inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Katie Couric

Written By: danootaandme on 04/07/06 at 5:48 pm

This is just so insulting.  Bubbly little Katie taking the anchor desk on CBS, they gotta be kidding.  Am I the only one here disgusted by all of this.  Oh, and Meredith Viera on the Today Show? Another reason I don't care if I see it or not.

Subject: Re: Katie Couric

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/07/06 at 6:32 pm

Ditto.

Written By: whistledog on 04/07/06 at 8:21 pm

is Meredith going to be Katie's replacement on the Today Show?  This is just all too messed up  :-\\

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/07/06 at 8:44 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/07/06 at 8:46 pm

This move makes no sense whatsoever.  I predict that Katie will be rejected by the CBS news viewers.

The CBS news anchor desk has been occupied by legends like Wally Kronkite and Dan Rather and Bob Scheiffer.  (Mind you Rather has quite a few black marks on his record, but nevertheless, he was a heavyweight)

Bringing Couric on the show is based on assuming that the audience is mindless and wants "entertainment value".  If that's the case then give the anchor chair to J-Lo.

Written By: nally on 04/08/06 at 5:57 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: Webstor on 04/08/06 at 6:12 pm

Its not that I dont believe people can do whatever they put their mind to.......
Katie Couric CAN do the CBS evening news and 60 minutes.....

The issue is....will the viewing public be able to accept her in that role.....?

I don't think they will.  I hate to say it, but I think Anne Curry is more of an "evening news" type person.

Unless they are going to strictly use Katie for their "fluff" pieces.  She has always been the one to interview the person who came on the show with a certain recipe, or a celebrity with a new movie out, etc....
She asks good questions.....but the stories are all centered around "people's interests"...not world events.

I love Katie Couric right where she is.

Meredith Viera will fail...and fail badly.  It will be back to gameshow alley for her.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/08/06 at 6:37 pm

Meredith Viera will fail...and fail badly.  It will be back to gameshow alley for her.

Let's just hope that Meredith's husband is not giving her career advice.  :-\\

Hubby was the guy who convinced Dan Rather to "get tough" in an interview with President Bush I way back in 1988, and Bush absolutely destroyed Dan Rather in the interview. Dan got his a$$ handed to him.   ;D

Hubby was subsequently fired from CBS for his part in the debacle.  :-X

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/08/06 at 11:40 pm

Shes hot...

..dunno if she belongs in the news chair though, perhaps.

Just because her current work isn't that type, whos to say she couldn't do it?

I'm willing to give her a chance, actually.

Written By: Echo Nomad on 06/01/06 at 1:58 pm

This is just so insulting.  Bubbly little Katie taking the anchor desk on CBS, they gotta be kidding.  Am I the only one here disgusted by all of this.  Oh, and Meredith Viera on the Today Show? Another reason I don't care if I see it or not.

So who's to replace Meridith on "Who wants to a Millionaire"? Or has that already been canceled? I like her but I'm afraid that she'll be known as a Hollywood permtemp. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/01/06 at 5:14 pm

So who's to replace Meridith on "Who wants to a Millionaire"? Or has that already been canceled? I like her but I'm afraid that she'll be known as a Hollywood permtemp. 

Perhaps of equal intrigue is who is going to host the game "Who Wants to be the next CBS News Anchor".

Because I assure yo that after the initial ratings bump, viewership of a Katie-anchored CBS News show will plummet and she will get kicked to the curb.

If Kronkite were dead, he would be rolling over in his grave.  :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/01/06 at 5:27 pm

The network news might as well be a soap opera. It is more about the celebrity of the anchors ("news models," I prefer) than news and current events.
What does Katie Couric actually do? Why should I care about this crap?

Written By: danootaandme on 06/01/06 at 5:50 pm

What does Katie Couric actually do?

Actually the question is who does Katie do    ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/01/06 at 7:34 pm

Now there is a picture I do not want to have in my mind.  ???

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/01/06 at 7:58 pm

Okay let's quit the cattiness.

These two women were serious journalists before The View and The Today Show. They have interviewed both serious people and celebrities. Don't knock them for changing avenues. It doesn't add or subtract from your life. If it does, then that's just sad.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/01/06 at 10:06 pm

Sam Donaldson.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/llkiss.gif

Well, can you picture Barbara Walters in the sack with Henry Kissinger? Whether you want to picture it or not, it happened!

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/01/06 at 10:51 pm

And I'll take "Phrases likely to appear in threads about Katie 'Yes, that's the inside of my colon, and I'm broadcasting the view from in there on national TV' Couric" for $1000, Alex.

Check for new replies or respond here...