inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: sexy 90's VS 00's

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 04/30/06 at 7:12 am

i think in the 90's sexy was shown  almost in a werid artsy way and the 00's seem to be more in your face like the booty dancers in most rap videos and seem to try to make it more glamorous 

Example: 90's most madonna videos like human nature and erotica

Example 00's: Ms. new booty(ew)

Subject: Re: sexy 90's VS 00's

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/30/06 at 10:18 am

i think in the 90's sexy was shown  almost in a werid artsy way and the 00's seem to be more in your face like the booty dancers in most rap videos and seem to try to make it more glamorous 

Sleaze was no cheesier in the 00s as the 90s, 80s, 70s, 60s - even the 20s! It's even more in your face...

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/30/06 at 11:16 am

The sexuality of the '90s was darker, artsier, and more glamorous-see En Vogue's "Free Your Mind" video or Madonna's '90s videos. This decade it's all light, vulgar, and cheesy, like Los Angeles.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/01/06 at 1:20 am

The sexuality of the '90s was darker, artsier, and more glamorous-see En Vogue's "Free Your Mind" video or Madonna's '90s videos. This decade it's all light, vulgar, and cheesy, like Los Angeles.

Hahaha  ;D

I'm not really a fan of sleaze. I find romance to be sexier.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/01/06 at 1:21 am

Ms. new booty..... now there is a cheesy video....  ::)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/01/06 at 1:24 am

That's a fair statement  ;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/01/06 at 1:25 am

I really HATE that song, lol.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/01/06 at 1:26 am

I really HATE that song, lol.

Me too.  At least Grillz and Laffy Taffy are kind of funny.  That's song like unlistenable.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/01/06 at 1:27 am

Me too.  At least Grillz and Laffy Taffy are kind of funny.  That's song like unlistenable.

Yea that song is unlistenable crap. I can't believe it became so popular.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/01/06 at 2:57 am

The 'sexuality' of the 90s was Androgynous and Dionysian, hinting at the 60s, whereas that of the 00s hints at the trashy 80s.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/01/06 at 4:14 pm

The '00s are very sleazy, trashy, and unappealing sexually. Particularly the early '00s...I mean, giant stretch pants with the words "Sexy Diva" on the ass?

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/01/06 at 8:03 pm

The '00s are very sleazy, trashy, and unappealing sexually. Particularly the early '00s...I mean, giant stretch pants with the words "Sexy Diva" on the ass?

Yes, certainly less artful. And it's hardly just hip-hop/super mainstream culture.

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 05/03/06 at 8:48 am

The early 1990s, relating to sexy, was garbage.  How the hell can one be turned on by fishnet stalkings, baggy trousers, wavy hair, and too much freaking makeup? http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nixweiss.gif
Personally, I thought the Lisa Loeb and the Gwen Stefani look of the mid 1990s was sexy.  There's just something about "horn-rimmed" glasses and a white chick with a dot on her forehead that just makes me melt. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/pinklove2.gif
The late 1990s and 2000s.....well....how do I put it.....?.......too much makeup, again,...crap clothes, again...and  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/spam1.gif!!!  I rest my case. :)

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/03/06 at 9:44 am

I think many 90s celebrities/starlets had far more sex appeal that today's wannabe pin-up dolls...e.g. Demi Moore, Cindy Crawford, Yasmin Bleeth, Brook Shields.etc. Pamela Anderson was a bit TOO much of a bimbo.Today we have Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton...I know who I'd choose anyday.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...