inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cheesiest Rap Video

Written By: sonikuu on 03/25/06 at 5:36 pm

We all know Rap videos are extremely cheesy these days.  Of course, the question remains: which is the cheesiest?  Keep in mind that there is a difference between "worst" and "cheesiest".  Vote for the one you think is the cheesiest, not the one you think is the worst (though they're all pretty bad).

I must say this is actually a really hard choice for me to make.  Before today, I would've chosen Juelz Santana "There It Go (The Whistle Song)" as it's chorus is simply whistling, which really strikes me as cheesy and the video isn't much better.  However, today I saw the video for Ms. New Booty (I actually seeked it out, sadly).  Ms. New Booty definitely takes it for me.  I was laughing my ass off the whole time because of how ridiculous it was.

Subject: Re: Cheesiest Rap Video

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/25/06 at 5:37 pm

My Humps

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/25/06 at 5:45 pm

But Ms. New Booty, by Bubba Sparxxx, is really chessy....  ;D  ::)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/25/06 at 6:18 pm

My Humps

same here

Written By: Ebontyne on 03/25/06 at 6:50 pm

I absolutely revile "My Humps."

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/25/06 at 7:46 pm

I just saw the Ms. New Booty video today, it is one of the dumbest music videos I have seen, lol.

Written By: Stompgal on 04/08/06 at 10:53 am

Nelly's Ride Wit Me

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/08/06 at 12:54 pm

My Humps.  Most of those songs I actually think are funny, because they're so corny, but My Humps is just disgusting.  It's not a sexy song at all.  :P

Written By: twistedwarp on 04/08/06 at 2:02 pm

Bubba Sparxx- ms.new booty. the chorus is just stupid. and the other guy making the whisper part is more embarrsing. the VIDEO well its just cheesy to the extreme.

Written By: Sick of Britney on 04/08/06 at 2:34 pm

Andrew Seeley feat. "High School Musical" cast "Get Cha Head In The Game"  ::)

The worst rap heard in a horrid tv movie, though it's more of a R&B song.

Written By: annonymouse on 04/08/06 at 2:53 pm

i don't think you chose the right word. cheesy

Written By: Schillingfan on 04/08/06 at 6:52 pm

My Humps.  Most of those songs I actually think are funny, because they're so corny, but My Humps is just disgusting.  It's not a sexy song at all.  :P

I agree!

I hate the song "Beep"- I think it just plays off of one of the sterotypes about men and the video is just stupid!

Fergie saying "My Humps" celebrates women's bodies (or whatever) is like saying the Harry Potter series isn't about a wizard!

Written By: woops on 04/08/06 at 11:19 pm

Tough... though I just saw the Bubba Sparxxx video and it's very stupid

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/08/06 at 11:47 pm

I agree!

I hate the song "Beep"- I think it just plays off of one of the sterotypes about men and the video is just stupid!

Fergie saying "My Humps" celebrates women's bodies (or whatever) is like saying the Harry Potter series isn't about a wizard!

Here we go with the difference between good cheesy and bad cheesy.  Good cheesy is laughable, bad cheesy is simply disgusting.  Grillz is technically worse than My Humps, but at least it's funny because he's rapping about teeth and tons of people like it which is amusing.  Even "Laffy Taffy" is kind of funny, because it's so stupid and doesn't really take itself seriously.  My Humps is simply uncomfortable; Beep is only slighly less embarrassing.  Neither song is sexy at all, it's just sweaty and gross.

In fact, the Black Eyed Peas in general are embarassingly cheesy.  They're not even enjoyable to make fun of.

Written By: Ebontyne on 04/09/06 at 3:08 pm

I agree!

Well, regardless of what Fergie might think, "My Humps" sounds to me like the most tuneless piece of misogynistic crap-rap from a decade already full to the brim with this sh*t. C'mon. The lyrics are about a woman who uses her "humps" and "lumps" (is this about a woman or a freaking camel??) at the club to get boys to buy her things that she wants. How inspirational is that?

The lyrics are among the most mind-numbingly, soul-sappingly, horrifically stupid that have ever been written in the history of popular music. The music alone makes me want to fling myself off a precipice and fall upon jagged rocks. "My Humps" is without question the worst successful single -- and probably the worst song, unless I blocked out something even more traumatic from my childhood -- that I have ever heard in my entire life.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/09/06 at 4:06 pm

I chose "other" as all of them are the suck.

Check for new replies or respond here...