inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your role in the Post-Information Age?

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/23/06 at 3:03 am

Not talking about just your job, but role in society (or outside society) do you see yourself taking? Be imaginative (imagine a sci-fi) universe. I'll imagine myself being an adminstrator for one of the Virtual Gaming halls, being able to call all the shouts, and 'zap' people's holographic representations out of existence if they disobey the rules. I could be like a god of my own virtual Universe...ala the Matrix. Or creator of an alternate dimension.  :D

Subject: Re: Your role in the Post-Information Age?

Written By: KKay on 03/23/06 at 8:28 am

Excellent. I've done this before. Great party conversation.

I am a member of an early Gen-V Century "Art and Language" band. I make incantations, permutations of something between speech and singing. The language I use is mysterious and rich -- and I use a melange of several languages, since anyway most of the audience now speak a patois that effortlessly blends English, Spanish, Chinese and Wolog. Using on-stage computers, instant sampling techniques and long delay echo systems, I am able to build up dense clouds of colored words during performance. The audience regards me as the greatest living exponent of live abstract poetry. Samuel Beckett is a big influence.

(I stole it...but it's still my role.) :)

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/23/06 at 8:46 am

Interesting concept. I'd be cool to live in a sort of 1984-world and be the person who 'decides' what people learn and what they don't. Well, I suppose it was a bit like that working in a dictatorship or the Communist Party. You could totally re-define words, choose what words were 'swear words'.etc.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/23/06 at 9:49 am

I wouldn't mind being the one, who is in charge of the downloading music department !  ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/23/06 at 6:14 pm

I'm Thelonius Sparks, the descendant of Alex Sparks, the famous resturaunt entreprenuer.  Thanks to my great grandfather's wealth, I was able to start a commune-a virtual commune.  I am the founder and leader of Ganjastan, a virtual world "Free of Technology" where people who wish to live simpler and happier lives may do so. 

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/23/06 at 6:17 pm

I am FRIGGIN' GOD in the year 2100.

Check for new replies or respond here...