inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is the Internet destroying/Americanizing other cultures?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/19/06 at 4:31 pm

On one hand, it brings other cultures into other countries, but the American bias I think is dangerous to other societies.  However, I do think that culture will prevail.

Subject: Re: Is the Internet destroying/Americanizing other cultures?

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/19/06 at 4:48 pm

Culture will prevail. Hell, it's prevailed over worse things than message boards.

Subject: Re: Is the Internet destroying/Americanizing other cultures?

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/21/06 at 9:09 am

I don't know how I survived it, but I did. Three days without my daily inthe00s.com hit and I'm still in one piece (thank the Lord)...

...no seriously, for the past few days my 'regular' visits were bordering on obsession. Since I didn't have lectures, I'd lurk around the boards most of the day just waiting for velvetoneo/clodbuster or Donnie Darko to reply to my message  ;). But anyway, getting off topic here (well, it is still sort of on topic).

I don't think the internet is 'destroying' or really has an impact on American or any other culture. Sure, it shapes cultural trends (e.g. the way we communicate), but I don't see how the internet really touches stuff like music, fashion, history, heritage...But then again I'm not too sure if the internet is truly relevant to 'Culture' as such.

Check for new replies or respond here...