inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: fashions and music of the 2010's

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 04/17/06 at 10:47 pm

i think jeans will have a higher rise but no higher then mid rise and music will have a more mature sound kind of like the 90's ( this decade sucks so bad i was only a little kid during the 90's but i miss the simplier times )

Subject: Re: fashions and music of the 2010's

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/18/06 at 12:16 pm

We've already had this thread (by me, king of the threadwhores), alot...but, whatever. I like discussing it. I think the fashion of the '10s will be extremely simple, dark, untailored and uncomplex, and sort of grunge-y or college rock-y. Like think R.E.M in the late '80s and early '90s. Just a similar aesthetic. And the music will probably be more mature, but I think really "noisy" guitar-rock and folk-poppy stuff will come back. I also think sort of neo-folk fashions and a rougher look for guys, less metrosexual, will come in, with less bright colors and less super-designed stuff like the '00s had.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/18/06 at 12:17 pm

^I totally agree. The music of the 2010's will have a much more mature(more stripped down, less glam) sound than 00's music.

Written By: Ebontyne on 04/18/06 at 12:31 pm

How music and fashion changes will largely depend on demographics, right? I mean, pop cultural trends are to a large extent determined by marketing forces; the reason music today is so incredibly puerile, I assume, is because it is marketed almost exclusively toward teenagers and children, who have heft in numbers and a lot of disposable income.

I admit that my knowledge of how these things work is limited, but I think that to know what sort of popular culture there will be in the 2010s -- even if just in broad terms -- it might be useful to take a look at how the population is changing in the '00s. :)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/18/06 at 12:34 pm

How music and fashion changes will largely depend on demographics, right? I mean, pop cultural trends are to a large extent determined by marketing forces; the reason music today is so incredibly puerile, I assume, is because it is marketed almost exclusively toward teenagers and children, who have heft in numbers and a lot of disposable income.

I admit that my knowledge of how these things work is limited, but I think that to know what sort of popular culture there will be in the 2010s -- even if just in broad terms -- it might be useful to take a looksee at how the population is changing in the '00s. :)

Oh totally. It's really impossible to predict what pop culture will be like in the future, but I think 2010's pop culture will be somewhat reflective of the 90's because of 90's notsalgia. Just like the 80's in the 00's.

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/18/06 at 2:23 pm

Less teenagers, for one, based on US birthrates, and more twentysomethings and thirtysomethings.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/18/06 at 3:44 pm

Less teenagers, for one, based on US birthrates, and more twentysomethings and thirtysomethings.

I hope this doesn't mean the '00s will stay around  ::)  Of course by then many people will probably outgrow the glam rap and the emo kids will cheer up.  I think the Tens will be culturally hugely different from the '90s and '00s, but with the same basic genres of music, fashion, etc.  For instance, you'll still have straight hair, alt rock, hip hop, etc, but it will be very unlike the '90s and '00s in how it's set up.

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/18/06 at 4:10 pm

I hope this doesn't mean the '00s will stay around  ::)  Of course by then many people will probably outgrow the glam rap and the emo kids will cheer up.  I think the Tens will be culturally hugely different from the '90s and '00s, but with the same basic genres of music, fashion, etc.  For instance, you'll still have straight hair, alt rock, hip hop, etc, but it will be very unlike the '90s and '00s in how it's set up.

I think the barrier between alt rock and mainstream rock will break down in the mid-late 2010s, and hip-hop will become underground. Black music will probably have revivals of alot of older genres after alt-hop dies, and will invent something totally new that will dominate the 2020s partially. Hell, Gen X is in smaller numbers by far than the boomers, and yet the '80s happened. The '00s won't stick around.

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 04/18/06 at 8:10 pm

i feel like this decade has been so candy coated because this really is a dark time in history with terroism but when you turn on the tv its all these campy reailty tv shows and hilary duff smiling all up in the camera with her horse teeth singing her poppy little songs and whats up with the low rise jeans girls it cant be that comfortable with your buttcrack hanging out and it isnt very sexy

Written By: whistledog on 04/18/06 at 8:21 pm

The 2010's are not here yet, so unless you got a Crystal Ball ...

