inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My spaces current popularity and future popularity

Written By: 90sto2000sfanrob on 03/17/06 at 4:10 am

What do people think about my space?. I don't have one at the moment but all my friends do. I had one but I got bored with it and deleted it. This site is pretty popular at the time. In fact I think about 85 percent of people under 30 who use the internet have one or definitely know someone who has one. What do people think about my space? Do you think it will last 5 years or will it become obsolete? I think someone will create something new and more effecient in the near future but it isn't going anywhere anytime soon.The site has too many people on it. When I had one I would constantly encounter problems. It's a good site. It's so new but it's one of those things that just took off.

It's like a worldwide sensation and it's barely three years old lol. What do people think? Will we use my space in ten years, or will it be one of those things we look back at?

Subject: Re: My spaces current popularity and future popularity

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/17/06 at 4:29 am

I don't know why everyone is so obsessed with it...I got my own myspace about a month ago, and maybe visited it like twice. Pretty much a waste of space.

Written By: 90sto2000sfanrob on 03/17/06 at 4:56 am

I don't really like it either. It's basically a way of seeing people I don't want to see from High Schoo that I could usually ignorel. I miss High School very much but many kids I associated with in High School are pricks. I now have the ability to ignore them but with my space they will message me and want to be on my list. I think it will last throughout this decade until people get bored and security issues kick in. It's barely 3 years old and it's basically brand new. I give it until 2011.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/17/06 at 9:12 am

I have a myspace account, which I bearly use.  My guess is that by 2009, the popularity of it will go down.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/17/06 at 11:15 am

Yeah i've got an account to but its been months since i've even been to the site. Not my favorite place to go online. I'll say early 2010's it'll be a thing of the past.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/17/06 at 11:18 am

My band has a MySpace, but yeah I think it's overrated.

It's also an extremely dangerous site for kids.

Written By: whistledog on 03/17/06 at 11:18 am

I have a MySpace and I love it.  The only thing I don't like is all of the errors that you get.

MySpace has increased in popularity in the last little while ... Late Night talk show host Carson Daly got himself a MySpace and wanted to get like a billion buddies, so he promoted his MySpace page on his show like every night.

http://www.myspace.com/carson_daly

I made a comment in his blog advertising inthe00s ;D

Written By: paradisecity on 03/17/06 at 12:16 pm

I only made one up because my friend was bugging me to do one.

I never used it and deleted it within the same week of making it. I love LJ too much to use MySpace.

Written By: Jessica on 03/17/06 at 2:16 pm

I have one to:

1. Find my old friends/classmates
2. Blog
3. Keep in touch with my coworkers from my last job

Check for new replies or respond here...