inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who remembers Len? (and other 'embarrasingly early 00s' groups)

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/17/06 at 10:24 am

Late 90s/early 00s (very popular around millenia cusp), mainly known for the hit 'Steal my Sunshine', hip-hop/cross over outfit. Was anyone a big fan? I was sort of a fan back when I was 13  :-[, but I still like 'Steal my Sunshine'. Two other groups which were just as popular were the Vengaboys (a sleazier version of Aqua), and S-Club 7; there was even an S-Club 7 TV show. Both my sisters were really into them. Do you still listen to them for their 'camp' value? Have they become sort of cool because they are so 'uncool' now? In many ways, though I'm ashamed to admit it, I prefer them to today's fare.

Subject: Re: Who remembers Len? (and other 'embarrasingly early 00s' groups)

Written By: Apricot on 04/17/06 at 10:29 am

I actually like those bands musically.. I still listen to that Len song a lot.

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/17/06 at 1:40 pm

Yeah, I like that song...

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/17/06 at 1:53 pm

I still like a lot of music that I listened to in the late '90s and early '00s. Steal My Sunshine is still one of my favorites.

Written By: Daveyd989 on 04/17/06 at 2:19 pm

yaa of course i remember len it was a shame they were a one hit wonder they had a good sound about them.

ohh and anyone remember atc too.

Written By: MtOlivePickles on 04/17/06 at 5:01 pm

"Steal My Sunshine" is on one of my summer mixes. It was HUGE in the summer of 1999.

Anyone remember soulDecision? They sounded kind of like Wham!, only more poppy. If they'd come out with their debut album last year or now, they probably would've been a huge hit.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/17/06 at 5:34 pm

Yeah, I remember those groups.

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/17/06 at 5:56 pm

Yeah, I still like those groups.

Written By: whistledog on 04/17/06 at 6:31 pm

Len were Canadian.  I had high hopes that they would perform better in Canada, but like America, 'Steal My Sunshine' was all they became known for.  A fantastic song still :)

Written By: Apricot on 04/17/06 at 7:51 pm

Anyone remember soulDecision? They sounded kind of like Wham!, only more poppy. If they'd come out with their debut album last year or now, they probably would've been a huge hit.

I remember Soul Decision... I liked them.

Written By: whistledog on 04/17/06 at 8:39 pm

I remember when soulDecision were popular.  They come from British Columbia, so naturally their videos were all over the music channels across Canada

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/22/06 at 1:53 am

Len were actually a two-hit wonder...they also had a hit with 'Alright' - don't know how it charted, but I'm pretty sure it did.

Written By: RheemO on 04/22/06 at 2:07 am

www.lensite.com

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/22/06 at 2:54 am

www.lensite.com

According to Wikipedia, 'Feelin' Alright' peaked at UK #28 in 2000. Had no idea they were around for that long (well I don't really know anything about them except those songs).

Written By: whistledog on 04/22/06 at 2:57 am

Len were actually a two-hit wonder...they also had a hit with 'Alright' - don't know how it charted, but I'm pretty sure it did.

That one was easily forgettable.  Heck, I even forgot about it ;D

Written By: 90sto2000sfanrob on 04/22/06 at 12:27 pm

"Steal my Sunshine" was actually a pretty good song. I aso remember eiffel 65's song "i'm blue" becoming popular around the same time. Both we're mocked endlessly.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/22/06 at 12:30 pm

"Steal my Sunshine" was actually a pretty good song. I aso remember eiffel 65's song "i'm blue" becoming popular around the same time. Both we're mocked endlessly.

The difference was 'Steal my Sunshine' was actually a pretty good song - whereas 'Blue' by Eiffel 65 was pure crap. Thanks for resurrection a memory I did not want resurrected.  :P

Check for new replies or respond here...