inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mick Jagger is going to have his own show "Being Mick" on A&E..will you watch?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/01/06 at 6:42 pm

Being a Stones fan, I might watch it if I find it interesting.

Subject: Re: Mick Jagger is going to have his own show "Being Mick" on A&E..will you watch?

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/01/06 at 8:35 pm

I.. I don't even know what it's about.

Subject: Re: Mick Jagger is going to have his own show "Being Mick" on A&E..will you watch?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/01/06 at 8:38 pm

I.. I don't even know what it's about.
Well, I guess you have no idea who Mick Jagger is. He's the frontman for the Rolling Stones. Are you too young to remember the Rolling Stones?

Sorry if I came off snobby.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/01/06 at 8:38 pm

Well, I guess you have no idea who Mick Jagger is. He's the frontman for the Rolling Stones. Are you too young to remember the Rolling Stones?

Sorry if I came off snobby.

No, I have a few of their albums. I know who he is.. but what's the show all about? Is it like.. a documentary? It sounds like a reality show.

Written By: Apricot on 04/01/06 at 8:40 pm

No, I have a few of their albums. I know who he is.. but what's the show all about? Is it like.. a documentary? It sounds like a reality show.

They had a "Being Bobby Brown" show, which.. well, it didn't seem to have a purpose, it was just Whitney Houston talking a lot.. and she's funny when she talks.

"Hell to the no!"

Subject: Re: Mick Jagger is going to have his own show "Being Mick" on A&E..will you watc

Written By: Abix on 04/02/06 at 3:25 pm

The Mick and Keith antics are classic. I hope that Keith is on there to snap 'the bitch' into place.  Seriously , if it's Mick, I'm there. When does it start?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/02/06 at 5:58 pm

I think you can find out on A&E's website.

Subject: Re: Mick Jagger is going to have his own show "Being Mick" on A&E..will you watc

Written By: Abix on 04/02/06 at 6:07 pm

Darn, Looks like it was on  yesterday. I missed it :( 
Hopefully , they will re-broadcast it.

Written By: KKay on 04/03/06 at 8:09 am

No.
I feel that if someone needs to begin a reality show they are probably desparate for cash and it will not be a producion
of any quality.

Written By: La Roche on 04/03/06 at 8:34 am

No.
I feel that if someone needs to begin a reality show they are probably desparate for cash and it will not be a producion
of any quality.

Agreed, Michael disapoints me.

I went and saw them In January.. Mick looks.. like the living dead.

I'll have to tune in for one episode to see how much make-up they throw at him.

Written By: Apricot on 04/03/06 at 2:46 pm

I went and saw them In January.. Mick looks.. like the living dead.

Was that the Super Bowl, then?

He looked like a heroin addict flailing about at that.

Written By: La Roche on 04/03/06 at 3:05 pm

No.. the savvis center  ;D

Written By: Abix on 04/03/06 at 3:19 pm

dude, heroin addicts go on the nod, they don't flail about.  Unless they are off the junk, cold turkey.
Mick looks pretty damn good for being in the business of Rock n' Roll for 45 years. Most are dead or bloated  has beens. (Sorry, I just have to defend the WORLD'S GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL  BAND!  I am a little biased , no? )

Written By: La Roche on 04/03/06 at 3:47 pm

dude, heroin addicts go on the nod, they don't flail about.  Unless they are off the junk, cold turkey.
Mick looks pretty damn good for being in the business of Rock n' Roll for 45 years. Most are dead or bloated  has beens. (Sorry, I just have to defend the WORLD'S GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL  BAND!  I am a little biased , no? )

!!! Good work.

.. Did you go see them on the tour?

He.. really dosen't look too good  ;D

Keith looks awful though, that's to be expected however. Keith 'Anything you can take I can take more of' Richards.. should be dead a dozen times by now.

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/03/06 at 3:59 pm

Mick Jagger reminds me of an embalmed corpse set to walk around with a hard-on. Who's next for a reality show, Tina Turner?

Written By: Abix on 04/03/06 at 4:01 pm

!!! Good work.

.. Did you go see them on the tour?

He.. really dosen't look too good  ;D

Keith looks awful though, that's to be expected however. Keith 'Anything you can take I can take more of' Richards.. should be dead a dozen times by now.

