inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cheesy videos of the 2000s

Written By: Schillingfan on 04/20/06 at 8:22 pm

My Choices:

Bounce by Sarah Connor

- This is one of those good songs that come with a not-so-good video. In the video, Sarah gets some kind of revenge on her boyfriend for cheating on her by ruining his car (Sarah! That's just as bad as trashing his place!) and the car breaks in so many places that in one part of the video- he's driving sans a door. She also dances on top of a car a la Britney Spears in Spears's My Prerogative video and does some dancing to the point that she really needs to have someone else do it for her...

Rumors and that Father To Daughter video by Lindsay Lohan

- Lindsay, do you really think we feel sorry for you? Your problems are not that important to us and about the paparazzi problem of yours- you will be followed around by the photographers no matter what, so get over it already!

Subject: Re: Cheesy videos of the 2000s

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/20/06 at 8:42 pm

Panic! At the Disco - I Write Sins, Not Tragedies
Dance, Dance - Fall out Boy
Fireman - Lil Wayne

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/20/06 at 8:44 pm

My Choices:

Bounce by Sarah Connor

- This is one of those good songs that come with a not-so-good video. In the video, Sarah gets some kind of revenge on her boyfriend for cheating on her by ruining his car (Sarah! That's just as bad as trashing his place!) and the car breaks in so many places that in one part of the video- he's driving sans a door. She also dances on top of a car a la Britney Spears in Spears's My Prerogative video and does some dancing to the point that she really needs to have someone else do it for her...

Rumors and that Father To Daughter video by Lindsay Lohan

- Lindsay, do you really think we feel sorry for you? Your problems are not that important to us and about the paparazzi problem of yours- you will be followed around by the photographers no matter what, so get over it already!

I liked that Bounce song back in 2004, lol. Lohan sucks, I hate her now.

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/20/06 at 8:46 pm

Ms. New Booty- Bubba Sparxxx = ultimate cheesy

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/20/06 at 8:46 pm

Ms. New Booty- Bubba Sparxxx = ultimate cheesy

;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/20/06 at 8:48 pm

;D

That song is the biggest load of crap, it makes Grillz look like a masterpiece. Bubba really sucks, worst rapper along with D4L. The song/video is good for a laugh though.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/20/06 at 8:50 pm

That song is the biggest load of crap, it makes Grillz look like a masterpiece. Bubba really sucks, worst rapper along with D4L. The song/video is good for a laugh though.

As bad as that song is, I was actually going to say I still think it's more valid than "Grillz".  At least it's a sex song; there's no excuse for rapping about those STUPID TEETH!  ;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/20/06 at 8:52 pm

As bad as that song is, I was actually going to say I still think it's more valid than "Grillz".  At least it's a sex song; there's no excuse for rapping about those STUPID TEETH!  ;D

;D. I'd give Nelly the nod over Bubba because at least he's had some ok songs in the past, Bubba has always totally sucked, never liked him.

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/20/06 at 8:54 pm

Run It!- Chris Brown video is also very cheesy. Chris Brown is so lame.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/20/06 at 8:58 pm

;D. I'd give Nelly the nod over Bubba because at least he's had some ok songs in the past, Bubba has always totally sucked, never liked him.

I think Nelly is better than Bubba.  But I can't make excuses for Grillz, but still I think it's enjoyably cheesy  ;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/20/06 at 8:59 pm

I think Nelly is better than Bubba.  But I can't make excuses for Grillz, but still I think it's enjoyably cheesy  ;D

Yea I know, it was on the radio before. My dad and I were laughing listening to it. It's so stupid it's funny.  ;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/20/06 at 9:01 pm

The Laffy Taffy video is also obviously very cheesy, thankfully I think we've heard the last of the so called rappers D4L.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/20/06 at 9:03 pm

The Laffy Taffy video is also obviously very cheesy, thankfully I think we've heard the last of the so called rappers D4L.

;D

I also hate the Ying Yang Twins. Whisper rapping isn't genius, it's stupid.

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 04/20/06 at 9:52 pm

in da club

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/20/06 at 9:53 pm

Hot In Herre as well.

Written By: Schillingfan on 04/20/06 at 9:59 pm

I liked that Bounce song back in 2004, lol. Lohan sucks, I hate her now.

I like her songs "Bounce" and her other one "Zero To Hero"- since they're the only good ones she made, otherwise else- her songs share the same similar beat and sound on each album- her christmas album not included because I haven't heard all the samples...

Written By: Electric Youth on 04/20/06 at 10:01 pm

Any emo video
Any current rap video
Anything from Disney Channel

Written By: Electric Youth on 04/20/06 at 10:02 pm

Forgot: Any current pop video  ::)  :P

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/20/06 at 10:03 pm

Oh yea and that new Fall Out Boy video. A little less sixteen candles, a little more touch me I think it is, very cheesy and I don't like the song either.

Written By: Schillingfan on 04/20/06 at 10:46 pm

Oh yea and that new Fall Out Boy video. A little less sixteen candles, a little more touch me I think it is, very cheesy and I don't like the song either.

That Sugar We're Going Down one ended up on Fromage 05

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/20/06 at 10:47 pm

Grillz

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/20/06 at 11:10 pm

Grillz

Very cheesy.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 04/20/06 at 11:30 pm

Here are two great songs within the last 2 years with very cheesy videos.  They both feature hot babes in bathing suits on the beach, but even that can't save these videos from the cheese factor :D

I'll Be Ready - Sunblock

My My My - Armand Van Helden

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/21/06 at 9:03 am

Top 40, rap, hip-hop...all very cheesy.

Written By: Schillingfan on 04/21/06 at 5:46 pm

Top 40, rap, hip-hop...all very cheesy.

I agree!

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/21/06 at 5:48 pm

Unfortunately I'm addicted to a lot of the cheesy top 40 stuff, though I listen to other stuff as well.

Written By: Schillingfan on 04/21/06 at 6:24 pm

Unfortunately I'm addicted to a lot of the cheesy top 40 stuff, though I listen to other stuff as well.

The only current music I listen to is mostly from Europe

Written By: whistledog on 04/21/06 at 6:33 pm

same here

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/21/06 at 6:37 pm

I like some stuff from Europe. Generally the music is quite a bit better there than here.

Written By: Schillingfan on 04/21/06 at 10:21 pm

I like some stuff from Europe. Generally the music is quite a bit better there than here.

I agree!

Can't listen to stuff from the USA and my country Canada and figure out who sounds like who... When I first heard Sarah Connor's "Bounce", I couldn't figure out a certian artist that she sounded like, but then I figured she sounded like all the others...

Still like two of her songs though...

The last artist(s) that DIDN'T sound like anyone else that I can think of are Sandra Cretu and Peter Schilling (at least I can maybe figure out why he's called an "innovative Musiker")

Check for new replies or respond here...