inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Weird Drug Side Effects and Signs of the End Times

Written By: Tia on 03/24/06 at 5:59 am

http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=84154

so the sleep drug ambien causes maybe the weirdest side effects of any prescription drug that's ever been on the market. people taking it are reported to be getting up in the middle of the night and binge-eating, including eating things like "butter-covered cigarettes" (not something that would ever have occurred to me, i think). they're also driving on the wrong side of the road and undressing and flying into rages with random strangers.

so me and kkay were yukking it up about this the other day and decided it's a sign of the end times -- the dead are walking the earth! pretty soon you'll get enough people on this thing and you won't know in your daily life whether you're dealing with someone who's sleepwalking or awake. then -- you ready -- after a while we'll ALL be sleepwalking! we can sleepwalk through our day job and then work our second-shift night job without ever getting burned out! and at that point we'll be workdrones slaving away 24 hours a day for the State, sorta like those underground prole guys in the old silent movie "metropolis."

some other notable weird drug side effects include the drug that makes you orgasm when you yawn. anybody else know of other drugs with bizarre side effects? and in all seriousness, why do drugs seem to have weirder side effects than they used to? back in the old days they'd just give you liver damage and make you addicted to them.

Subject: Re: Weird Drug Side Effects and Signs of the End Times

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/24/06 at 6:54 am

LSD and Meth-amphetamine...

There was this documentary on Meth-amphetamine (or crystal meth, or ice) drug addicts...there was this woman who would constantly pile through garbage for literally days on end, just picking up random stuff. And this other bloke who though the drug 'infected' him with millions of tiny mites which were eating his body away...

A lot of drugs, particularly hallunogens have weird side effects.

What's the name of the drug that makes you orgasm when you yawn? Not that I'm interested or anything  ;)...

Written By: KKay on 03/24/06 at 9:04 am

http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=84154

so me and kkay were yukking it up about this the other day and decided it's a sign of the end times -- the dead are walking the earth! pretty soon you'll get enough people on this thing and you won't know in your daily life whether you're dealing with someone who's sleepwalking or awake. then -- you ready -- after a while we'll ALL be sleepwalking! we can sleepwalk through our day job and then work our second-shift night job without ever getting burned out! and at that point we'll be workdrones slaving away 24 hours a day for the State, sorta like those underground prole guys in the old silent movie "metropolis."

Thanks, Mike.
I am glad that someone twith some sort of command of the language decided to cover this topic.
Yes...floods, fires, hurricanes, tidal waves, avian flu (is going to do it. make your peace with god), and the zombies.
I'm coming, Elizabeth!!!!!

Written By: KKay on 03/24/06 at 10:04 am

I am searching for current events that match with this list of the 12 signs of the end.
If you find some, post them!

The twelve signs that must come to pass before the end are given as follows:

1) Many will come in the name of Christ and deceive many (Matt.24,5; Mark 13,6; Luke 21,8)

2) There will be wars and rumours of wars between nations and kingdoms (Matt.24, 6-7; Mark 13,7-8; Luke,21,9-10).  I think we know about that one...

3) The first sorrows will be in the form of calamities: 'famines, pestilences and earthquakes in divers places', fearful sights and great signs from heaven (Matt.24,7-8; Mark, 13,8; Luke 21,11).  Earthquakes and hurricanes...typhoons and tidal waves..got them!

4) Orthodox Christians will be delivered up, killed and hated by all nations (Matt. 24,9; Mark 13, 9-11; Luke 21,12-15). 

5) Everywhere men will hate and betray each other (Matt.24,10; Mark 13,12-13; Luke 21,16-17).  That one was a given since time began.

6) Many false prophets will appear and deceive many (Matt.24,11).

7) On account of abundant iniquity (evil deeds and unrepented sin), the love of many will grow cold. Only those who endure to the end will be saved (Matt.24,12-13; Mark 13,13; Luke 21,19). 

8) The Gospel will be preached throughout the world 'for a witness unto all nations' (Matt.24,14; Mark 13,10).

9) After this Jews will become Orthodox Christians (Romans 11,25-28).

10) Preparations will be made for the coming of Antichrist, called the son of perdition and the beast. Preceded by false prophets and false signs and wonders, Antichrist will be a master of illusion, of 'shock and awe', taking away people's freedom, but making them think that they have been freed. He will persecute the true servants of Christ with rage and fury. The Temple in Jerusalem will be rebuilt for him to be enthroned there in the place of Christ - hence his name 'Antichrist', he who comes in the place of Christ (Matt, 24,15-24; Mark 13,14-22; 2 Thess.3-11; 1 John 2,18; Rev.13,1-8).

11) Signs will appear in the heavens, the sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light, the stars will fall from heaven, the sea and the waves will roar and the powers of heaven will be shaken (Matt.24,29; Mark,13,24-25; Luke 21,25-26).

12) The sign of the Son of man (the Cross) will appear in the heavens and then will take place the Second Coming of Christ with power and great glory. Angels will be sent and shall gather the elect together 'from the four winds' (Matt.24,30-31; Mark 13,26-27, Luke 21,27).

Written By: Tia on 03/24/06 at 12:07 pm

6) Many false prophets will appear and deceive many (Matt.24,11).

hanzel und gretyl've got this one covered. check out my sig line! that's been there for a couple of days, the line from "shine: 2001."

Written By: La Roche on 03/24/06 at 12:15 pm

PROOF!

I took some Ambien on I believe Monday night, I woke up Tuesday morning and my bottom lip was totally split. This isn't something that you just do in bed.. unless.. No No, she wasn't there. But anyway..
I'd call that good proof.

I'm going to experiment and start taking more Ambien.

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/24/06 at 12:29 pm

I think the whole Ambien sleepeating thing is just about the scariest side effect I've ever heard. As drug companies try harder and harder to make more and more money, the side effects just get curiouser and curiouser.

Written By: La Roche on 03/24/06 at 12:55 pm

PROOF!

I took some Ambien on I believe Monday night, I woke up Tuesday morning and my bottom lip was totally split. This isn't something that you just do in bed.. unless.. No No, she wasn't there. But anyway..
I'd call that good proof.

I'm going to experiment and start taking more Ambien.

I will make this point though...

I've probably induced sleep with Ambien maybe 12-13 times in the past 5-6 months.. and this week was the first time I ever woke up and found something odd.

Written By: KKay on 03/24/06 at 1:08 pm

I will make this point though...

I've probably induced sleep with Ambien maybe 12-13 times in the past 5-6 months.. and this week was the first time I ever woke up and found something odd.

i think you should keep taking it and also keep a camera running.  i want to see you when you punch yourself in the face and then go make yourself a cigarette and dish soap sundae.

Written By: La Roche on 03/24/06 at 1:16 pm

i think you should keep taking it and also keep a camera running.  i want to see you when you punch yourself in the face and then go make yourself a cigarette and dish soap sundae.

;D

I used to sleep on a fouton.. and anyway, because my little end table is quite high the edge of it would be fairly near my head. Most nights i'd manage to cut myself.

Now.. one night a friend of mine, Greg, was sleeping on the couch. He'd turned up stoned and just wanted to sleep which was fine, he got up at about 5 or so and made himself something to eat, he said as he was walking up the stairs he heard a noise like somebody tapping on the door, he came upstairs and there I was laying on my side eyebrow bleeding away.  ;D

Written By: Satish on 03/24/06 at 1:27 pm

Could scientologists actually have a point about the dangers of taking drugs?  ???

Check for new replies or respond here...