inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: No more Chef on South Park?

Written By: Dukefan on 03/14/06 at 7:36 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,187756,00.html

Apparently Isaac Hayes, who does the voice of Chef, didn't like how the show mocked his religion in a previous episode.

Subject: Re: No more Chef on South Park

Written By: Daveyd989 on 03/14/06 at 7:40 pm

ya i heard about this i wonder what their going to do about his character I guess they could kill him off You killed chef, you basterd. ;D

Subject: Re: No more Chef on South Park?

Written By: Electric Youth on 03/14/06 at 8:01 pm

He (or his character Chef) hadn't appeared on the show for a few seasons, which I thought he already left.

Written By: KKay on 03/14/06 at 9:22 pm

I am concerned...he's so popular.  I dig him. Who's gonna bring on the soul?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/14/06 at 11:33 pm

Issac Hayes is such a f*cking hypocrite.  South Park makes fun of every race, color, creed and sexual orientation under the sun and that's okay with him but the minute they lampoon Scientology, the cult he belongs to, suddenly that's verboten and he's got to go.  I love how he got all pissy that they'd make fun of something he belongs to, but everyone else is fair game.  The secret to comedy is being able to laugh at yourself before you laugh at others; apparently he didn't get that memo.

Issac Hayes, you suck.

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/15/06 at 8:41 am

Is this the Isaac Hayes who did the soundtrack for 'Shaft' (pbly stupid question)...have to say I love that album (not so much the movie, which I found really boring, but anyway)...never really liked South Park that much. Sure it was stupid escapism in the beavis and butthead tradition, but it seems deliberately disasteful and so damn juvenile. Chef was one of my least favourite characters.

Written By: Schillingfan on 03/15/06 at 12:24 pm

Man I love the Chef character!

Too bad Issac's leaving...  :\'(

Written By: Lazy Jessica on 03/15/06 at 2:04 pm

Is this the Isaac Hayes who did the soundtrack for 'Shaft' (pbly stupid question)..

It's not a stupid question and yes it is him. :)

I've lost all respect for him as a person when this came out. Big fat hairy deal....they're making fun of another religion. No need to get your panties in a twist over it, Mr. Hayes.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/15/06 at 4:28 pm

Good.  That way South Park won't become the next Simpsons and last half a century  :P

Written By: nikki89 on 03/15/06 at 7:39 pm

I hate this news because I loved the character Chef and liked Issac for it. Now I just can't have respect for him for his hypocrasy. HELLO, it's SOUTH PARK! You know what you're getting into. They make fun of every other religion, which he didn't seem to mind; but as soon as they make fun of his, which was inevitable considering, he all of a sudden can't take it? That, my friends, is hypocrasy.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/15/06 at 7:42 pm

Who's going to feed those poor kids?

No more chocolate salty balls.  :(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/15/06 at 8:04 pm

Man I love the Chef character!

Too bad Issac's leaving...  :\'(

I agree....

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/20/06 at 10:26 am

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,188463,00.html

It gets a little more mysterious.  The "church" may have quit for him it sounds like.

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/20/06 at 5:54 pm

That episode isn't even being aired because Tom Cruise was going to refuse to promote his upcoming Paramount movie if it were aired, and Comedy is owned by Viacom, as is Paramount. I think the Scientologists have entirely too much power and we should do what the French and Germans did, which is proclaim them a cult...they're still a cult even though the rich and famous belong to them, people!

Written By: Schillingfan on 03/20/06 at 6:27 pm

That episode isn't even being aired because Tom Cruise was going to refuse to promote his upcoming Paramount movie if it were aired, and Comedy is owned by Viacom, as is Paramount. I think the Scientologists have entirely too much power and we should do what the French and Germans did, which is proclaim them a cult...they're still a cult even though the rich and famous belong to them, people!

Tom Cruise should grow up. He isn't gonna be able to get it yanked intirely...I think it's on YouTube... so anyone's gonna be able to see it somehow!

Written By: sonikuu on 03/20/06 at 6:54 pm

This matter just shows how much Scientology sucks.  At least Matt and Trey had an awesome release statement on the matter.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5286835

There's their release statement.  Extremely short, but awesome.

Written By: loki 13 on 03/20/06 at 7:22 pm

Do any of these half-witted celeberties realize that this so called
religion was created by a science-fiction writer? Hayes is just showing
how big a hypocrite he is and I can't believe any one would listen
to that dim-wit Cruise.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/20/06 at 11:31 pm

Chef was one of my favorite characters too.  But even though he's quitting (and for a STUPID reason!)  at least we've got the best from him: Chocolate Salty Balls, Are you there God? It's me, Jesus, and the Succubus episode

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/21/06 at 6:31 pm

He is back, sort of....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4829350.stm

Check for new replies or respond here...