inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Donnie Darko (the film not the member :-))

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/13/06 at 7:56 am

I think it's probably one of the incomprehensible, psuedo-philosophical film I've ever seen. I only saw it once, mind you, and I don't intend to see it again. Apart from totally passing me by, the plot was sort of all over the place (in a bad way). Though the extra with that Donnie Darko-freak (The red-headed dude) with his shelf full of Donnie Darko DVDs, and his 'song' was kind of funny. Probably the best part of the whole DVD.

Subject: Re: Donnie Darko (the film not the member :-))

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/13/06 at 3:50 pm

It's certainty a strange film.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/13/06 at 4:36 pm

I didn't watch it for any kind of plot.

I watched it for Jake Gyllenhaal.

Written By: Ebontyne on 03/13/06 at 6:27 pm

I intend to watch it some day. I sometimes enjoy weird, relatively obscure cult films. They can be a nice break from typical Hollywood fodder if you're in the right mood for them, and I often find their flaws completely endearing. Mind you, Donnie Darko isn't really too obscure a film, especially since Gyllenhaal's career has really taken off since then. But someday people will probably forget about it and it will show up late at night on television, to be watched by night-hawks like myself looking for weirdness. Like Wizards -- the violent 1976 animated fantasy movie I watched on TV over the weekend. Only film I know of to combine elves and faeries with stock footage of the Nazi period. Weird stuff.

Anyway, sorry to digress from your topic.  ;) I look forward to Donnie Darko, though obviously I won't know for sure if I'll like it until I see it. :)

Written By: gmann on 03/14/06 at 11:43 am

I rented "Donnie Darko" several months back for a late night flick. While it was a little hard to follow at times, I was happy with the overall experience. The director and production team created a one-of-a-kind atmoshpere backed by a great soundtrack. It's about time  someone used Echo and The Bunnymen as an opener.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...