Written By: genxdude on 04/19/06 at 2:04 am

shane this decade is VERY candy coated....with all thats going on our pop culture is not reflective of reality....and in response to what u said earlier...i was a kid in the 80s, teen in the 90s...i thought the 90s sucked ass compared to the 80s but i guess thats just perception...i think the 2010s will have a 90s retro element, but at the same time the 2010s will most likely be a post war era...which will not be bland like the 90s...just like the 50s....and the 80s...50s being post WWII  80s being post vietnam....even now we have 80s retro but this decade is NOTHING like the 80s....i think the predominate music will still be hiphop....rock will become to the generation being born what jazz was to my generation.....i think hiphop will become more electronic but with more depth less glam...perhaps a blend of techno and hiphop....

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/19/06 at 6:03 am

shane this decade is VERY candy coated....with all thats going on our pop culture is not reflective of reality....and in response to what u said earlier...i was a kid in the 80s, teen in the 90s...i thought the 90s sucked ass compared to the 80s but i guess thats just perception...i think the 2010s will have a 90s retro element, but at the same time the 2010s will most likely be a post war era...which will not be bland like the 90s...just like the 50s....and the 80s...50s being post WWII  80s being post vietnam....even now we have 80s retro but this decade is NOTHING like the 80s....i think the predominate music will still be hiphop....rock will become to the generation being born what jazz was to my generation.....i think hiphop will become more electronic but with more depth less glam...perhaps a blend of techno and hiphop....

There are enough rock fans that hip-hop will not dominate, if it was to dominate it already would have. Jazz's domination period was like the '20s to the early '50s,  rock's from the mid-50s to the mid-80s about purely, and rock and hip-hop codominating from the late '80s on.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/19/06 at 2:06 pm

There are enough rock fans that hip-hop will not dominate, if it was to dominate it already would have. Jazz's domination period was like the '20s to the early '50s,  rock's from the mid-50s to the mid-80s about purely, and rock and hip-hop codominating from the late '80s on.

I will rock will overtake hip hop again around 2015, based on what happened to rock in the mid '90s.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/19/06 at 2:22 pm

I will rock will overtake hip hop again around 2015, based on what happened to rock in the mid '90s.

I think roughly 2013. Glam rap's major influence on pop culture will start to die down a little in about 2008.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/19/06 at 3:05 pm

I think roughly 2013. Glam rap's major influence on pop culture will start to die down a little in about 2008.

I agree.  My theory is that around 2012 hip hop will have an "alternative boom", and a few years after that will become a very popular secondary taste to rock and roll.

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 04/19/06 at 3:30 pm

i think singing styles like mariah carey's and whitney houston will become more popular agian because you can tell from the way american idol has blown up and mariah carey's come back but i think AC rock will be the most popular because if you look at the hot 100 chart its taking over

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/19/06 at 3:38 pm

Yeah, 2012-2013 sounds about right. What do you think will happen to hip hop in between 2008 and 2012, and what will replace rap as mainstream urban music later in the 2010s? Or will it remain mainstream urban music? I sort of have the inkling black music will come up with a new form, as it does every few decades (funk and disco in the '70s, rap and modern "R&B" in the '80s)...

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/19/06 at 3:40 pm

Yeah, 2012-2013 sounds about right. What do you think will happen to hip hop in between 2008 and 2012, and what will replace rap as mainstream urban music later in the 2010s? Or will it remain mainstream urban music? I sort of have the inkling black music will come up with a new form, as it does every few decades (funk and disco in the '70s, rap and modern "R&B" in the '80s)...

I'm thinking synth/electro rap is going to be the next hot thing, along with "intelligent" hip hop.  This will probably be in the 2012-2015 timeframe.  Glam rap will die around 2011-12 I'd say.

