inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: soundtracks

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 04/22/06 at 6:27 pm

i remember back in the 90's and even maybe 2000 and 2001 soundtracks were huge what happened?

Subject: Re: soundtracks

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/22/06 at 6:29 pm

i remember back in the 90's and even maybe 2000 and 2001 soundtracks were huge what happened?

I wasn't aware that they weren't anymore.

Written By: whistledog on 04/22/06 at 9:04 pm

The last soundtrack I can recall being big in the charts was "8 Mile".  It sure isn't like it was in the old days with 90's soundtracks like "The Bodyguard" and "The Lion King" and 80's soundtracks like "Flashdance", "Footloose" and "Urban Cowboy" heating up the charts

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/22/06 at 9:06 pm

I guess compilations of older music in general have been consigned the discount bin, as everyone can just download them one by one off the internet, whereas there is at least incentive to buy whole albums by artists as you are seen to be supporting those artists.

I've never bought a movie sound-track in my life (and I've bought over 100 CD's), though I do have the Forrest Gump Soundtrack.

Check for new replies or respond here...