inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: In Da Club

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/12/06 at 4:21 pm

OMG. I just listened to "In Da Club".  It is SO cheesy. The lyrics illustrate everything that's corny about this decade.

And the beat.  It sounds like Brian Eno after he smoked some of Snoop Dogg's weed  ;D

Subject: Re: In Da Club

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/12/06 at 4:25 pm

50 Cent]
Go, go, go, go
Go, go, go shawty
It's your birthday
We gon' party like it's yo birthday
We gon' sip Bacardi like it's your birthday
And you know we don't give a fudge
It's not your birthday!

(2x)
You can find me in the club, bottle full of bub
Look mami I got the X if you into taking drugs
I'm into having sex, I ain't into making love
So come give me a hug if you into to getting rubbed

When I pull out up front, you see the Benz on dubs
When I roll 20 deep, it's 20 knives in the club
Niggas heard I fudge with Dre, now they wanna show me love
When you sell like Eminem, and the hoes they wanna fudge
But homie ain't nothing change hold down, G's up
I see Xzibit in the Cutt that nigga roll that weed up
If you watch how I move you'll mistake me for a playa or pimp
Been hit wit a few shells but I dont walk wit a limp
In the hood then the ladies saying "50 you hot"
They like me, I want them to love me like they love 'Pac
But holla in New York them niggas'll tell ya im loco
And the plan is to put the rap game in a choke hold
I'm feelin' focused man, my money on my mind
I got a mill out the deal and I'm still on the grind
Now shawty said she feeling my style, she feeling my flow
Her girlfriend wanna get bi and they ready to go

(2x)

My flow, my show brought me the doe
That bought me all my fancy things
My crib, my cars, my pools, my jewels
Look nigga I got K-Mart and I ain't change

And you should love it, way more then you hate it
Nigga you mad? I thought that you'd be happy I made it
I'm that cat by the bar toasting to the good life
You that ****** ass nigga trying to pull me back right?
When my junk get to pumpin in the club it's on
I wink my eye at ya bitch, if she smiles she gone
If the roof on fire, let the motherfudgeer burn
If you talking bout money homie, I ain't concerned
I'm a tell you what Banks told me cause go 'head switch the style up
If the niggas hate then let 'em hate
Watch the money pile up
Or we go upside there wit a bottle of bub
You know where we fudgeing be

(2x)

(laughing) Don't try to act like you ain't know where we been either nigga
In the club all the time nigga, its about to pop off nigga
G-Unit

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/12/06 at 4:25 pm

It's like what "Gloria" by Laura Branigan is to the '80s.  EVERYTHING about In Da Club screams 2003.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/12/06 at 4:30 pm

Everything associated with G-Unit is very cheesy.  :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/14/06 at 10:05 am

Pretty much!  ;D

Written By: Apricot on 05/14/06 at 11:02 am

;D God, I almost forgot about that song. My parents used to listen to that album all the time, I know it lyric for lyric, and I didn't even like it.

Looking back, it's freaking hilarious. I also think it adequately captured a day in my life in a way that no other song has.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/14/06 at 12:03 pm

;D God, I almost forgot about that song. My parents used to listen to that album all the time, I know it lyric for lyric, and I didn't even like it.

Looking back, it's freaking hilarious. I also think it adequately captured a day in my life in a way that no other song has.

You have strange parents...my mom calls current rap "overblown sex music"  ;) . But, yeah....it's hilarious and corny, and symbolizes everything cheesy about this decade. Though I do think most people took it seriously at the time, thereby rendering it free of any tongue-in-cheek appeal. Like cheese is good in small doses, but you can't take too much of it or else your arteries are clogged.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/14/06 at 12:11 pm

Everybody loved this song in 2003. Even my little niece who was 8 at the time loved the "go shawty" song, lol. I liked it at the time, but it wasn't really my favorite. I used to like 21 Questions and P.I.M.P. as well at times. It's cheesy but I don't mind listening to it sometimes, it's actually entertaining, lol.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/14/06 at 1:00 pm