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/19/06 at 3:46 pm

I'm thinking synth/electro rap is going to be the next hot thing, along with "intelligent" hip hop.  This will probably be in the 2012-2015 timeframe.  Glam rap will die around 2011-12 I'd say.

I'm thinking funk rock might come back.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/19/06 at 3:52 pm

I'm thinking funk rock might come back.

Maybe.  The Chili Peppers just came back.

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 04/19/06 at 4:32 pm

i think more rappers like kanye west will come along if people dont get sick of him(which i know alot of people who are)

i think rap will have a more simple sound to its beats and more east coast and west cost rappers because all the music coming out of the south sounds the same because they all basically use the same producers and only wanna talk about butts

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/19/06 at 4:44 pm

Maybe.  The Chili Peppers just came back.

I think maybe people will start looking to pre-rap stuff like funk, soul, and disco, and maybe some late '80s-early '90s R&B, club music, and freestyle, and maybe hybrid it with some hip-hop influence to create a new form of music. Maybe disco will return. Every other decade seems to have a dance craze (disco in the '70s, techno/rave in the '90s, maybe something else in the '10s.)

I'm pretty damn sick of Kanye West and how hot he thinks he is. To me, he seems to be the biggest thing of 2005-2006. Maybe Midwestern rap will come out.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/19/06 at 4:59 pm

Maybe Midwestern rap will come out.

Atmosphere, it's just a ten letter word.

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/19/06 at 5:00 pm

Atmosphere, it's just a ten letter word.

I mean like Chicago and Detroit and Milwaukee, not Des Moines  :D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/19/06 at 5:01 pm

I mean like Chicago and Detroit and Milwaukee, not Des Moines  :D

;D

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/19/06 at 6:28 pm

I think Glam rap will die a sudden death like hair metal did around 2011 or so and by 2013 will be totally of the charts. I agree that it'll be replaced by some kind of "alternative" hip-hop.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/19/06 at 7:12 pm

I think Glam rap will die a sudden death like hair metal did around 2011 or so and by 2013 will be totally of the charts. I agree that it'll be replaced by some kind of "alternative" hip-hop.

Definitely.  Probably some sort underground sound, or maybe Kanye West sort of stuff (I really hope not  ;D).

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/19/06 at 8:08 pm

Definitely.  Probably some sort underground sound, or maybe Kanye West sort of stuff (I really hope not  ;D).

Kanye West will be lumped in with that glam rap (I do hate him and think he's a pompous bastard, though.)

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 04/19/06 at 9:28 pm

i think disco will make a come back in some kinda form i can see it maybe blending with rap in sorta weird may or maybe im just high

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/19/06 at 9:32 pm

i think disco will make a come back in some kinda form i can see it maybe blending with rap in sorta weird may or maybe im just high

I can see some blend of old-school, 1990ish hip-hop with disco and funk rock a la P-Funk and maybe some elements of synth rock and soul and becoming extremely popular.

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 04/20/06 at 10:37 am

the music industry needs to try harder to find better voices the 2000's have very few REAL SINGERS and most of the real singers started out in the 90's

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/20/06 at 12:24 pm

the music industry needs to try harder to find better voices the 2000's have very few REAL SINGERS and most of the real singers started out in the 90's

Yeah, the '00s are similar to the early-mid '80s in the lack of real "voices." The '90s had Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, Toni Braxton, Sade, Anita Baker...

Written By: Ebontyne on 04/20/06 at 1:28 pm

I hope pop music returns to a focus on melody rather than beat/rhythm... I doubt it will though, due to hip-hop's influence.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/20/06 at 2:07 pm

I hope pop music returns to a focus on melody rather than beat/rhythm... I doubt it will though, due to hip-hop's influence.

I agree. I miss CHORDS and TONES!  ;D

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 04/20/06 at 2:40 pm

celine dion is such a cheese ball but everytime i hear her song its all coming back to me it gives me chills

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/20/06 at 7:18 pm

I agree. I miss CHORDS and TONES!  ;D

Dont we all? ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/20/06 at 8:41 pm

Dont we all? ;D

;D

Written By: yelimsexa on 05/28/09 at 11:27 am

BUMP.

