inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: what is the name of this band or song

Written By: Andydrew on 05/03/06 at 2:11 am

There's this song that came out in January this year(i think it was january) which I really liked, but i forgot the name of the song and the band of it. The band has a female lead singer and three male instramental players. The girl sings the song. I'll explain the clip of the song....
You first see this mini-record shelf(the view is facing the front of the records), and you see these hands flick through the collection he/she(you never actually see that person) has, then he/she stops and he/she picks up a mini-record and puts the mini-record on the mini-record player.  Then the song starts and you see the band alternating from one record cover to the next, there clothes and hair styles, change to suit the genre of the music on that record.

I only remember a bit of the words from the song, but i hope its enough to recognise, if you have heard this song. ("            " represents words i can't remember)

....techno.......disco "                                " do the "                                ".

I hope this is enough information if you know the name of the song or the band or both can you please reply, thank you. I wanna download it to my mp3.

Subject: Re: what is the name of this band or song

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/03/06 at 2:13 am

That video sounds like it might be "Stacey's Mom" by Fountains of Wayne, but I could be wrong.  I remember the video having an element like that.

Written By: Andydrew on 05/03/06 at 2:21 am

nah, sorry thats not it, thanks anyway i wanted to download that song as well.

dose anyone else have any idea what the name of the song or the name of the band of this was?(read first post)

Written By: chaka on 05/03/06 at 8:49 am

That song is called "Nth Degree" by a band called Morningwood.

Written By: Andydrew on 05/03/06 at 6:46 pm

That song is called "Nth Degree" by a band called Morningwood.

yes, thats the song, thank you sooooo much,. i'll right it down right now, lol. thanks for your help, chaka.

Written By: chaka on 05/04/06 at 7:02 am

;)

Check for new replies or respond here...