inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ashley Tisdale, just another manufactured pop act

Written By: Electric Youth on 04/15/06 at 3:49 am

First I thought she was sorta OK, like Mandy Moore, but turns out to be another attention craving, bubble headed Party Girl who can't sing whatsoever.

Her character "Maddie" from "Suite Life of Zack & Cody" went from down to earth and sarcastic to shallow and dumb like most young character on tv.  :P

Don't get me started on "High School Musical", that that's more of a lame teenybopper movie.

Like Ashlee Simpson, I think a fan just got bamboozled.  ::)

Subject: Re: Ashley Tisdale, just another manufactured pop act

Written By: shadowy_starr on 04/15/06 at 7:29 pm

I'm sure she's a nice girl and all but I really think she should stick to acting.  I agree, she can't sing.  Her voice is like an annoying high baby voice that I can't stand ::)  I really hope she doesn't try to get a record deal because I do NOT want to see another Hillary Duff

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/16/06 at 12:11 am

Like Ashlee Simpson, she has a HUGE NOSE!  I think even Jessica Alba would look bad with a huge nose.  The only huge nose I've ever not been bothered by is Debbie Gibson's, somehow, it works for her.

Written By: Electric Youth on 04/16/06 at 2:28 am

Ashley Tisdale makes Ashlee Simpson look/sound like Debbie Gibson  :D

Though Ashlee Simpson is strangely cute, but have no talent

Deborah Gibson, one of the most underrated pop singer/songwriters, wrote/produced her own songs and played piano at a young age. Also looked cute.

Doubt Ashley Tisdale could perform actual musicals like Deborah Gibson been doing for nearly two decade, though Deb also still releases good music. More A/C pop and ballads that would top the likes of  overrated Jewel and the annoying Celine Dion. Unfortunately, many people are only familiar with her as the '80's pop princess.

http://www.discomuseum.com/DebbieGibson.html

Heck, Tisdale claims to be a fan of Billy Joel, but hardly mentions him or his music and quit playing the piano sometime ago.

I wonder if Ashley Tisdale mother was also a pop singer who toured at malls since she reminds me of her?  ::)  :D

Written By: Electric Youth on 04/16/06 at 2:40 am

Ashley Tisdale is still a decent actress, though I doubt she'll be the next big thing.

Maddie Tisdale
http://www.ashleytisdale.com/images_pub/pat422.jpg

Written By: Electric Youth on 04/16/06 at 2:41 am

Oops, I mean Ashley Tisdale  :P  :D  ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/16/06 at 3:20 am

Like Ashlee Simpson, she has a HUGE NOSE!  I think even Jessica Alba would look bad with a huge nose.  The only huge nose I've ever not been bothered by is Debbie Gibson's, somehow, it works for her.

Ashley Simpson's nose doesn't bother me too much. I mean it's big, but it's not Barbara Streisand big  ;). Have no idea who Ashley Tisdale is...I guess she hasn't made the journey Downunder yet...

Written By: Ebontyne on 04/16/06 at 7:33 pm

Ashley Simpson's nose doesn't bother me too much. I mean it's big, but it's not Barbara Streisand big  ;). Have no idea who Ashley Tisdale is...I guess she hasn't made the journey Downunder yet...

You're not alone... I have no idea who she is either, though I've seen her name tossed around here before. :)

Written By: Electric Youth on 04/16/06 at 9:23 pm

Those with young siblings, kids, or secretly watches "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody" are familiar with Ashley Tisdale.

Also with that cheesy tv movie that's everywhere...  ::)  :P

Written By: Apricot on 04/17/06 at 10:23 am

Oh snap, son... woops is gonna go Compton on your ass.

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/17/06 at 2:01 pm

Who's Ashley Tisdale? lol

Written By: shadowy_starr on 04/17/06 at 6:24 pm

Just an F.Y.I, I also know Ashley from her appearances on a sitcom called "Grounded For Life" and I actually saw her on the movie Donnie Darko....she looks a lot different now which is probably due to "the industry".

Written By: woops on 04/17/06 at 7:02 pm

Ashley Tisdale is OK, but "jumped" with that annoying tv movie  ::)  :P

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/17/06 at 7:06 pm

Just an F.Y.I, I also know Ashley from her appearances on a sitcom called "Grounded For Life" and I actually saw her on the movie Donnie Darko....she looks a lot different now which is probably due to "the industry".

Tisdale's in DD?  Who is she?  :o

Written By: Electric Youth on 04/17/06 at 7:16 pm

She was the dorky girl, according to the IMDB

Written By: shadowy_starr on 04/17/06 at 8:08 pm

Yeah, she was the girl in that scene where Donnie stands up to Jim Cunningham you know where he calls him the "anti- christ". ahhh classic ;D....but yeah she had brown curly hair so she looked different.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/17/06 at 9:22 pm

Yeah, she was the girl in that scene where Donnie stands up to Jim Cunningham you know where he calls him the "anti- christ". ahhh classic ;D....but yeah she had brown curly hair so she looked different.

;D Yeah, that Jim Cunningham what a loser, I loved calling him the anti-christ, and then burning down his house  ;D  oh I think I know what you're talking about, the sister that said her sister was fat? 

Written By: shadowy_starr on 04/17/06 at 9:43 pm

;D Yeah, that Jim Cunningham what a loser, I loved calling him the anti-christ, and then burning down his house  ;D   oh I think I know what you're talking about, the sister that said her sister was fat? 

Yeah, her.....what a funny scene. Props to Donnie ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/18/06 at 11:01 am

Yeah, her.....what a funny scene. Props to Donnie ;D

Thank you  :D  ;D

Written By: lorac614 on 04/18/06 at 12:46 pm

Any time I've ever seen her she looks like she's wearing a bad wig.  Her hair is weird.

Written By: Bot on 04/18/06 at 8:20 pm

Ashley Tisdale  kinda look ugly  :P

Written By: omg on 04/22/06 at 8:01 pm

http://www.ashleytisdale.com/images_pub/pat422.jpg

Wasn't she on Transgeneration?  ???

Written By: lisa on 04/23/06 at 7:51 pm

no ashley tisdale is not i love love love her voice it is very beautiful and she is very pretty

Check for new replies or respond here...