Now that three years have passed and the new decade is "within reach", there will likely be a different reaction. The last post was before the recession began and housing/economy was at it's zenith. Unfortunately, I think mainstream music will pretty much fizzle out that decade as people are so personalized with social media, they just want their personal freedom. The vinyl revivial that began a couple years ago should continue into the new decade as more young people discover the power of 50s-80s music through vinyl records. Clubbing will be completely personal. When autotune pop dies sometime in 2010-11, there won't be much to replace it; popular music as a whole has pretty much run its course; the classic artists from the 80s-90s may continue to generate sales, a mix of CDs early on and MP3, but given the tumltuous state of the music industry, there will unlikely be any quality mainstream material.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/28/09 at 11:52 am

Like yelimsexa said, The Golden Age of popular music 50'-90's is over! All good things come to an end.

But I think that the 2010's will the last time the 21st Century feels 20th Century and by 2020 we will feel that we are in a whole new era. I predict technology will stay the same until 2020.

I believe that the fashion will be the same until the late 2010's when things start to feel more futuristic.

Written By: Kyle23 on 06/04/09 at 7:53 pm

I think the 2010s sound has come in already.  This Auto-Tune pop has a futuristic sound to it and there a lot of dance/electronica in music. Lady Gaga and Kevin Rudolf definitely has the 2010s sound, and any new electropop artist such as Hilary Duff.  The lighter synths and more richer harmonies and intricate synth effects is the 2010s.

Written By: Kyle23 on 06/04/09 at 7:55 pm

Listen to Shiny Toy Guns...they have a 2010s sound to it and Mute Math has about 2020.

Written By: 90steen on 06/05/09 at 6:51 pm

I predict technology will stay the same until 2020.

I always thought Myspace would go down in history as a 2000's thing and there'd be something different in the 2010's.

Now, every kid has an ipod touch and/or a sidekick. Which really rised this year. Couple years ago sidekicks were pretty expensive and just regular cell phones is what everyone had.

Written By: whistledog on 06/05/09 at 7:50 pm

Listen to Shiny Toy Guns...they have a 2010s sound to it and Mute Math has about 2020.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7660/threadpollutionum8.jpg

Written By: anabel on 06/05/09 at 8:07 pm

WOW!  Oh, Kyle23,  knower of the future, surely you must have already been there to know such things...can you also tell me, did I marry Prince Charming?  Is my son in College, and if so, is he partying too much? I must know!

Written By: sofia on 09/08/09 at 5:55 pm

do ou think rock will stop being mainstream ? :\'(

Written By: sofia on 09/08/09 at 6:00 pm

is it gonna be the new jazz ?

Written By: ya know on 09/17/09 at 2:49 am

im thinking something like grunge-blues will be the next thing.

Written By: yelimsexa on 09/17/09 at 3:15 pm

Maybe some lyrics of rap/hip-hop songs will be recycled into other genres so they could sound better (a rock version, a country verison, a jazz/blues version, a soul version).

Written By: whistledog on 09/17/09 at 7:59 pm

im thinking something like grunge-blues will be the next thing.

http://www.buffettworld.com/forum/forumimages/AWESOME_gay.jpg

Written By: Jessica on 09/17/09 at 8:59 pm

http://www.buffettworld.com/forum/forumimages/AWESOME_gay.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/richard-simmons.jpg

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/17/09 at 10:22 pm

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but...

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/499/thisthreadisgayal2.jpg

Written By: whistledog on 09/17/09 at 10:23 pm

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but...

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/499/thisthreadisgayal2.jpg

http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs32/f/2008/231/e/0/Totallee_Ghey_by_MicaSilverwind.gif

Written By: Jessica on 09/17/09 at 10:26 pm

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/hasselhoffli0.gif

Written By: whistledog on 09/17/09 at 10:36 pm

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/hasselhoffli0.gif

Seven Nation Hasselhoff.  I forgot about him ;D

It's funnier with music (that is totally unrelated) ...
http://thehoffman.ytmnd.com/

or
http://hoffagain.ytmnd.com/

:D

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 09/20/09 at 6:52 pm

I think big hair on women may possibly come back. Not hairsprayed mess type big hair, but more old hollywood type big hair. Or just just generally well done type big hair that doesn't look like a total mess.