The last time I saw the Stones was in ... 98 or 99.  I missed them this last time. They didn't come to the Twin Cities for 40 Licks or for Bigger Bang. The closest they came to me was Chicago and I just couldn't make it to Chi town.
Keith really is a walking,talking grim reaper.  All that Dialysis in Amsterdam must have done him some good.

Written By: La Roche on 04/03/06 at 4:03 pm

The last time I saw the Stones was in ... 98 or 99.  I missed them this last time. They didn't come to the Twin Cities for 40 Licks or for Bigger Bang. The closest they came to me was Chicago and I just couldn't make it to Chi town.
Keith really is a walking,talking grim reaper.  All that Dialysis in Amsterdam must have done him some good.

You're up in the Twin Cities, cool.. so.. I gotta know, should I be excited about moving there this summer?  :)

I'm amazed he's alive.. He's the only guy I know of that could party with Lemmy Kilmister.

Written By: Abix on 04/03/06 at 4:08 pm

You're up in the Twin Cities, cool.. so.. I gotta know, should I be excited about moving there this summer?  :)

I'm amazed he's alive.. He's the only guy I know of that could party with Lemmy Kilmister.

Ha! Keith puts Motorhead Lemmy to  shame.
About the Twin Cities, it's nice here.. what part?  We have lots of Lakes. Hope you like fishing.

Written By: La Roche on 04/03/06 at 4:17 pm

Ha! Keith puts Motorhead Lemmy to  shame.
About the Twin Cities, it's nice here.. what part?  We have lots of Lakes. Hope you like fishing.

I'm big on water.

Errr, careful with the Lemmy bashing, he's a good friend of mine.

Basically downtown, you know where all the streets end with SE.

I guess it's kinda on the St. Paul side of the river, but it's basically in downtown Minneapolis.

Written By: Abix on 04/03/06 at 4:22 pm

I'm big on water.

Errr, careful with the Lemmy bashing, he's a good friend of mine.

Basically downtown, you know where all the streets end with SE.

I guess it's kinda on the St. Paul side of the river, but it's basically in downtown Minneapolis.

Hey, I'm not bashing the man.. He's hardcore.  But Keith.. well Keith is, well.. look at him!!  LOL
S.E. I'm trying to think.. are you going to be near St. Anthony Main?  or near Dinkytown? I forget where the streets turn N.E. to S.E.  are you going to the U of M?

Written By: La Roche on 04/03/06 at 7:21 pm

Hey, I'm not bashing the man.. He's hardcore.  But Keith.. well Keith is, well.. look at him!!  LOL
S.E. I'm trying to think.. are you going to be near St. Anthony Main?  or near Dinkytown? I forget where the streets turn N.E. to S.E.  are you going to the U of M?

Yeah.

Dinkytown sounds familiar.. sounds bizare as well, but familiar.

Written By: Abix on 04/03/06 at 7:30 pm

That's  smack in the middle of campus territory... You'll have fun there.  Don't ask me where the nickname Dinkytown came from, I have no clue. 

Written By: La Roche on 04/04/06 at 12:11 am

That's  smack in the middle of campus territory... You'll have fun there.  Don't ask me where the nickname Dinkytown came from, I have no clue. 

Excellent excellent.

I've heard about how it's great for bikes, true?

Written By: Abix on 04/04/06 at 5:13 am

yes , more so than driving a car.

Written By: La Roche on 04/04/06 at 8:13 am

yes , more so than driving a car.

Excellent, I have a feeling the last trip mine will make is to take me up there  ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/04/06 at 9:42 am

Being a Stones fan, I might watch it if I find it interesting.

If he's as senile as Ozzy Osbourne I'll watch it.

Written By: lizjagger on 04/07/06 at 2:16 pm

If his daugher Liz is on the show, I will.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/08/06 at 7:57 pm

If he's as senile as Ozzy Osbourne I'll watch it.
I don't think I'll be watching...I'd rather watch Speed Channel, at least they've got my faves on there...like Nextel Cup's own buff-as-h*ll Carl Edwards, and of course Tony Stewart.

Check for new replies or respond here...