inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's music pioneer considering legal action against Kevin Federline

Written By: Schillingfan on 04/15/06 at 1:41 pm

80's music pioneer Thomas Dolby is considering suing Kevin Federline over a sample of his biggest hit

Story here:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1527947/20060405/story.jhtml

Subject: Re: 80's music pioneer considering legal action against Kevin Federline

Written By: Electric Youth on 04/15/06 at 2:17 pm

I bet K Fed will  deny that he sampled a Thomas Dolby song  like Vanilla Ice said on an interview when he sampled a classic Queen/David Bowie song in 1990  ::)

Subject: Re: 80's music pioneer considering legal action against Kevin Federline

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/15/06 at 6:40 pm

Score one for Thomas Dolby!  ;D

Written By: Ebontyne on 04/15/06 at 6:47 pm

Good.

Written By: Schillingfan on 04/15/06 at 7:41 pm

Score one for Thomas Dolby!  ;D

Plus- it's all over internet news right now! Just check google news under Thomas Dolby and there's lots of news reports on him vs. k-fed!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/15/06 at 8:24 pm

GOOD! Most people here know exactly what I think of K-Fed. Nowhere near talented.

Written By: 90sto2000sfanrob on 04/15/06 at 8:33 pm

I'm sorry, but Federline's a joke. Men/women married to celebrities used to just show up to premieres and leave it at that. Now in an age where anyone can become famous, Federline's totally exploiting his marriage to the pop icon Britney Spears by recording some cd. I personally don't care but most of these people have ego's the size of texas. Even Paris Hilton has a cd coming out.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/15/06 at 11:07 pm

I'm disappointed in Dolby for being so petty, but anything to destroy K-Fed.  :P

Written By: Schillingfan on 04/16/06 at 12:40 am

I'm disappointed in Dolby for being so petty, but anything to destroy K-Fed.  :P

Funny thing is, Dolby didn't know about it until somebody informed him about it. Good publicity for Thomas though  :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/16/06 at 1:17 am

This is my favorite part....

"I think Vanilla Ice is a superstar compared to this guy."    ;D

Could it be even remotely possible?  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/16/06 at 1:18 am

Listening to "America's Most Hated" right now.  Would rather have my teeth pulled out.  ;D

Written By: Schillingfan on 04/16/06 at 11:42 am

Listening to "America's Most Hated" right now.  Would rather have my teeth pulled out.  ;D

Bad rapping, I guess?  :)

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 04/16/06 at 1:38 pm

can we name k-fed Capt.Redneck? here I feel so sorry for shar and her kids now brit and her son I am betting he will go to some other major celeb babe and repeat the cycle

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/16/06 at 2:36 pm

There is a God  :o

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/16/06 at 3:15 pm

I think the backlash against Paris Hilton, Jessica Simpson, Lindsay Lohan and their ilk is already beginning...Paris Hilton's album coming out will make her the laughing stock of the country.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/16/06 at 5:13 pm

Bad rapping, I guess?  :)

Just plain bad!  ;D

Written By: Schillingfan on 04/16/06 at 5:25 pm

Just plain bad!  ;D

I thought it was!  ;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/16/06 at 5:27 pm

It is!  ;D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/16/06 at 6:01 pm

If K-Fed was on an airplane, would the person in the seat next to him be so grossed out, they'd have to use the barf bag in their seat pocket?

Written By: Schillingfan on 04/16/06 at 6:02 pm

If K-Fed was on an airplane, would the person in the seat next to him be so grossed out, they'd have to use the barf bag in their seat pocket?

maybe...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/16/06 at 6:03 pm

Federline is worse than either MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, or fakers Milli Vanilli!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/16/06 at 6:04 pm

No..... they would ask to exchange seats, probally.  That's what I would do.  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/16/06 at 6:47 pm

Paris Hilton's album coming out will make her the laughing stock of the country.

She isn't already?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/16/06 at 7:45 pm

She isn't already?

;D

Written By: Schillingfan on 04/16/06 at 10:43 pm

Federline is worse than either MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, or fakers Milli Vanilli!

Milli Vanilli were used only for profit- they originally didn't want to lipsync

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/17/06 at 9:59 pm

Most 'rednecks' I've known have higher moral standards than that skanky Federline.

I'd love to know if he's ever liked NASCAR...because I'd bet NASCAR fans would boo him if he showed up at a Nextel Cup race.

Check for new replies or respond here...