inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How To Play Spot The Flannel

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/28/06 at 2:34 pm

Flannel is generally considered a '90s thing, but occasionally you'll still see people wearing it.

Here's how to play:

1. Old People Don't Count

Old people have been wearing flannel since the beginning of days, or at least since the beginning of lumberjacks and Scottish people.  Don't count them.

2. Little Kids DO Count

So many 6-year-old boys wore flannel in the '90s.  Any that still do count.

3. Play In A Politically Neutral Region

Don't play Spot The Flannel in Slacker City, or in a Christian conservative colony.  Those places are naturally full of flannel.

Subject: Re: How To Play Spot The Flannel

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 02/28/06 at 4:21 pm

Dont be surprised if you see me wearing flannel. I wear it quite often mostly because its cheap and I dont have much money. But it's surpirisng that you really dont see that many people wearing it these days.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/28/06 at 4:24 pm

Dont be surprised if you see me wearing flannel. I wear it quite often mostly because its cheap and I dont have much money. But it's surpirisng that you really dont see that many people wearing it these days.

You don't really.  That's why people associate it with the nineties; tattoos and body piercings are associated with the '90s and '00s since they'll still relatively "trendy".

Written By: sonikuu on 02/28/06 at 4:34 pm

I also wear flannel occasionally.  I personally think it looks really good when it's pulled off right.  Believe it or not, but I've actually been told by kids at school that I actually look pretty good in a flannel shirt.  I wear dark colored (blue/blackish) normal flannel shirts,  I hate the hooded ones as they're really ugly.  All in all, about five or six kids at school wear flannel, which is pretty good considering I live in Arizona.  Of course, its a winter only attire so I'll be putting it away soon.

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/28/06 at 5:28 pm

I used to wear flannel everyday until about 2001 or 2002, then I started wearing a hoodie or just a T-shirt. I got criticized too much...I know that sounds weak of me. I'm hoping I can dig all of my old flannel shirts out of the closet for the 2010s '90s revival. IMO, body piercings haven't disappeared, but they are much more of a cool "fringey", weird person thing to do now than they were until 2002 or so. I remember they were everywhere on everybody in the late '90s...you see chin piercings and tongue piercings much less than you used to.

Check for new replies or respond here...