inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Collage To Represent the '00s

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/17/06 at 12:36 am

Subject: Re: Collage To Represent the '00s

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/17/06 at 12:37 am

Here it is:

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/17/06 at 12:49 am

I like it. Linkin Park, 50 Cent, American Idol, Eminem, South Park, Spider-Man, Blackeyed peas, Nickelback, Fallout Boy, Y2k, 9/11,  bling bling, Dave Chappelle, Paris Hilton, System of a Down, Spongebob, Tony Blair, Bush, Harry Potter, Britnet Spears.. it's all very 00s indeed.

Other things you could add:

Girl's belts with phrases on them like "Foxy"

Ipods

MySpace

Lord of the Rings

Spinners

SUVs

Green Day(specifically "American Idiot")

Something to do with Hurricane Katrina

Grand Theft Auto

Jon Stewart

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/17/06 at 12:51 am

I like it. Linkin Park, 50 Cent, American Idol, Eminem, South Park, Spider-Man, Blackeyed peas, Nickelback, Fallout Boy, Y2k, 9/11,  bling bling, Dave Chappelle, Paris Hilton, System of a Down, Spongebob, Tony Blair, Bush, Harry Potter, Britnet Spears.. it's all very 00s indeed.

Other things you could add:

Girl's belts with phrases on them like "Foxy"

Ipods

MySpace

Lord of the Rings

Spinners

SUVs

Green Day(specifically "American Idiot")

Something to do with Hurricane Katrina

Grand Theft Auto

Jon Stewart

Do you get the "I Heart" reference?

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/17/06 at 12:54 am

Yup. "I Heart" has become trendy in the 00s.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/17/06 at 12:57 am

The only ones I don't get are the teeth, and why you included Donnie Darko.  It's a good movie and has somewhat of a cult following, but I'm not sure it has the cultural value for this time period to justify it being in the collage, you know?

I think Lord of the Rings or Garden State might be more "00s".  Donnie Darko isn't really a film I identify with the 00s pop culture.

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/17/06 at 12:59 am

The only ones I don't get are the teeth, and why you included Donnie Darko.  It's a good movie and has somewhat of a cult following, but I'm not sure it has the cultural value for this time period to justify it being in the collage, you know?

I think Lord of the Rings or Garden State might be more "00s".  Donnie Darko isn't really a film I identify with the 00s pop culture.

Those are grillz, they're a big part of the hip-hop culture, that's why they're there. Don't know about Donnie Darko though.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/17/06 at 1:15 am

DD was kind of a joke.  Actually I was thinking about Garden State, but come on I had to do some self-worship  ;D

The '80s and '90s one are coming next week.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 03/18/06 at 5:47 pm

Since I don't really have a way to make an 00's collage, here's what would be on here if I could make one...

WTC before the 9/11 attacks that destroyed those twin towers

Tony Stewart with either the 2002 Winston Cup trophy or the 2005 Nextel Cup trophy

an IPod Nano

Martha Stewart in prison garb

PSP and Nintendo DS

Carl Edwards and his #99 Roush Racing Ford Fusion...and oh yeah, his pic from the cover of ESPN Magazine

Danica Patrick

Ozzie Guillen(spelling?)and the 2005 White Sox

Ben Roethlisberger

An Airbus A380

Sago mine survivors

Satellite image of Hurricane Katrina as well as pictures of those who survived the hurricane

Simon Cowell

Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Written By: Satish on 03/18/06 at 6:09 pm

That's a very nice collage, Donnie. I'm impressed!

I was just wondering, what's that picture in the top right hand corner?

Check for new replies or respond here...