There has to something new in music. This is the worst decade ever for mainstream music. Nothing has evolved musically in 10-12 years really.

Written By: semipunk93 on 08/30/10 at 12:56 am

alternative's been around for too long if you ask me. it was great in the 90s but it's kind of like having a girlfriend and trying to stay with her even though you know things aren't working out. my guess is that indie's going to be big with the rise of mp3s and such, and alternative will return to the underground and be truly alternative like it was in the 80s.

Written By: tnf on 09/05/10 at 1:23 am

I think big hair on women may possibly come back. Not hairsprayed mess type big hair, but more old hollywood type big hair. Or just just generally well done type big hair that doesn't look like a total mess.

Nothing has evolved musically in 10-12 years really.

I would say... since 2004/2005, except the autotune trend (which I really hate). Mainstream music has stagnated since then, besides that trend.

I think stagnation isn't bad if there's still enough good music, though. But sometimes that seems doubtable.  ::)

Written By: Emman on 09/05/10 at 2:03 am

Well at least in the US, I would say music has changed alot since 2004/2005, in fact, probably more than music changed between 1995 and 2000. Hip hop/rap dominated mainstream music back then, now it would be VERY VERY HARD to imagine artist like 50 Cent, Ying Yang Twins having top 40 hits(to save their lives  ;D). You could say music has "stagnated" since late 2008 when electropop exploded in popularity, but it seems rather strange and inaccurate to say that music has been the same since 2004/2005, plus there was WAAAAAAAAAY more rock and regular R&B being played along side the bling bling rap, now it is almost all techno-R&B, electropop, and some alternative/emo-ish rap in 2010, music may not be better, but it sure has changed ALOT in a matter of 3, 4 years.

Written By: Brian06 on 09/05/10 at 2:23 am

Well at least in the US, I would say music has changed alot since 2004/2005, in fact, probably more than music changed between 1995 and 2000. Hip hop/rap dominated mainstream music back then, now it would be VERY VERY HARD to imagine artist like 50 Cent, Ying Yang Twins having top 40 hits(to save their lives  ;D). You could say music has "stagnated" since late 2008 when electropop exploded in popularity, but it seems rather strange and inaccurate to say that music has been the same since 2004/2005, plus there was WAAAAAAAAAY more rock and regular R&B being played along side the bling bling rap, now it is almost all techno-R&B, electropop, and some alternative/emo-ish rap in 2010, music may not be better, but it sure has changed ALOT in a matter of 3, 4 years.

Yeah I agree. Everything is always changing.

Written By: tnf on 09/05/10 at 2:41 am

Well at least in the US, I would say music has changed alot since 2004/2005, in fact, probably more than music changed between 1995 and 2000. Hip hop/rap dominated mainstream music back then, now it would be VERY VERY HARD to imagine artist like 50 Cent, Ying Yang Twins having top 40 hits(to save their lives  ;D). You could say music has "stagnated" since late 2008 when electropop exploded in popularity, but it seems rather strange and inaccurate to say that music has been the same since 2004/2005, plus there was WAAAAAAAAAY more rock and regular R&B being played along side the bling bling rap, now it is almost all techno-R&B, electropop, and some alternative/emo-ish rap in 2010, music may not be better, but it sure has changed ALOT in a matter of 3, 4 years.

O.k., I was talking about the Dutch situation.

