inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Life imitates Benny Hill...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/21/06 at 1:25 am

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyid=2006-04-20T153938Z_01_N4K350677_RTRUKOC_0_US-BREASTS.xml

If a 76-year-old man showed up at your door offering "free breast exams" would you remove your blouse and brassiere and let him palpate?

Per the above story, emphasis mine:

One woman became suspicious after the man asked her to remove all her clothes and began conducting a purported genital exam without donning rubber gloves, investigators said.

The REALLY weird thing is these stories seem to, er, pop up on a regular basis. I wouldn't know where to retrieve the story for specifics, but I remember one about a joker who was, uh, busted for assault and practicing medicine without a license after giving numerous women free mammary and gynecological exams...in his shabby fourth-story tenement apartment.

I can just imagine these women explaining to their husband, "Well, gosh, Henry, GYN visits are expensive and our insurance won't cover them any more, and he said it was free...he just seemed like such a nice man with the sun glinting off his gold tooth."
:o

Subject: Re: Life imitates Benny Hill...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/21/06 at 8:42 pm

BUMP

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/21/06 at 8:56 pm

I like your way of explaining it, easier than reading the actual article...

Written By: Mushroom on 04/25/06 at 10:56 am

This just goes to show that some people are idiots.

Come on, a doctor doing a house call?  Free breast exams door-to-door?

And they are in Florida no less.  Rednecks *shakes head from side to side*

Check for new replies or respond here...