heavily promoted movies. You also still hear plenty about her through celebrity news.

In addition, I don't think George W Bush is the butt of jokes anymore, certainly not the way he already was when Matt the Rat76 made his predictions. If anything, George W. Bush is sadly starting to look like an almost respectable figure when you compare him to Donald Trump.

Written By: mqg96 on 08/30/16 at 2:07 pm

Jennifer Aniston definitely hasn't faded into obscurity yet. Her body has aged excellently and she's continued to earn significant roles in heavily promoted movies. You also still hear plenty about her through celebrity news.

In addition, I don't think George W Bush is the butt of jokes anymore, certainly not the way he already was when Matt the Rat76 made his predictions. If anything, George W. Bush is sadly starting to look like an almost respectable figure when you compare him to Donald Trump.

Jennifer Aniston AND Jennifer Lopez both born in the same year lol (1969) and still look good!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/30/16 at 2:15 pm

As much as I said that Donald Trump is an irrespective businessman and politician, he should'be think of what he has done to this country for his entire life. Especially when he thinks everyone should believe him and not think for themselves.

Written By: Howard on 08/30/16 at 3:02 pm

Jennifer Aniston AND Jennifer Lopez both born in the same year lol (1969) and still look good!

I agree, they look amazing.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/30/16 at 10:08 pm

Huh, well, I guess I'm wrong then. I haven't heard about Jennifer Aniston in a while, so I guess I was going on personal experience, same with the George W. Bush thing. My dad liked (so I usually heard good things about him) George W. Bush back then, and anytime he is mentioned now, the people I talk to usually make fun of him.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/31/16 at 12:21 am

Predictions, anybody? Make em' good.
End up on Celebrity Big Brother!

Written By: 2001 on 08/31/16 at 11:51 am

End up on Celebrity Big Brother!

I watched the US vs. UK one with Farrah Abraham last summer.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/31/16 at 12:39 pm

Britney Spears will have an album out in 2008 called Circus, and an album in 2011 called Femme Fatale.  ;D  They will be hits!

Check for new replies or respond here...