inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Gilbert Gottfried Leads List of 100 Unsexiest Men

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/18/06 at 4:08 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12190404/

Others I wound add:

Dick Cheney
Bernie Mac
The President of Iran
Ed McMahon
G. Gordon Liddy
Brad Garrett
Chris Elliot

What are some of yours?

I called in a radio program many years ago. The DJ's were asking for men that were the Least Sexiest Men Alive (in light of People Magazine's annual "Sexiest Man Alive" issue). And Gilbert Gottfried was one of those I answered. I guess this poll confirms it. ;D ;D ;D 

Subject: Re: Gilbert Gottfried Leads List of 100 Unsexiest Men

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/18/06 at 5:46 pm

What about David Letterman, Carrot Top, Don King and Ray Romano?

Written By: Schillingfan on 04/18/06 at 5:59 pm

I agree with Chad Kroeger- really really bad haircut as well!

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/18/06 at 6:38 pm

I agree with all, but Brad Garrett and Peter Boyle are way less sexy than Ray Romano. ;)
What about David Letterman, Carrot Top, Don King and Ray Romano?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/18/06 at 6:40 pm

What about Michael Bolton?

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/19/06 at 9:21 am

Yes, and also Jack Black.
What about Michael Bolton?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/19/06 at 9:41 am

Alan Colmes made the list, but it's not nice to pick on the mentally handicapped!

Did Joe Lieberman make the list?  What about Michale Moore?

I don't see why G. Gordon made the list. Ain't he sexy in his own way, if you like an old shaven head, walrus moustached, psychopathic former Dutchess County prosecuter, former FBI, sneaky-azz Nixon White House "plumber" Watergate ex-con who threatens trespassers with machetes and advocates shooting federal agents in the head, who feels John Dean eating his brain after 31 years...
Sorry I'm rambling...but Liddy's not so bad lookin' is he?
:P

Written By: La Roche on 04/19/06 at 9:48 am

090. Lemmy Kilmister

BASTARDS!!

093. Ric Flair

To be the man.. WOOO!.. You gotta get rid of them man boobs.

054. Drew Carey

Oh great.. 'cus he's not my flipping look a like  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/19/06 at 9:58 am

How about Ozzy Osbourne?

Written By: La Roche on 04/19/06 at 10:01 am

How about Ozzy Osbourne?

Don't make me get medievil on your ass McBain!

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 04/19/06 at 10:36 am

gilbert godfried is annyoing and his voice is irrtating

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/19/06 at 10:43 am

Gilbert can be funny.  He said something hilarious on "I Love The 80's" but I can't remember what it was now.

#1 on that list should be STEVE BUSCEMI.......  ewwwwwwwwww    :o

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/22/06 at 6:20 pm

He didn't make the list (or at least I didn't see his name). In my opinion, he should just be there. Knowing your sarcastic sense of humor, Jamie, I believe you were making a funny. ;D

I don't see why G. Gordon made the list.  :P

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/22/06 at 8:53 pm

AHHHH! CARROT TOP!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray Romano isn't THAT bad, is he?

Written By: whistledog on 04/22/06 at 9:00 pm

How about Lyle Lovett?

Flava Flav

Richard Kiel (aka Jaws from the late 70's James Bond films)
http://www.sweatpantserection.com/stories/img/47/richard_kiel_jaws.jpg http://www.richardkiel.com/rkcolor.jpg

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/22/06 at 9:03 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: whistledog on 04/22/06 at 9:04 pm

He looks like that giant on 'Happy Gilmore'. Do you know if he is?

That was him yes :)

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/22/06 at 9:08 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: zcrito on 04/23/06 at 12:37 pm

Who comes up with lists like this anyway? Are they trying to be humorous or just plain cruel ? If they're males that come up with these lists then is this what Gay people do in their spare time?

It's just plain sexist and cruel.

Worthless magazines come up with this stuff and worthless news agencies eagerly pick up and print and run the story.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/23/06 at 6:17 pm

Who comes up with lists like this anyway? Are they trying to be humorous or just plain cruel ? If they're males that come up with these lists then is this what Gay people do in their spare time?

Worthless magazines come up with this stuff and worthless news agencies eagerly pick up and print and run the story.

Maybe that's why Indygent wrote:

Others I wound add:

The celebrity gossip industry is catty, cruel, and incalculably stupid. I don't know if you bother to glance at the headlines of the supermarket tabloids, but that's what it's all about. To paraphrase Gore Vidal, it is a barrel with no bottom.

The Boston Phoenix has been pretending to be beantown's Village Voice for 25 years, but it has never been much more than a birdcage liner. It has been getting ever stupider since the early '90s. I doubt anyone who is
a. Over the age of 25
b. has half a brain and a modicum of taste
reads the Phoenix anymore. Maybe they pick it up for the back section if they're in the market for a male hooker.
::) :P

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/23/06 at 8:19 pm

NASCAR's ugliest:
Jimmy Spencer...acts like a friggin' moron sometimes, even Tony Stewart has never broken another driver's nose. And Spencer tried to interfere with cops to keep his son from being arrested for DWI....

