inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tired Jokes

Written By: Apricot on 03/17/06 at 10:54 am

You ever notice how people never let anything go? I mean, after Dick Cheney shot that guy, how many jokes did we have to hear about that? And how many are STILL happening? It just never ends.

My whole life has been a flood of the same jokes for years on end... I'm wondering how long ago the Paris Hilton sex tape was, especially considering I still hear a "Oh, that Paris Hilton.. she's a whore!" joke every week or so, a Dick Cheney joke every 2 days or so...

Have you noticed that people never just STOP making tired jokes?

(By the way, this is in no way a stab at any thread or anything, it's just that I've been hearing these jokes all my life, and the Paris Hilton thread really reminded me of it)

Subject: Re: Tired Jokes

Written By: whistledog on 03/17/06 at 10:56 am

the jokes do get old after a while.  Commedians and late night hosts still do jokes about Michael Jackson  ::)

Written By: Apricot on 03/17/06 at 10:58 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 03/17/06 at 11:24 am

Yeah. I can understand, like, if he's in the news for something big, but it seems like they just FIND crap about him so they can make another joke. Or, they just make the joke, news or not.

I bet it's cause they run out of new jokes to tell, so they recycle old ones.  They even still do Scott Peterson jokes, George Michael bathroom jokes and O.J. Simpson jokes  ::)

Written By: Tia on 03/17/06 at 11:33 am

I like it when people bring up paris hilton because then I can bring up kim richards.

Written By: sonikuu on 03/17/06 at 3:18 pm

Yeah, some jokes get really old after a while.  What sucks is when they're good jokes, but you hear them so much you get sick of them.  A perfect example of this is Dave Chappelle.  The sheer amount of Rick James jokes quickly went from being funny to just being torture.  Napoleon Dynamite is another perfect example.  I liked the movie and thought it was really funny until everyone at my school started doing Napoleon Dynamite quotes every five minutes.  No matter what anyone says, even the best jokes can get tired and annoying.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/17/06 at 9:50 pm

Certain talk show hosts never tire of Bill Clinton-Monica jokes, Ted Kennedy-Chappaquiddick jokes, Al Gore-internet jokes, and John Kerry-and-John Edwards-are-h*mos jokes...yawn yawn yawn!
:P

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/17/06 at 9:52 pm

Certain talk show hosts never tire of Bill Clinton-Monica jokes, Ted Kennedy-Chappaquiddick jokes, Al Gore-internet jokes, and John Kerry-and-John Edwards-are-h*mos jokes...yawn yawn yawn!

Yea the Clinton jokes are way old, time to get over it, lol. "Bush is stupid" jokes will never get old because they aren't jokes, they're fact.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/17/06 at 9:54 pm

Yea the Clinton jokes are way old, time to get over it, lol. "Bush is stupid" jokes will never get old because they aren't jokes, they're fact.

They're about as funny as a three-year-old toting a loaded Colt .45!  God help us!
:o

Written By: whistledog on 03/17/06 at 9:57 pm

People should start making jokes about people who make jokes about people who are subject of jokes that are like so last year ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/17/06 at 10:03 pm

I just flew in from Chicago. Boy are my arms....

TIRED!

So there's a "tired" joke 4ya!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/17/06 at 10:09 pm

Yeah, some jokes get really old after a while.  What sucks is when they're good jokes, but you hear them so much you get sick of them.  A perfect example of this is Dave Chappelle.  The sheer amount of Rick James jokes quickly went from being funny to just being torture.  Napoleon Dynamite is another perfect example.  I liked the movie and thought it was really funny until everyone at my school started doing Napoleon Dynamite quotes every five minutes.  No matter what anyone says, even the best jokes can get tired and annoying.

YES, the Napoleon Dynamite bit got really old really quickly. I predicted that one, though.

Written By: whistledog on 03/18/06 at 1:37 am

TIRED!

OMG that's like the funniest joke I have ever heard for the 1 millionth time ;D

Why did the chicken cross the road?  To get the hell away from all these tired jokes ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/18/06 at 1:40 am

TIRED!

You hear about the guy who burned down the shoe factory?

He was a real heel!

Check for new replies or respond here...