inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Song from Ghost World

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/20/06 at 1:04 pm

http://www.transbuddha.com/mediaHolder.php?id=1409

If anyone saw the movie "Ghost World" (excellent flick), here is scene from the film that opens the movie.

I actually picked up the DVD to this movie, Gumnaam, none of the music is nearly as cool as this one.  The dance number is really funny too

here are the lyrics:

Meaning of the song...

jaan pehchaan ho..(if there would be references (contacts or knowhows))

life would be simple... (jeena asaan ho..)

dil ko churane walo, aankh na churao.. (oh you stealer of heart... dont avoid eye contact..)

naam to batao....((at least) tell your name..)

haha jaan pehchaan ho..

haaye, aaj ye shaam jawa....(oh, today this young evening..)

yun na chali jaye....(may not go away just like this (redundantly))

aaj ye shaam jawa....(today this young evening..)

fir se na aayegi ye, kisi ke bulaye... (it will not come back, by anybodys calling...)

fir se na aayegi ye, kisi ke bulaye... (it will not come back, by anybodys calling...)

yeaaahh... hooh hooh jaan pehchaan ho..

bolo ye na bolo tum... (you say this or not...)

ho gaye ishare.. (hints have been passed..)

seedhi seedhi chot lagi, dil pe hamare... (streight streight harm struck, to my heart...)

seedhi seedhi chot lagi, dil pe hamare... (streight streight harm struck, to my heart...)

yeaaaaaaaaaaaa huh huh huh huh... jaan pehchaan ho..

oh, Chup chup, dekha dekhi.. (oh, silent silent, watching, watching...)

nazren diwani... (by the mad mad eyes....)

zara si ye bat, ban jaye na kahani (this little talk, may not become a story)

haaaaye ooh ooh ah ah ah... jaan pehchaan ho...

(honks) ahahahahaha....... (more honks)

Subject: Re: Song from Ghost World

Written By: Tia on 03/20/06 at 1:37 pm

http://www.transbuddha.com/mediaHolder.php?id=1409

If anyone saw the movie "Ghost World" (excellent flick), here is scene from the film that opens the movie.

I actually picked up the DVD to this movie, Gumnaam, none of the music is nearly as cool as this one.  The dance number is really funny too

here are the lyrics:

Meaning of the song...

jaan pehchaan ho..(if there would be references (contacts or knowhows))

life would be simple... (jeena asaan ho..)

dil ko churane walo, aankh na churao.. (oh you stealer of heart... dont avoid eye contact..)

naam to batao....((at least) tell your name..)

haha jaan pehchaan ho..

haaye, aaj ye shaam jawa....(oh, today this young evening..)

aaj ye shaam jawa....(today this young evening..)

yeaaahh... hooh hooh jaan pehchaan ho..

yeaaaaaaaaaaaa huh huh huh huh... jaan pehchaan ho..

oh, Chup chup, dekha dekhi.. (oh, silent silent, watching, watching...)

nazren diwani... (by the mad mad eyes....)

haaaaye ooh ooh ah ah ah... jaan pehchaan ho...

(honks) ahahahahaha....... (more honks)

I did some ghost world quotes on the memorable movie quotes thread. ("I dunno, I just sorta like don knotts.") I worship ghost world with an almost witch-mountain-like devotion. I love the extras! they have the whole 1965 indian musical number, and a featurette. I dig how when they talk about the movie's theme they cut thora birch in so all she says is, "well, it's interesting in a way" but they don't include her followup. I'm like, thora totally didn't know what the movie was about, did she?

In the documentary terry zwigoff talks about suburban sprawl and the death of western civilization and all that. the simulated diner thing. it's very "places that no longer exist," so I'm not surprised you'd dig that movie.

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/20/06 at 1:55 pm

I did some ghost world quotes on the memorable movie quotes thread. ("I dunno, I just sorta like don knotts.") I worship ghost world with an almost witch-mountain-like devotion. I love the extras! they have the whole 1965 indian musical number, and a featurette. I dig how when they talk about the movie's theme they cut thora birch in so all she says is, "well, it's interesting in a way" but they don't include her followup. I'm like, thora totally didn't know what the movie was about, did she?

In the documentary terry zwigoff talks about suburban sprawl and the death of western civilization and all that. the simulated diner thing. it's very "places that no longer exist," so I'm not surprised you'd dig that movie.

I read the comic books ages ago (mid-90s I think), so I had to see the movie. I'm not sure if I've watched all the extras on the DVD.  I knew I had to get the original indian movie and see if there was more goodness.  It's too long to sit all the way through (and the songs aren't subtitled)

I live in the suburbs, and have my whole life, but lately I've begun to notice how out of control the sprawl is.  My town is getting especially bad.

Written By: Tia on 03/20/06 at 2:19 pm

Yeah I picked up the comic after I saw the movie. I've got another one by the same dude, very strange, it's like a coming-of-age drama but then suddenly there's a terrorist attack and everyone has to go live on a desert island. Most peculiar. Interesting though.

Here in northern Virginia the sprawl is really bad. silver spring, where I grew up, got totally re-engineered as one of these "olde towne" simulated jobs and one of the features of it is a little exhibit devoted to the old silver spring. A museum devoted to the thing torn down to build it.

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/20/06 at 5:57 pm

I loved Ghost World...it's one of my favorite movies, by far.

Check for new replies or respond here...