Since 2005, the charts over here are filled with:

-Sneakerz like dance music (Sneakerz is a typical Dutch phenomenon, maybe it's better to call it 'electro house'). Like Fedde Le Grand's Put your hands up for Detroit. The trend started in 2004/2005.
-...or Swedish house maffia music, started in the same period, a little bit similar to the Sneakerz style. At the moment Swedish House Maffia - One is in our charts. Yeah, an act named after the style.  :)
-A trance like hit from time to time (at the moment it's Tim Berg - Bromance).
-Pop/rock in a Nickelback like style.
-Some r&b or hiphop hits.
-Eurodance like music like Cascada, Lasgo or David Guetta.
-Typical Dutch idols like Jan Smit and Frans Bauer (almost nobody knows them outside of the Netherlands, Belgium or Germany). Or a little bit more serious - but VERY save - Dutch spoken pop like Guus Meeuwis and Marco Borsato.
-Some tracks in the style of Mohombi's hit 'Bumpy ride'. A trend started by Bob Sinclair in 2005/2006.

The only big changes:
-A temporary trend called 'jumpstyle' in 2007. Lasting just a couple of months, so that doesn't really count.
-The autotune/over-synthesized trend from the last couple of years, which also changed the sound of r&b/hiphop a little bit.

Besides, that, mainstream musical styles in The Netherlands seem to repeat themselves constantly.

Our best selling records of the moment, by the way:
http://www.dutchcharts.nl/weekchart.asp?cat=s
And our official biggest music chart, The Top 40, with airplay and such things involved:
http://www.top40.nl/index.aspx?&jaar=2010&maand=8&week=35

Written By: Emman on 09/05/10 at 3:09 am

O.k., I was talking about the Dutch situation.

Since 2005, the charts over here are filled with:

-Sneakerz like dance music (Sneakerz is a typical Dutch phenomenon, maybe it's better to call it 'electro house'). Like Fedde Le Grand's Put your hands up for Detroit. The trend started in 2004/2005.
-...or Swedish house maffia music, started in the same period, a little bit similar to the Sneakerz style. At the moment Swedish House Maffia - One is in our charts. Yeah, an act named after the style.  :)
-A trance like hit from time to time (at the moment it's Tim Berg - Bromance).
-Pop/rock in a Nickelback like style.
-Some r&b or hiphop hits.
-Eurodance like music like Cascada, Lasgo or David Guetta.
-Typical Dutch idols like Jan Smit and Frans Bauer (almost nobody knows them outside of the Netherlands, Belgium or Germany). Or a little bit more serious - but VERY save - Dutch spoken pop like Guus Meeuwis and Marco Borsato.
-Some tracks in the style of Mohombi's hit 'Bumpy ride'. A trend started by Bob Sinclair in 2005/2006.

The only big changes:
-A temporary trend called 'jumpstyle' in 2007. Lasting just a couple of months, so that doesn't really count.
-The autotune/over-synthesized trend from the last couple of years, which also changed the sound of r&b/hiphop a little bit.

Besides, that, mainstream musical styles in The Netherlands seem to repeat themselves constantly.

Our best selling records of the moment, by the way:
http://www.dutchcharts.nl/weekchart.asp?cat=s
And our official biggest music chart, The Top 40, with airplay and such things involved:
http://www.top40.nl/index.aspx?&jaar=2010&maand=8&week=35

Overall in the US, it seems european style pure dance music(David Guetta, Tiesto) is increasing, almost side stepping the electropop trend, music that in your country that has been popular for years mainstream american listeners are just starting to get into, thinking it is all so new(especially the really young ones).

Written By: Howard on 09/05/10 at 6:38 am

I see more scantily clad women in string bikinis,that's fashion in my mind in 2010 and beyond.  ;)

Written By: Mat1991 on 10/11/10 at 9:42 pm

I think that the current fads (grunge shirts, graphic tees, skinny jeans, etc...) will continue into the early years of the 2010s before giving rise to an entirely new set of fads. I also think that electro/dance club music will continue into the early years of the '10s until it also wears itself out. That sort of thing happens with every decade - the fads of the latter years of a certain decade drag on into the early years of the next decade until they completely go out of style.

Written By: Woodoow on 01/07/12 at 2:44 pm

If you want to know what 2010s music will be like, just start your own, and you'll see it  ;) .

Check for new replies or respond here...