inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you YAHOO?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/23/06 at 8:27 pm

I recently became a Yahoo! subscriber....I still have AOL as my ISP, but Yahoo! has stuff that AOL doesn't have...And Yahoo Launchcast is better than crappy Radio@AOL!

Yahoo has software where you can put 'widgets' on your desktop, like weather, entertainment, and a few others I haven't used yet....

Subject: Re: Do you YAHOO?

Written By: Apricot on 04/23/06 at 8:39 pm

I love LaunchCast Radio.. it's turned me on to so many great bands.

Written By: whistledog on 04/23/06 at 9:35 pm

I only use Yahoo! for e-mail.  I've had my Yahoo! account for nearly 5 years now.  Much better e-mail than Hotmail

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/23/06 at 10:13 pm

As far as free e-mail services (GMail excluded), Yahoo! is the one I chose. Unless you can show me another one thats better?

And I'm not too big on LaunchCast. Much prefer Last.fm

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/23/06 at 10:15 pm

Got Yahoo for e-mail and Launch Cast.

Written By: Schillingfan on 04/24/06 at 12:43 am

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/24/06 at 1:08 am

I have a Yahoo email account and I refer to Yahoo for some stuff. Generally, I think Yahoo is pretty lame because it's way too mainstream and dull. It's not nearly as bad as MSN, though.

I don't IM at all. I would not IM on any open system. It's nothing but trouble. It is the cyber equivalent of having unprotected sex in bathroom stalls with random IV drug users. I had a lame-o job a while back that required me to use MSN IM. Even with updated virus/spyware protectors my computer got infested. Never again!
:P

Written By: Watcher29 on 04/24/06 at 9:14 am

I had a Yahoo! Mail account for years, but now I have their DSL service through AT&T as well.

Written By: Schillingfan on 04/24/06 at 11:53 am

I mostly use Yahoo e-mail to seperate my personal stuff from my mom's and to have my own email...

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/24/06 at 3:55 pm

I love Yahoo!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/24/06 at 4:12 pm

Got Yahoo for e-mail and Launch Cast.

same here.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/24/06 at 5:42 pm

I love Yahoo for e-mail but that's about all I use it for.

Written By: shadowy_starr on 04/24/06 at 7:09 pm

I use yahoo for email, Launch Cast and IMing sometimes.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/30/06 at 6:26 am

I used to have YAHOO! but removed the programme as I couldn't handle having to login each time and also the popups drove me nuts.
One thing I do LOVE about it over MSN messenger tho' is the brinngggggggggggg sound you hear when a new message has been written   ;D ;D I know.. tiny things please tiny minds,  but it's a lovely sound over the msn bloopbloop sound    ;D  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/30/06 at 11:26 am

As I was just telling Babooshka, I now have to set up a Yahoo IM account for my job, just days after my screed against IM-ing! Well, that's the trade-off I make for saving gas!
::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/30/06 at 1:00 pm

I have an e-mail account, I IM on Yahoo (as well as AOL), and I have a My Yahoo page set up that has most of the major news stories, the baseball scores, t.v. listings, and several other info that I want. I used to play their games but don't anymore-I don't know why

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/30/06 at 1:15 pm

I used to use Yahoo messenger, but I no longer have it on my computer. I have AIM...but I don't use it anymore either.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/03/06 at 6:36 pm

I have a webpage on Yahoo! that I created with Yahoo 360....It's easier to create a webpage with their creator than it is with AOL Hometown...the webpage I created has a cat theme.

Check for new replies or respond here...