inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Worlds Wildest Police videos

Written By: Carl on 02/25/06 at 9:43 am

You ever notice (well, I'm sure most of you do) the sound effects and other editing that goes into this show? Reality? Hardly, and I think the show is crap, and should be cancelled. But I know it will probably go on for another four years.

The 'host' Sheriff John Bunnell, didn't he do a cameo in the movie 'Bad Santa'?

Subject: Re: Worlds Wildest Police videos

Written By: Mushroom on 02/25/06 at 9:55 am

You ever notice (well, I'm sure most of you do) the sound effects and other editing that goes into this show? Reality? Hardly, and I think the show is crap, and should be cancelled. But I know it will probably go on for another four years.

Uhhh, it has been cancelled.

WWPC ran from 1998-2002.  The only shows you are seeing are old reruns.

The voice-overs during the show are done by other people, because it would be to hard to arrange royalties and permissions from all of the people who really did them during the actual chase.  For the most part, they are almost identicle to the original voices during the broadcast.  I know that at least one of the voice-over actos used is a helicopter pilot and newsman for a Los Angeles TV Station.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0155394/

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 02/25/06 at 11:04 am

Not just that, but I hate those segueways between clips where John Bunnell is doing his self-righteous narration while in the background they have this fake crime scene where there's these actors in police uniforms acting like they're busting someone.
The 'host' Sheriff John Bunnell, didn't he do a cameo in the movie 'Bad Santa'?
Is it just me, or does this guy spend so much time in the tanning booth that he makes George Hamilton look like a goth?

All in all, this show smells of propaganda to me. Just for once, I'd like to see a show called "World's Stupidest Police Videos: When Criminals Get Away," or "When Cops Screw Up."

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 02/25/06 at 11:13 am

We get those shows in the UK too, I love watching the car chases when they eventually catch up with the thieves/car jackers whoever, and the cops drag the morons from the car is just hilarious - in this country they have to be all polite and such, Goddddd I wish they could just grab 'em and give them a good dealing with.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/25/06 at 11:24 am

Is it just me, or does this guy spend so much time in the tanning booth that he makes George Hamilton look like a goth?

Lol, not just you, I noticed that too.

All in all, this show smells of propaganda to me. Just for once, I'd like to see a show called "World's Stupidest Police Videos: When Criminals Get Away," or "When Cops Screw Up."

That would be funny too. I saw footage about 3-4 months ago of a high speed chase where the criminal made a hard right turn. The cop didn't and drove through a cinder-block wall into a store.

The bad thing is though is that when cops screw up it usually results in getting themselves or someone else killed.

Not sure if it was WWPV but I've seen countless very ugly and reckless PIT maneuvers done on TV. One was done on a crowded freeway at high speed that resulted in 3 cars being totalled. Just because 'no one got hurt' doesn't make it 'textbook perfect'.

Written By: Carl on 02/25/06 at 11:52 am

Not sure if it was WWPV but I've seen countless very ugly and reckless PIT maneuvers done on TV. One was done on a crowded freeway at high speed that resulted in 3 cars being totalled. Just because 'no one got hurt' doesn't make it 'textbook perfect'.

Couldn't agree with you more!

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 02/26/06 at 11:39 am

Speaking of PIT maneuvers, here's a link (which I also posted a year or so back) to a clip of one of my all-time favorite police chase videos ever. The dude in the Mustang is a badass!

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=mustangspin.wmv

Check for new replies or respond here...