inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is the hand-clap the '00s' hollow snare?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 2:38 am

It seems like every '80s pop song had a hollowey snare.  A lot of '00s song kind of have a half-a**ed drum machine hand clap.  Think a 2005 50 Cent single. 

Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Subject: Re: Is the hand-clap the '00s' hollow snare?

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/25/06 at 2:42 am

It seems like every '80s pop song had a hollowey snare.  A lot of '00s song kind of have a half-a**ed drum machine hand clap.  Think a 2005 50 Cent single. 

Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Like in "In Da Club"?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 2:44 am

Like in "In Da Club"?

Yeah, exactly.  You know, kick, clap, kick clap, kick kick kick clap clap.  The thing that sounds like a processed hand clap, mostly on rap songs but also on pop/R&B songs too sometimes.

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/25/06 at 2:48 am

Yeah, exactly.  You know, kick, clap, kick clap, kick kick kick clap clap.  The thing that sounds like a processed hand clap, mostly on rap songs but also on pop/R&B songs too sometimes.

Yea it's definitely quite common in a lot of hip-hop songs. It's in "Don't Cha" too and "There It Go". Yea it's quite common.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 2:49 am

Yea it's definitely quite common in a lot of hip-hop songs. It's in "Don't Cha" too and "There It Go". Yea it's quite common.

The kick drums, too, you know the bassy ones, are also kind of generic and even cheesy.

Would you say the "crunk clap" will be considered to be cheesy in say the 2010s and 2020s?

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/25/06 at 2:50 am

The kick drums, too, you know the bassy ones, are also kind of generic and even cheesy.

Would you say the "crunk clap" will be considered to be cheesy in say the 2010s and 2020s?

I would think so, but who knows.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 2:51 am

I would think so, but who knows.

Yeah.  People might not even note it.  But I note it, it's in like every song  ;D

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/25/06 at 10:23 am

Yeah, probably. Also, almost every soft-rock song sounds the same...they have a similar beat to them, that'll be considered pretty cheesy in the '10s, probably.

Check for new replies or respond here...