inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Madonna to tour this summer

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/10/06 at 12:04 pm

Anyone going? I AM!

Subject: Re: Madonna to tour this summer

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/06 at 12:04 pm

US or UK tour?

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/10/06 at 12:20 pm

I'm thinking of trying to get tickets. Hopefully, it will be spellbinding and she will play a set including alot of older material. I've always wanted to go to her "Blonde Ambition" and "Live Down Under" classics which I've seen on DVD.

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/10/06 at 2:35 pm

she'll be in the US and the UK

she will be singing songs from her current album "Confessions on a Dance Floor", as well as many of her older hits from the 80's. 

she always puts on a spectacular show, with great choreography, special effects, costumes...the whole nine yards.

i don't know if anyone got to see The Reinvention Tour in '04, but that show started with the most incredible video presentation (set to her "Beast Within Mix" from the Justify My Love maxi single) that I have ever seen.  It was truly amazing.

I strongly encourage you to see her show at least once, if you can get tickets.  They're not cheap either, which could discourage the "casual" fan.  But for those who can/do go, enjoy it!!

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/10/06 at 3:36 pm

I'm sick and tired of people criticizing Madge because she's not as technically proficient as some other singers. But Madonna is an exhilarating experience, first and foremost, and a concept artist.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 04/10/06 at 7:50 pm

If I can score tix, I'm definitely going to see her! :)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/10/06 at 7:55 pm

I'm pissed that she's not coming to Atlanta.  I saved up my money to see her on the Reinvention Tour back in '04, and when I heard she was touring for Confessions, I was hoping she'd come to Philips, but she's not.  In fact, the closest she's coming to me I think is somewhere in Florida.

I had the time of my life at her last tour, I was singing and dancing and generally acting like a fool and it was worth every single dollar I spent on that ticket.

Written By: whistledog on 04/10/06 at 8:01 pm

I can't believe it ... a thread from Bill that actually makes sense  :o

back on topic ... Madonna tickets are always so expensive.  Even the cheap seats, high up on top under some pipe leaking this gross green goo, are like over $200  :\'(

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/10/06 at 8:03 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/10/06 at 8:07 pm

I think this can come from my savings account...

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/10/06 at 9:29 pm

I'm sick and tired of people criticizing Madge because she's not as technically proficient as some other singers. But Madonna is an exhilarating experience, first and foremost, and a concept artist.

In the end, you cares about being technically proficient when you're Madonna?

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/11/06 at 12:40 pm

In the end, you cares about being technically proficient when you're Madonna?

The critics. But f*ck them.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/11/06 at 2:06 pm

You know something the tickets went on sale a couple of days ago for her London gig, and SOLD OUT in 10 minutes, then an extra date was set up and again I missed out on tickets   >:( >:(

Apparently her set is gonna be based on some decadent NYC nightclub - I forget the name right now,
is it Studio...

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/11/06 at 2:40 pm

You know something the tickets went on sale a couple of days ago for her London gig, and SOLD OUT in 10 minutes, then an extra date was set up and again I missed out on tickets   >:( >:(

Apparently her set is gonna be based on some decadent NYC nightclub - I forget the name right now,
is it Studio...

Studio 54.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/11/06 at 6:32 pm

Studio 54.

That's the one!  I swear her voice is getting better year on year.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/11/06 at 8:13 pm

Madonnas back this year, Guns N Roses is finally releasing Chinese Democracy, and isn't Prince also releasing a new album? ???

Its the attack of the 80s! :o

;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/12/06 at 3:37 am

Madonnas back this year, Guns N Roses is finally releasing Chinese Democracy, and isn't Prince also releasing a new album? ???

Its the attack of the 80s! :o

;D

I will also buy Prince's new album, another artist who's still kicking arse.

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/12/06 at 6:03 am

Yeah, I think the '80s are officially back with the ongoing popularity of new wave and synthpop and the comebacks of Prince and Madonna.

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/12/06 at 7:02 am

Yeah, I think the '80s are officially back with the ongoing popularity of new wave and synthpop and the comebacks of Prince and Madonna.

well i kind of agree with you here, but Madonna never really went away.  she's had her ups and downs, but she's always been a powerhouse in the entertainment industry... SINCE the 80's, not in the 80's and again now.  That's why I love her so much.  Who else has been able to maintain that level of fame for that long?  Can't think of anyone...

Written By: Zoso on 04/12/06 at 8:04 am

I saving my money for when Prince tours. Now that's a show to see!

Written By: Ebontyne on 04/12/06 at 10:58 am

well i kind of agree with you here, but Madonna never really went away.  she's had her ups and downs, but she's always been a powerhouse in the entertainment industry... SINCE the 80's, not in the 80's and again now.  That's why I love her so much.  Who else has been able to maintain that level of fame for that long?  Can't think of anyone...

Although I've never been a really big Madonna fan, I would still say that she's a great pop star and very entertaining. There's even something strangely comforting about the fact that she's just always been there, for as long as I can remember; I think her first album came out the year I was born, in fact.

And you know, although I don't own her albums, I would really love to buy a comprehensive video collection if ever one was released (man that would be a lot of videos though!).

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/12/06 at 2:35 pm

Although I've never been a really big Madonna fan, I would still say that she's a great pop star and very entertaining. There's even something strangely comforting about the fact that she's just always been there, for as long as I can remember; I think her first album came out the year I was born, in fact.

And you know, although I don't own her albums, I would really love to buy a comprehensive video collection if ever one was released (man that would be a lot of videos though!).

Try The Immaculate Collection. It has most of the real highlights.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/12/06 at 2:37 pm

I saving my money for when Prince tours. Now that's a show to see!

Crikey I would so love to see PRINCE in concert. He done a brilliant set at The Brits recently

Written By: Electric Youth on 04/12/06 at 3:52 pm

I prefer Debroah Gibson, who still releases music  though now a successful stage actress.

Unfortunately, many people still look at her as the '80's pop princess and her later material is ignored, which is much better than the likes of Jewel and Celine Dion.

http://www.discomuseum.com/DebbieGibson.html

I actually like Prince's recent song "Black Sweat", though Madonna hasn't released anything decent for over 15 years, IMO.

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/13/06 at 6:56 am

though Madonna hasn't released anything decent for over 15 years, IMO.

really???? how many of her albums in the last 15 years have you listened to?  IMO, some of her greatest material EVER is on her 2003 album "American Life"

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/13/06 at 12:30 pm

I prefer Debroah Gibson, who still releases music  though now a successful stage actress.

Unfortunately, many people still look at her as the '80's pop princess and her later material is ignored, which is much better than the likes of Jewel and Celine Dion.

http://www.discomuseum.com/DebbieGibson.html

I actually like Prince's recent song "Black Sweat", though Madonna hasn't released anything decent for over 15 years, IMO.

Madonna's released some decent stuff since 1990, IMO....Bedtime Stories was a great CD, and Ray of Light and her "Hung Up" single was good. And I actually like about half of Erotica.

Check for new replies or respond here...