At the time this song was popular in Early 2003, it actually wasn't all that Bad.  Rap had not gotten overly cheesy yet and 50 Cent at the time was considered "Cool" because he was kind of "Underground" before "In Da Club" became a hit

It's easy to listen to it now and call it corny with the entire trend of corny new rappers and the popular opinion that "50 Cent" is a joke now, but at the time the song was new and popular, you couldn't really say that

It wasn't until like, his 3rd single that he started getting Hated on, because of course the typical trend now a days with Teenagers is that if a Rapper/Musician gets too popular, you have to Hate him and make fun of him to fit in with the "Cool" people  ::)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/14/06 at 3:34 pm

Rap sucks.  There's a reason you can't spell "crap" without "rap".

Written By: chaka on 05/14/06 at 3:51 pm

lol rap is crap!  ;D

Written By: Apricot on 05/14/06 at 4:15 pm

http://orlyowl.com/orly.jpg

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/14/06 at 4:55 pm

http://orlyowl.com/orly.jpg

http://www.orlyowl.com/yrly.jpg

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/14/06 at 5:28 pm

Or most rap since the early '90s, anyway. I consider Public Enemy to suck because they said most of the evil in the world was created by Jews.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/14/06 at 5:53 pm

Or most rap since the early '90s, anyway. I consider Public Enemy to suck because they said most of the evil in the world was created by Jews.

That's an Ok reason to dislike them, but that's a stupid reason to say their music sucks.  Either way, they are the Greatest Rap Group of All Time, and probably the greatest rap act period

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/14/06 at 5:57 pm

That's an Ok reason to dislike them, but that's a stupid reason to say their music sucks.  Either way, they are the Greatest Rap Group of All Time, and probably the greatest rap act period

I'd put Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5 over Public Enemy.  I might even put NWA over them. 

And people can say any kind of music sucks for whatever reason they want.  You don't have to say the reason is "stupid".

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/14/06 at 5:59 pm

I'd put Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5 over Public Enemy.  I might even put NWA over them. 

NWA doesn't even come close to Public Enemy

Even the Greatest Rap Album of all time belongs to Public Enemy.  Seems to me like you think you're going by popular opinion on who's best, well you've obviously got your facts wrong.  99% of people would tell you that Public Enemy is better than NWA (Except for maybe some ignorant people from the West Coast who are bitter)

You sit here and claim that "Rap Sucks", yet you pretend to know anything about it and what groups are good and what groups aren't  ::)

And people can say any kind of music sucks for whatever reason they want.  You don't have to say the reason is "stupid".

And yes, certain reasons can be Stupid.  Get the stick out of your Butt

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/14/06 at 6:04 pm

NWA doesn't even come close to Public Enemy

And yes, certain reasons can be Stupid.  Get the stick out of your Butt

You sit here and claim that "Rap Sucks", yet you pretend to know anything about it and what groups are good and what groups aren't  ::)

Roll your eyes toward a wall.  Not at me.

And just because I think a genre sucks doesn't mean I can deny its influence on American society.  Grandmaster Flash and NWA had more influence on American society (introducing rap and bringing in gangsta rap) than anything that Public Enemy did. 

And if this were a more liberal forum, I'd tell you where you can shove that stick.

Written By: whistledog on 05/14/06 at 11:40 pm

That whole 90's Gangsta Rap scene sucked.  It was all about gangs, guns and shooting.  They say if you play a rap song backwards, the guy gets out of jail ;D

Written By: sonikuu on 05/15/06 at 1:19 am

Good mainstream Rap music died in 1997 with the Notorious B.I.G.  The minute Puff Daddy came out, mainstream Rap turned to crap and Rap went into it's bling-bling phase which it still hasn't gotten out of.  For 9 years, we've been putting up with "Glam Rap" and people pretending to be gangsta while driving a Mercedes.  Nowadays, you have to go underground to find good Rap music.

Check for new replies or respond here...