inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Guilty Pleasures-for those not into reality shows

Written By: Carl on 04/04/06 at 11:31 am

This is for many of you who are NOT big fans of this like me. Is there maybe ONE that the topic interested you a bit that you did watch it?

Subject: Re: Guilty Pleasures-for those not into reality shows

Written By: nally on 04/04/06 at 11:49 am

Nope. I've never watched a reality-based program, since I am just not interested in them whatsoever.

Written By: La Roche on 04/04/06 at 11:56 am

This is for many of you who are NOT big fans of this like me. Is there maybe ONE that the topic interested you a bit that you did watch it?

I watched the first episode of the Osbourne's.. and then never watched again  ;D
Same with Hogan knows best, I watched the first episode, never again.

Written By: KKay on 04/04/06 at 12:14 pm

I saw a few episodes of The Surreal Life...the one with Chynna and Jane Weidlin and Verne "mini Me" and Christopher knight (sooo cute)
but that was it for me and reality.
my imagination is so much more interesting than anything on reality tv.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/04/06 at 12:17 pm

I watched the first episode of the Osbourne's.. and then never watched again  ;D
Same with Hogan knows best, I watched the first episode, never again.

The Osbournes were funny for one episode...then all you saw was a bunch of ugly people swearing...which is what plenty of people living in dysfunctional homes see anyway...

One guilty pleasure I used to watch is the L-Word. Doesn't matter that I couldn't recount the plotline (or care) of one episode, or any of the characters' names (just kidding)...but I watch it nonetheless. Nah, it's really a very boring show.

Written By: Carl on 04/04/06 at 12:53 pm

The Surreal Life I've watched when nothing else was on, but that was more entertaining for me.

Written By: Electric Youth on 04/04/06 at 1:42 pm

The only show of that ilk I watched was "Skating with Celebrities", only because of Deborah Gibson and Kristy Swanson.

Atleast Gibson turned down the more  humilating "Surreal Life", though doesn't deserve to be on any reality show.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/04/06 at 1:44 pm

The only "reality" shows that I have ever really watched are Antiques' Roadshow, Cash in the Attic, Trading Spaces, and Clean Sweep.
All the others are so far from "reality" it is unreal.

Cat

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/04/06 at 1:50 pm

Joe Millionaire.  Classic, crappy '00s there. I could resist  ;D

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/04/06 at 2:12 pm

America's Next Top Model and the last part of Project Runway.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/04/06 at 2:39 pm

I used to watch the Real World, but it started getting too sleazy so I stopped watching.

I think the last season I watched from start to finish was Seattle.

Written By: Carl on 04/05/06 at 10:27 am

There was another I caught a bit of, Average Joe

Written By: Gis on 04/05/06 at 11:50 am

The only "reality" shows that I have ever really watched are Antiques' Roadshow, Cash in the Attic, Trading Spaces, and Clean Sweep.

Cat
I love Antiques Roadshow and Cash in the Attic too. We had one show in the U.K called 'How clean is your house' which was horrifying but compulsive. I also liked 'Life Laundry' which was along the same lines except it helped people de-clutter, and as I'm sure you can imagine they needed to badly. There was one guy who only had a narrow path around his house through floor to celling high piles of 'stuff'.
I also enjoyed 'Ladette to Lady' .

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/05/06 at 2:08 pm

I love Antiques Roadshow and Cash in the Attic too. We had one show in the U.K called 'How clean is your house' which was horrifying but compulsive. I also liked 'Life Laundry' which was along the same lines except it helped people de-clutter, and as I'm sure you can imagine they needed to badly. There was one guy who only had a narrow path around his house through floor to celling high piles of 'stuff'.
I also enjoyed 'Ladette to Lady' .

I used to think that my house was bad until I saw some of those houses on Clean Sweep and other shows like it.  :o  (Hubby still thinks my clutter is bad.  ;D ) Of course watching those gives me the desire to "de-clutter" my own clutter.

Cat

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 04/06/06 at 1:53 am

I don't know if it counts or not, but I LOVE "Supernanny" & "Nanny 911".  The best parts are that I've picked up some good ideas on getting the kids to behave better and it's made me realize that my kids are ANGELS compared to some of the brats on there ;)

I totally agree with that!! I don't watch it all the time--but when I catch it, my three never seem NEARLY as awful!!  ;D

I don't really watch reality shows too much..none of them religiously or anything.

I did watch season one of the Osbournes, and I catch a few episodes from  'Celebreality' (Surreal Life, Flavor of Love, I watched a couple episodes from My Fair Brady..ugh!) on VH1 from time to time..but as far as on regular TV the only one I've ever really watched is The Apprentice (with Trump..NOT with Martha Stewart  :P)

Written By: Abix on 04/06/06 at 3:34 pm

I hate ALL of these  reality shows that are popping up left and right.
I did, however , tune into "Average Joe" for about 3 episodes.  and I did catch the ending, and I somehow knew she would pick the hot guy over the average  guy.  Shows how superficial she was after all.  :P

Written By: nally on 04/10/06 at 2:23 pm

Cat

Antiques Roadshow? I never thought of that one as reality-based. :-\\

I used to think that my house was bad until I saw some of those houses on Clean Sweep and other shows like it.  :o  (Hubby still thinks my clutter is bad.  ;D ) Of course watching those gives me the desire to "de-clutter" my own clutter.

Clean Sweep? I've not seen that one, but I have watched "How Clean Is Your House", a show on Lifetime in which certain households have no time to clean their own homes, and as a result, have clutter accumulated all over the floors and stuff like that; two British women (Aggie Mckenzie and Kim Woodburns) come over, explore the home, and help the family clean up all their clutter and give them tips on how to keep their home clean.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/10/06 at 2:25 pm

I used to watch Anna Nicole Smith from time to time..

Can you guess why?

Check for new replies or respond here...