inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nelly Depreciation Thread

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/06/06 at 2:19 pm

Although "Grillz" is his worst song, he definitely has a history of awful songs.  Like "Pimp Juice" - you ain't from Russia, so b*tch why you rushin'?  ;D

Subject: Re: Nelly Depreciation Thread

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/06/06 at 2:21 pm

He's a terrible rapper, I only like his slower songs like "Over and Over" and "Dilemma" he's kinda semi-singing in those though.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/06/06 at 2:23 pm

He's a terrible rapper, I only like his slower songs like "Over and Over" and "Dilemma" he's kinda semi-singing in those though.

Actually if you think about it he always kind of sings.  I like "Over and Over", I mean the country stuff is really gimmicky but it's a decent song.

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/06/06 at 2:28 pm

Actually if you think about it he always kind of sings.  I like "Over and Over", I mean the country stuff is really gimmicky but it's a decent song.

Yea that's true. He really can't rap at all. E.I. and #1 are also crappy so is Errtime.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/06/06 at 2:30 pm

There's a reason you can't spell "crap" without "rap".

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/06/06 at 2:31 pm

Yea that's true. He really can't rap at all. E.I. and #1 are also crappy so is Errtime.

Errtime? WTF?  Is that like time to destroy your brain or something?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/06/06 at 2:32 pm

[quote author=

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/06/06 at 3:02 pm

Nelly sucks and is the epitome of 2000's rap. "Grillz" is a horrible song that made him loose all credibility he had left with me as being a good artist. He should just quit and never ever make another song but of course he wont(and with the way his records are selling I can't say I blame him ;))

Written By: whistledog on 04/06/06 at 3:16 pm

Once again, I suggest that Nelly should take that bandage off his face, and place it over his mouth ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/06/06 at 3:39 pm

Does he have a bandage collection?  ::)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/06/06 at 5:43 pm

Not all rap is bad, only the MTV stuff of the past decade and most of the old gangsta rap.

I agree about that.  I was speaking about what passes as rap nowadays.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/06/06 at 5:49 pm

[quote author=

Written By: sonikuu on 04/06/06 at 5:55 pm

A lot of people seem to think that Grillz is where Nelly lost his credibility.  That's not true.  He's never HAD it to begin with!  Just look at "Hot In Herre" and the previously mentioned "Pimp Juice".  Quite simply, Nelly has never had credibility and his lyrics were always terrible.  It's just that now, people are actually noticing.  That is, except for the people at my school.

Anyway, the only thing Nelly has going for him is the tendency for his songs to stick in your head.  I hate Grillz, which makes it even worse when I keep hearing the chorus in my head all day.

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/06/06 at 6:43 pm

Nelly is an artist people love to ridicule and think is fun. But it's like candy. You eat too much of it and it makes you throw up and then you don't eat it for a long, long time. "Grillz" is where you get nauseous, his next one will be where you throw up.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/06/06 at 6:53 pm

A lot of people seem to think that Grillz is where Nelly lost his credibility.  That's not true.  He's never HAD it to begin with!  Just look at "Hot In Herre" and the previously mentioned "Pimp Juice".  Quite simply, Nelly has never had credibility and his lyrics were always terrible.  It's just that now, people are actually noticing.  That is, except for the people at my school.

I agree with this. I actually haven't liked Nelly since about 2001 and his songs have always been pretty stupid. I guess "Grillz" is just the song that made him lose some credibility with everybody and not just the people that already didnt like him.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/06/06 at 7:09 pm

Although "Grillz" is his worst song, he definitely has a history of awful songs.  Like "Pimp Juice" - you ain't from Russia, so b*tch why you rushin'?  ;D

Wasn't it PT Barnum who said, "No one ever lost by underestimating the taste or intelligence of the American people"? But our pop culture exports prove you can apply this to most any human with a few coins to spend!

I dunno, bad pop stars used to but me a lot more when I listened to pop music. When I was seventeen, I hated Billy Idol more than tongue could tell. Thing is, I have done nothing to find out who's who in pop music for so long, it's all melted into a giant mass of inanity I try to ignore.  I wouldn't know a Nelly from a Jay-Z.
::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/06/06 at 10:22 pm

I see :)

Beastie Boys rule.

They are a really good group.

Written By: Apricot on 04/08/06 at 11:37 pm

He's not THAT bad.

I want his power to get women to do whatever he wants by issuing his commands in song form.. He tells a woman it's hot in here, and she takes off her clothes.. amazing.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/08/06 at 11:43 pm

He's not THAT bad.

I want his power to get women to do whatever he wants by issuing his commands in song form.. He tells a woman it's hot in here, and she takes off her clothes.. amazing.

I know ... what a stud!

Check for new replies or respond here...