inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 8 simple rules

Written By: tomario on 03/08/06 at 1:32 pm

can anyone help i've been watching 8 simple rules and i want to know what happend to the john ritter character in some episodes he is there the next he has died how did he go?

:o :o :o

Subject: Re: 8 simple rules

Written By: paradisecity on 03/08/06 at 1:38 pm

John Ritter died in real life because of an on-going problem with his heart.

:\'( Hasn't that been cancelled now?

Written By: whistledog on 03/08/06 at 1:40 pm

can anyone help i've been watching 8 simple rules and i want to know what happend to the john ritter character in some episodes he is there the next he has died how did he go?

I don't remember how they said that the character was killed off, but in the episode following Ritter's death, was when James Garner was hired to play the Grandfather who comes to live with the Hennesys

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/08/06 at 3:05 pm

I saw the episode, but it's been 2 1/2 years so I don't remember too well, but I think he had a heart attack in the supermarket or something. This show was cancelled in 2005 according to imdb.

Written By: Webstor on 03/08/06 at 6:11 pm

Yeah, they brought in James Garner as the grandfather to kind of take the role as father figure......
then they realized he wasnt quite funny enough...so they added David Spade

Written By: whistledog on 03/08/06 at 7:27 pm

I'm still quite sad they decided to cancel it.  Even after Ritter's death, I thought the show still had promise.  David Spade was very funny on the show ... the way he and James Garner razzed back and forth was great :)

Written By: Kryllith on 03/09/06 at 5:05 pm

I agree. I've always been a huge John Ritter fan, and especially loved him in Three's Company while I was growing up. I thought he was terrific in 8 Simple Rules, and wish he had had a chance to make years more, but unfortunate fate just wasn't with him, I guess. That said, I think Garner and Spade added a lot to the show and that they managed to keep the show going well despite the loss of John. Wish they'd been able to keep it running longer. :(

Written By: tomario on 03/10/06 at 5:42 am

thanks for your help i didnt realise it would be so sad.

Check for new replies or respond here...