Kurt Busch.....IMO, a real ingrate. Had the nerve to try to use his fame and fortune to escape a DWI bust. Roush Racing suspended him and then got rid of him. He's Roger Penske's and Ryan Newman's problem now...

Sean Hannity...he's got an ugly mug to match his ugly attitude.

Bill Gates...needs a major makeover. Lose the nerdy clothes, Bill, and stop monopolizing everything that has to do with computers!(But being the richest SOB in America would admittedly be pretty cool!)

Rush Limbaugh. Still an ugly man even though he's lost weight. He treats women like dirt!

Ray Nagin..trying to be a sexy bald guy. None of Telly Savalas' charm though....

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/24/06 at 5:54 am

Yeah it seems quite harmless on the surface, but some sensitive people (yes, even celebrities) can't cope with it. Most of them, however, would have developed a hard-enough skin after dealing with this sort of thing time and time again.

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/24/06 at 12:03 pm

LOL, Max! ;D ;D

BTW, that WAS a typo. :-\\

But seriously, I do believe there is a double standard on these lists. You never see People do a "Sexiest Woman Alive". And if there was a list of the 100 Unsexiest Women, there might be a riot by women's rights' groups. The sad truth is, the majority of Americans are amused by pop culture, which is what this is. Nothing more, nothing less.   :-\\ 
Maybe that's why Indygent wrote:

Written By: Schillingfan on 04/24/06 at 12:19 pm

Pop/Rock music's least sexiest:

Marc Terenzi- Married to German (mostly Irish/American) singer Sarah Connor and his music doesn't sound great either. I turned off one of the samples to songs in probably 2 minutes cause it didn't sound great. Now he has a god-awful partial mohawk sans a partially shaved head! This guy isn't German, he's from USA and was in a boy band

Written By: Schillingfan on 04/24/06 at 12:21 pm

LOL, Max! ;D ;D

BTW, that WAS a typo. :-\\

But seriously, I do believe there is a double standard on these lists. You never see People do a "Sexiest Woman Alive". And if there was a list of the 100 Unsexiest Women, there might be a riot by women's rights' groups. The sad truth is, the majority of Americans are amused by pop culture, which is what this is. Nothing more, nothing less.   :-\\ 

FHM has 100 Unsexiest Women's lists and I haven't heard about women's rights groups rioting about it

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/24/06 at 5:35 pm

I didn't read that issue, and I assume the women's rights' members haven't read it yet. ;)
FHM has 100 Unsexiest Women's lists and I haven't heard about women's rights groups rioting about it

Written By: Schillingfan on 04/24/06 at 6:55 pm

I didn't read that issue, and I assume the women's rights' members haven't read it yet. ;)

I'm guessing they probably don't care... :)

Written By: shadowy_starr on 04/24/06 at 7:05 pm

What's really sad is that Gilbert Gottfreid is more unsexy than Osama Bin Ladin. ;D.....he's #8 I think

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/24/06 at 7:08 pm

;D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/25/06 at 9:18 pm

What about the character that Gottfried is the voice of, the Aflac duck? That duck is better looking than he is!

I wonder if Bill 'Mr. Billionaire Nerd' Gates made the Unsexiest Men list!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/25/06 at 9:21 pm

George W. Bush is really ugly! So was Bill Clinton!

Written By: JuFrq on 04/25/06 at 10:24 pm

This list really ticks me off.  The only people who would find a list like this humerous are Snobby 14 Year Old Girls from the Valley

Think about it, what is the use of making a list like this?  The only reason someone would make a list like this is so that when people read it, they laugh.  There is no other motive in it, except for just plain making fun of these people so we can laugh at them and call them ugly.  It's pathetic and it really pisses me off

Of course though, now a days the world is full of Snobby idiots who love stuff like this and eat it up and just love to tease other people.  I sometimes wonder how any of you actually have friends with your snobby attitudes

No wonder I mourne for the 80's and 90's.  Atleast EMO Music and Rap Music wasn't such an influence on 14 year old girls to turn them into unbearable twits who think they are better than everyone else

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/25/06 at 10:34 pm

I dunno...I can't come right out and just call someone "ugly"....I am the type that can usually find something attractive in MOST people.  Ever notice, it's usually the "ugly" people that get off telling others that they are "ugly". ::)

Written By: whistledog on 04/25/06 at 10:38 pm

The people that compile these lists are probably ugly themselves, so they make these lists to turn attention away from their ugliness  ::)

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/26/06 at 11:43 am

The people hear aren't making the distintion between "ugly" and "unsexy". I would call Paula Abdul unsexy because of her behavior on "American Idol". Even Brad Pitt made #100. Nothing ugly about him, right?!![quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: zcrito on 04/26/06 at 8:59 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,18875.0.html

;D
::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/27/06 at 8:05 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,18875.0.html

;D
::)

good one! ;)

Written By: Gil on 04/27/06 at 7:56 pm

This is just a sign of how low our culture is.  I guess its supposed to be okay because they decided to make as performers.  Money and fame makes them not human, you know, so it's okay to insult them.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/30/06 at 6:38 am

good one! ;)

We wouldn't be human otherwise. Imperfection is the definition of humanity.

Check for new replies or respond here...