inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Veronicas

Written By: livinonthe80s on 03/03/06 at 2:33 am

They rock!!!  4ever is a cool upbeat song and their new Valentine's Day release, "The Secret Life of..." kicks ass!!!  These twin sisters kinda reminds you of Debbie Gibson.  Check these chicks out at http://www.theveronicas.com/

Subject: Re: The Veronicas

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/03/06 at 3:33 am

If I hear that song one more on the radio I'll...I'll...anyway,

Yeah they're pretty *cough* hot, but you know...a passing fad.

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 03/03/06 at 3:57 am

I like "4ever," but I think that's because The Veronicas really don't get very much airplay in the USA. I'm not sure I'd like it if it were played in heavy rotation.

Written By: Electric Youth on 03/03/06 at 1:19 pm

Never heard, though I'll listen to their music...

Are they like The Donnas of Aly & AJ ?

If the Donnas...  8)

If the latter...  :P

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 03/03/06 at 7:29 pm

Never heard, though I'll listen to their music...

Are they like The Donnas of Aly & AJ ?

If the Donnas...  8)

If the latter...  :P

Yeah, I think the Donnas are a fair comparison.

Written By: Andydrew on 03/08/06 at 12:04 am

here's a link to the australian version of the clip of 4ever, it's way better than the american version, lol no offence. ;D

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5977395186369356536&q=veronicas

Written By: livinonthe80s on 03/08/06 at 12:49 am

Read 2 reviews about their album and it is both positive remarks.  One of the reviews came from the NY Times.  They definitely rock and their music is refreshing to me.

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/08/06 at 1:04 am

I've heard of them, I like "4ever".

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/08/06 at 8:18 am

The problem is, that any artist that gains exposure on Top 40 radio is automatically seen as 'ultra-mainstream' and therefore 'lame.' Though I don't know if you could compare the Veronicas to say, Ashlee Simpson. Do they even write their own songs? I have no idea, don't really know much about them, though I live here in Australia.

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/10/06 at 1:17 am

Maybe they have a career on Neighbours or Home on Away lined up already?

Written By: livinonthe80s on 03/10/06 at 2:04 am

They collaborated on majority of the songs on the album, but many of the top artists don't write their own songs.  With American Idol being sooo popular, fans don't really care if they do or don't.  It is all about their singing and looks.  Kelly Clarkson only help out with 8 songs on her 2 albums while Clay Aiken didn't even write any of his.  I still enjoy both singers, but I will always respect a artists that does their own music more.  That is why, Debbie Gibson was extremely talented back in the 80s at such a young age.
As far as the Veronicas, I truly enjoy their music and hope they have all the success in the world.

Written By: Andydrew on 03/16/06 at 4:38 am

I LOVE THE VERONICAS, there songs are so awsome, i have never heard songs this good, like ever, they rock so much, omg, i'm probaly gonna go to one of their concerts. And the best part about them, is......they come from OZ, where i live. Check out hteir site www.theveronicas.com

I LOVE THE VERONICAS SOOO MUCH.

Check for new replies or respond here...