inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is the world moving too fast for you?

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/07/06 at 5:06 am

I think we are indeed living in the most exciting period of history, not only for what is going on, but the rate of change. I would hate the live in the ancient world, where nothing really changed for centuries or even millenia. For instance, in Ancient Egypt 2500 BC would be more similar to 2300 BC, than 1990 is to 2000; that is pretty hard to believe. But, how many of you would like to freeze time at say 2001, or this year, for maybe ten years? Or are you one of those change-freaks who can't wait for the next 5-minute trend? I spose this is in some way a measure of your conservatism...I wished the 60s were stretched into the 70s and 80s, though I wish this decade would kind of speed up. It's not a true, 'World of the future' and hence a little boring.

Subject: Re: Is the world moving too fast for you?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/07/06 at 12:24 pm

No, I live for danger.  I love bad news  ;D

Seriously, though, I think these are exciting times (although I can't say good times) in terms of politics and world events, but as far as pop culture I'd say we are stuck in 2001 or 2002, more or less.  But I'd rather live now than in 1000 B.C. or even 1900 A.D.

Written By: La Roche on 03/07/06 at 12:45 pm

I'm constantly looking ahead, I seriously live 10 years in the future in terms of what I do.. always thinking about the possible effects etc.

It's moving fast and in some ways I'd like to just say "Stop, I wanna get off" but it's also exciting. Ya gotta take the good with the bad ya know.

Written By: livinonthe80s on 03/08/06 at 3:54 am

Nah, I'm just moving slow... ;D

Subject: Is the world moving too fast for you?

Written By: Dude111 on 03/07/18 at 4:10 pm

Doesnt time seem to be moving QUITE FAST now????

It just seems like the days,etc GO BY LIKE CRAZY!!!!!!!!

Written By: Howard on 03/08/18 at 5:37 am

Dpesnmt time seem to ber moving QUITE FAST now????

It just seems like the days,etc GO BY LIKE CRAZY!!!!!!!!

and we're almost in the middle of March. :o

Check for new replies or respond here...