inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dodgeball: A true underdog story

Written By: Carl on 03/22/06 at 8:56 am

Off work today, and I just got finished watching this, I have to admit it was a very good movie. I'm a big fan of Vince Vaughn, and Ben Stiller was actually pretty good. Did he like put on a few exta pounds of muscle on for the film? Not often I see him in the role of a bully.It was hilarious to see him walking around as the owner of 'Globo Gym' pretending to be bigger than his comrade bodybuilders.The feathered hair was quite a touch! LOL! I liked the guest appearances too (Lance Armstrong, William Shatner, and Chuck Norris), pretty clever.

Subject: Re: Dodgeball: A true underdog story

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/22/06 at 9:07 am

It's a pretty funny movie.  ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/22/06 at 11:18 am

It wasn't really as funny as people made out...nor that good. Ben Stiller annoys me, thinks he's so funny...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/22/06 at 12:15 pm

I liked this movie, it was funny. Strangely enough, Ben Stiller's character in this movie closely parallels another character he played in a kid's movie from the 90's called, "Heavyweights"....he was also a crazed fitness guru and talked with the same accent and even looked very similar too.

Written By: Gis on 03/22/06 at 12:42 pm

I enjoyed it too,it's a funny film.

Written By: Daveyd989 on 03/22/06 at 3:46 pm

I love this movie. "nobody make me bleed my own blood NOBODY" ;D

Written By: nikki89 on 03/22/06 at 8:39 pm

This is a hilarious movie. When it first came out on DVD I rented it and watched it over and over.  It's very quotable and has some great cameos.

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/23/06 at 2:46 am

Not often I see (Ben Stiller) him in the role of a bully.

What do you mean by that? Ben Stiller made a name for himself by playing hilarious bully-characters. The character in 'Happy Gilmore' for instance, before he really became famous.

Well, I spose Meet the Parents was one major exception.

Written By: Carl on 03/23/06 at 7:24 am

What do you mean by that? Ben Stiller made a name for himself by playing hilarious bully-characters. The character in 'Happy Gilmore' for instance, before he really became famous.

I never saw that one, sorry. I guess I should have said I don't see a lot of Ben Stillers movies too often.

It would suprise me if they made a sequel to 'Dodgeball'

Check for new replies or respond here...