inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Radio adverts you like and dislike

Written By: Stompgal on 03/10/06 at 7:24 am

We've discussed TV commercials, so what radio commercials do you love and loathe?

Radio commercials I like:
The DAB Digital Radio ones where a lady in a shop is doing a deal on analogue radios, she says that analogue is the new digital and two women go to a safari park
The Orange advert where the man tells a joke (What is ET short for? Because he's got little legs.)
Sheila's Wheels (also on TV)
The Coldseal Windows one with the three little pigs that was on about 8 years ago

Radio commercials I dislike:
Some of the Think Road Safety ones if they have horrible sound effects
A domestic abuse one where a man calls his wife a stupid cow and he says, "Hard? I'll give you hard!" in the background and a couple next door ignores it and discuss what's on TV. at least a male voiceover says, "Call the police on 999."

Subject: Re: Radio adverts you like and dislike

Written By: gmann on 03/10/06 at 12:10 pm

Can't think of any I hate, but I do have one I like. A couple of years ago, Mitsubushi had a series of ads featuring the same gravelly-voiced guy that did the radio/tv campaigns for Greyhound at the time. In these ads, he was on the phone with a competing auto manufacturer or dealer. Take the following, for example:

Miitsubushi guy: "How long have you been selling cars?"
Dealer: "A couple hdynsdhd years."
Miitsubushi guy: "Well, did you know about the great deal Mitsubushi Motors has now?" (explains great financing, blahblahblah...)
Dealer: "I'm gonna kick your ahdyudjd..."
Miitsubushi guy: "Get in line!"  ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/11/06 at 3:00 am

I never listen to commercial radio stations, so I wouldn't know... :)

Written By: gmann on 03/11/06 at 1:18 pm

I never listen to commercial radio stations, so I wouldn't know... :)

:o I've got the satellite radio blues again, mama.

Written By: whistledog on 03/11/06 at 1:40 pm

For those in the New York area, you might have heard ones for the Fucillo Auto Mall.  They also do TV ads as well.  Big loud mouth Billy Fucillo and his "HUUUUUUUGE" slogan.  Gets annoying after a while  ::)

Written By: Apricot on 03/12/06 at 8:41 pm

As far as I knew, there aren't any real radio ads that extend very far. So unless you live right around me, I reckon you wouldn't know any.

Plus, I don't listen to the radio much, so none stick out.

Written By: Stompgal on 04/28/06 at 4:32 am

I also like the adverts for HP Printer Carteidges. There's one where a woman is playing the violin and she plays the A flat note, but it appears to be an ink blob on the score. There are also blobs on a script in the other advert.

Check for new replies or respond here...