inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Such Great Heights - The Postal Service

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 12:58 am

Talk about a good 21st Century synth pop song.  Everything does look perfect from far away.

Subject: Re: Such Great Heights - The Postal Service

Written By: gmann on 02/25/06 at 9:56 am

Talk about a good 21st Century synth pop song.   Everything does look perfect from far away.

Good song. I once had a co-worker that raved about the Postal Service so much, I finally went out and got the album to hear for myself. Donnie, everything *does* look perfect from far away, both literally and figuratively. I'm finding that out more and more these days...

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 6:00 pm

Good song. I once had a co-worker that raved about the Postal Service so much, I finally went out and got the album to hear for myself. Donnie, everything *does* look perfect from far away, both literally and figuratively. I'm finding that out more and more these days...

Would you call them a synth pop outfit?  I know they don't like saying they sound eighties, but I mean for God's sake, listen to the keyboard sounds!

Written By: Apricot on 02/25/06 at 9:07 pm

Would you call them a synth pop outfit?  I know they don't like saying they sound eighties, but I mean for God's sake, listen to the keyboard sounds!

They try to sound vaguely 80s-ish. That's the common factor in most EMO.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 10:17 pm

They try to sound vaguely 80s-ish. That's the common factor in most EMO.

I don't know if Postal Service are emo.  Emo kids would probably like them, and they do have a thing for the eighties, but when I think emo I think more along the lines of Blink-182 influenced power pop.

Written By: Stompgal on 02/27/06 at 7:42 am

I quite like the postal service here in the UK, especially when my dad asks me to wait for his exam papers he has to mark or if I've ordered or won something.

Check for new replies or respond here...