inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Imitation of other people..

Written By: SpaceHog on 05/11/06 at 7:24 am

I have another petpeeve, white people talking as if they were black.

Does this really make you mad?

Subject: Re: Imitation of other people..

Written By: chaka on 05/11/06 at 7:25 am

It doesn't really make me mad but everytime I hear someone doing it,I  ::)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/11/06 at 7:27 am

Whatchu talkin' 'bout foo'?!

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/11/06 at 8:54 am

Yeah, it's getting a bit overboard, not the least bit funny or clever any more. Even if it's down out of flattery.

Written By: Gis on 05/11/06 at 10:28 am

It's the hand thing that gets me, what the hell is that all about?? First it was guys in rap vidoes doing it and no you get these little white kids in their hoodies doing it all the time when they speak.

Written By: Bobby on 05/11/06 at 11:21 am

It's the hand thing that gets me, what the hell is that all about?? First it was guys in rap vidoes doing it and no you get these little white kids in their hoodies doing it all the time when they speak.

Yes and doing that exagerated folded arms move . . .

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/11/06 at 12:18 pm

The whole "wigger" type thing peaked from maybe 1993-2003, the mid-'90s to the early '00s, and it's sort of been muted into the party preppie who talks about getting crunked and mispronounces black slang. I remember how annoying all the Eminem clones were, though.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/11/06 at 8:37 pm

The whole "wigger" type thing peaked from maybe 1993-2003, the mid-'90s to the early '00s, and it's sort of been muted into the party preppie who talks about getting crunked and mispronounces black slang. I remember how annoying all the Eminem clones were, though.

Tell me about it  ::)

Written By: Watcher29 on 05/12/06 at 10:24 am

W00t! Represent!

Check for new replies or respond here...