inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Biggest Female Artist Of 2006?

Written By: Dino on 05/12/06 at 6:19 am

Who will be the hottest female of 06?
whats your opinion?

Subject: Re: Biggest Female Artist Of 2006?

Written By: Dino on 05/12/06 at 6:21 am

Rihanna-'SOS' is the #1 song in the  both uk  & us, and 'Unfaithful' will follow in the same footsteps as it's currently storming up the chartsits currently atno. 21  2 songs almost  inside the top 10.. amazing . Her album 'A Girl Like Me' debut in the top 5 on the Billboard charts, but it will need to continue to sell in order for her to come out on top.

Nelly Furtado-Her single is blowing up! What a surprise. If her single is doing this well, this means her album should have no trouble becoming a hit. She seems like the underdog.

Mary J Blige-Her album has sold 2.2 million copies and her single "Be Without You" was a huge hit america her nex single is currently
at no.39 from no.60 last week in the billboard charts if it contniues this way she might hav another hit  in her  hands.

Shakira-'Hips Don't Lie' is this years 'Hollaback Girl,' and her album will surpass sales of 1 million soon. If Shakira wants to stay in the competition she needs to follow up Hips with another hit and her album needs to sell steadly through the year.

Beyonce-She already tore up the charts with 'Check on It' earlier this year, so she already has major points. She's supposed to release an album in September, and if that's the case, we can expect another two single to be out before the year is over. Because 'Check on It' was a huge hit and there's a huge chance her 1st and 2nd single will be huge too, she is a front runner to be the biggest female of the year. Plus 'Pink Panter' and 'Dreamgirls' are the icing on the cake.

Christina Aguilera-Another huge contender, the only difference is, she won't have anything out til June. However, if her album sells really well, she could be a big contender too, as long as her singles do well on the Billboard Hot 100, which seems to be likely due to the digital factor now. She should have 2/3 singles by the time the year is finished.

Janet Jackson-Will Janet get overshadowed with all these other younger girls in the spotlight? That didn't stop mariah carey last year. However, mariah was a miracle, and Janet is going to need something like mind blowin huge smash hit for the 1st single in order to be in the runnin'.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/12/06 at 6:34 am

I think Christina Aguilera's album will do badly, Beyonce's album will do pretty well but maybe not as well as expected (though she'll still be huge), Shakira will die down, Janet Jackson will be huge, and Rihanna is probably peaking at the moment.

Written By: chaka on 05/12/06 at 7:20 am

Very soon nobody will be talking about Rihanna.

Written By: 1993 on 05/12/06 at 10:56 am

This hasn't been a good year for female musicians, I mean...I don't know who the hell this Rihanna is. In the early to mid 90's we had Alanis, Jewell, Courtney Love, Elastica, Sarah Mclachlan, The Breeders.

all the artists in this poll just seem so worthless

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/12/06 at 12:19 pm

all the artists in this poll just seem so worthless

Agreed

Hopefully none of them are the "Biggest Female Artist of 2006", or else the music industry is in a never ending Hell

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/12/06 at 12:36 pm

Very soon nobody will be talking about Rihanna.

Essentially, along with Ashanti they're Beyonce clones the same way Paula Abdul, Jody Watley, et. al. were Madonna clones.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/12/06 at 12:48 pm

Rihanna for now. Christina will probably do well as well when her album comes out later this year, she has an amazing voice.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/12/06 at 12:56 pm

I agree^, Christina's new album is supposed to be very diverse...and I am sure, very good.  I also think that Natasha Bedingfield has become pretty popular with her few songs, and also, Kelly Clarkson is really well known and favored too.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/12/06 at 1:00 pm

I agree^, Christina's new album is supposed to be very diverse...and I am sure, very good.  I also think that Natasha Bedingfield has become pretty popular with her few songs, and also, Kelly Clarkson is really well known and favored too.

Yea Natasha has done very well with Unwritten. Christina Aguilera is definitely not worthless. There is a lot of crap on the charts now of course, but there are some good female vocalists out there.

Written By: whistledog on 05/12/06 at 1:01 pm

Hoe about Natalie Imbruglia?  Though her last album was popular in 2005.  She seems to release her albums like 4 years apart

Written By: chaka on 05/12/06 at 1:14 pm

[quote author=w???

Written By: Apricot on 05/12/06 at 2:40 pm

Sigh.. it's Kelly Clarkson. Christ, I hope she goes away soon.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/12/06 at 2:45 pm

My vote goes to my gal Rihanna!  8)

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/12/06 at 3:22 pm

My vote goes to my gal Rihanna!  8)

Cool.  8) Rihanna is awesome, lol.

Check for new replies or respond here...